another Game cock up...

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i went back to collect my Mass Effect trilogy only to find they have put it up a fiver from yesterday, AC3 is now £50, in line with the Wii U title and Family Guy has been reduced to £29.99, but they didnt have any

even the staff looked embarrassed.

anyway, they were trying to sell a Wii U 8gb to an older lady amd she was asking if she could buy a wiimote plus as well to use with it, the salesperson didnt have an igloo that that the 8gb has no sensor bar bundled

clueless, overpriced buffoons

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah..pure greed. My store was closed today so I'm thinking they've shut down. No great loss IMO.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £50 for AC3?? That has to be a joke.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »

Id say the same about anybody paying £5 for Family guy, never mind £29.99
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id say the same about anybody paying £5 for Family guy, never mind £29.99

for fans of the show, and we are, its worth it just for an xmas day laugh

im not expecting it to be a good game :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »

it is true, £49.99, £47.99 pre owned
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing surprises me with game.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is true, £49.99, £47.99 pre owned

£2 cheaper for pre-owned!!!! :D With a used u-Play code!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my WiiU and games cheaper in game than most other stores

(i better not mention that here though even i could literally find examples of every other game shop charging more for some products than game do, are they 100% perfect no, no they are not but you aren't forced to shop from there and please just remember to praise them when you save money like i have)
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Was in my local game today, they had the new nfs for £29.99 or £37.99 pre owned
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I love how I work in GAME and customers inform me that decision made by head office (pricing) is somehow my fault.

Clueless buffons:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I got my WiiU and games cheaper in game than most other stores

(i better not mention that here though even i could literally find examples of every other game shop charging more for some products than game do, are they 100% perfect no, no they are not but you aren't forced to shop from there and please just remember to praise them when you save money like i have)

you have told us this, im just gobsmacked they put the price of my ME trilogy up for no apparent reason

idiots they are
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Was in my local game today, they had the new nfs for £29.99 or £37.99 pre owned

It's on sale. If a game has a blue sticker (sale sticker) they will not drop the pre-owned price, as the new price will go back up.
    Forum Member
    It's on sale. If a game has a blue sticker (sale sticker) they will not drop the pre-owned price, as the new price will go back up.

Yeah knew it was on a deal but still a bit daft to have the more expensive pre owned one next to a new one that's cheaper.

Not criticising the local shop as like going in as the guys working there know about gaming
    Forum Member
    Yeah knew it was on a deal but still a bit daft to have the more expensive pre owned one next to a new one that's cheaper.

Not criticising the local shop as like going in as the guys working there know about gaming

Yeah I agree that it's stupid. It's because Head Office state that all shelves must be full and pre-owned displayed as that's where they make big margins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have told us this, im just gobsmacked they put the price of my ME trilogy up for no apparent reason

idiots they are

If know a mentioned it already but i feel i need to display there is a different side to the point on game

I just don't get why people moan ''oh its more in game'', ''oh they put the price up''

boo ****ing hoo, its called shopping, products are cheaper in different shops, we do not need a thread moaning about this everything it happens in game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree that it's stupid. It's because Head Office state that all shelves must be full and pre-owned displayed as that's where they make big margins.

deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If know a mentioned it already but i feel i need to display there is a different side to the point on game

I just don't get why people moan ''oh its more in game'', ''oh they put the price up''

boo ****ing hoo, its called shopping, products are cheaper in different shops, we do not need a thread moaning about this everything it happens in game

its not shopping, its pure greed

clueless staff

hard sell on warrantys and disc insurance

putting prices up for the sake of it(the lad admitted that..)

ill stick to asda, wiimotes are £15 more in game as well,,
    Forum Member
    deleted

How come you deleted? I'm intrigued now:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come you deleted? I'm intrigued now:)

because i feel ripped off regarding ME trilogy, AC3 £18 trade and they sell for £47.....

dont know why i did it, but i wanted to get the trilogy

i feel sorry for the staff, most are from gamestation, thats why i still go in there
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I'm popping in game over the next few days. Is hitman still £19.99?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not shopping, its pure greed

clueless staff

hard sell on warrantys and disc insurance

putting prices up for the sake of it(the lad admitted that..)

ill stick to asda, wiimotes are £15 more in game as well,,

1, a business is about making as much money as possible, labeling that as greed is just silly

2, 1 or 2 maybe but i doubt the entire staff is clueless considering how many former gamestation workers now work in game stores (and we all remember how much people on these forums loved gamestation even though it was the same as game)

3, i've bought every console since the PS2 (except the original xbox) in game or gamestation and not once did i staff member try to 'hard sell' me a warranty unless saying...
    'would you like cover with that'
    Me: 'no thanks'
    'ok'
    ...is now a hard sell

4. nothing i can say about the last point it is silly to put prices up

My point being people seem to moan more because its game, i've seen preowned games that cost more than new copies in grainger games and HMV, i've seen prices go up in other shops but there is never a thread about that
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    I'm popping in game over the next few days. Is hitman still £19.99?

Was today anyway
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Was today anyway

Thanks. Looks like i'm getting hitman then:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1, a business is about making as much money as possible, labeling that as greed is just silly

2, 1 or 2 maybe but i doubt the entire staff is clueless considering how many former gamestation workers now work in game stores (and we all remember how much people on these forums loved gamestation even though it was the same as game)

3, i've bought every console since the PS2 (except the original xbox) in game or gamestation and not once did i staff member try to 'hard sell' me a warranty unless saying...
    'would you like cover with that'
    Me: 'no thanks'

'ok'
    ...is now a hard sell

4. nothing i can say about the last point it is silly to put prices up

My point being people seem to moan more because its game, i've seen preowned games that cost more than new copies in grainger games and HMV, i've seen prices go up in other shops but there is never a thread about that

young girl works in my local shop, i asked her about a game, she said she didnt know and dosent play games, she just buys shoes

really
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Thanks. Looks like i'm getting hitman then:p

hitman £19.99

007 legends £49.99

:confused: