Fifth Judge?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
Just saw this posted on twitter http://t.co/ZZGw2bxAXj by the official X Factor account - could there be another panel member, or are they talking about the general public being the fifth judge yet again?

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are bringing in a fifth judge alternately for the live shows. However I expect it to be the live audience they are talking about
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I'd presume the audience or I guess they could be talking about Sharon's dog?
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet it is simon Via Satellite....They have mentioned it in the past...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I bet it will be the audience or public, sigh. I thought it was going to be exciting and then they said something like "find out who or what it is..."....
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    I hope it's Simon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I'm sure It will be the audience
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,551
    Forum Member
    Have they done this before and it's turned out to be the audience , seems really pointless if so
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor around the world had 5 judges so Id say Simon and co are def planning on expanding the panel.

I actually like this idea! Dont like the quiet room audition adding felt that was a step back but this sounds fun.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's not literally a fifth person on the panel because the feedback will go on too long... :yawn:

But I hope IF anyone is going to be the fifth judge it's Simon - but only if it's for the final vote/deadlock bit in the results show.
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Obviously going to be Simon. I'll be pissed if they say it's the audience or something
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Eithe the Audience/Public or Simon Via Satilitite
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe their will be a Top 16 and the FIFTH JUDGE will pick 3 wild cards from contestants that will be sent home
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they mean the viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they mean the viewers.

I Thought that as well however I think it must be something more since DS has an article about it
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its obviously something new to the show because they are making an official announcement on friday, so they wouldnt just make space for a special announcement if it just emphasised an existing part of the show surely? I was thinking perhaps it might be some sort of a scoring system, so that the scoreboard would be the fifth judge. Don't really know how it would work in unison with the categories format though...
  • spikerspiker Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    It's the New interactive app. Viewers can vote yes or no for the acts shown over the auditions and the results will appear on screen.
    Forum Member
    Maybe their will be a Top 16 and the FIFTH JUDGE will pick 3 wild cards from contestants that will be sent home

Hope not. I don't want any silly twists this year. There are bound to be only 12 contestants as they put 24 through to the judges houses.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will need to find a new Wagner/Jedward/Rylan/Christopher Maloney to keep it interesting.
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    They will need to find a new Wagner/Jedward/Rylan/Christopher Maloney to keep it interesting.

Jedward were probably the only ones out of those who actually kept the ratings up, but I think if they focus too much on those acts, they'll overshadow the acts with talent.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiker wrote: »
    It's the New interactive app. Viewers can vote yes or no for the acts shown over the auditions and the results will appear on screen.

Sounds about right since its the day before it starts. But Im convinced that sooner or later a fifth judge will be added.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,551
    Forum Member
    I think it will be simon via satellite , they can't hype it up by announcing a specific date then revealing its the audience that would be a ridiculous and not particularly clever thing to do
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 'or what' addition to the tweet more than suggests that it isn't a specific person so the new app sounds very likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it has to be someone who will make a massive impact on the show, hence the announcement? I'm assuming it'll be someone who will only join the panel for the live shows because they're announcing it so late.
    Maybe Cheryl seeing as she's recently said she won't be joining The Voice as she has too much association with X Factor?
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be difficult though for someone to come in to the show so late in the process when they haven't been involved in the audition process in any way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    It'll be difficult though for someone to come in to the show so late in the process when they haven't been involved in the audition process in any way.

Maybe it'll be Simon then?