What Do I need to send back?

R410R410 Posts: 2,991
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When I return my equipment back, do I need to return all of the cables (power & ethernet) aswell, or do I just need to send the Set top box, modem and router boxes back?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    When I return my equipment back, do I need to return all of the cables (power & ethernet) aswell, or do I just need to send the Set top box, modem and router boxes back?

the whole lot..
    i kept the hdmi cable when i gave back the equipment,
    2 weeks later i got a bill for 18.99 from virgin media cos they thort i stole it/lost it..
    i not doing that again..
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    When i retuned the v+ box i returned box - card - power lead that was it,

The Hdmi supplied failed and i would argue that if i asked virgin to send me a new hdmi they would tell me where to go,

Also hdmi would never cost them £18.99 and would ask them to provide a copy of the original breakdown of equipment supplied and i bet it does not say hdmi on it therefore they must prove you had it in the first place,

Also don;t but a return address on the parcel when sending the equipment back, via Collect+ they delivered it back to me the next day, Even though it was noted as return address only, stupid idiots - they did take it away and it did get back eventually
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psouth wrote: »
    the whole lot..
    i kept the hdmi cable when i gave back the equipment,
    2 weeks later i got a bill for 18.99 from virgin media cos they thort i stole it/lost it..
    i not doing that again..
    £18.99 :eek: Robbing b&st@ards. No way the HDMI cable that they supply will cost that much.

I only have a Samsung V Box anyway. I'll just put the whole lot in the packaging and send it off.
    Don't need any of the cables anyway.

Still got about 4 of the power leads from previous NTL installations in the shed,
    Forum Member
    R410 wrote: »
    £18.99 :eek: Robbing b&st@ards. No way the HDMI cable that they supply will cost that much.

I only have a Samsung V Box anyway. I'll just put the whole lot in the packaging and send it off.
    Don't need any of the cables anyway.

Still got about 4 of the power leads from previous NTL installations in the shed,

i kept the hdmi cable for my compter..lol
    virgin media wouldnt want old NTL kit back any way..
    its old tat..lol
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psouth wrote: »
    i kept the hdmi cable for my compter..lol
    virgin media wouldnt want old NTL kit back any way..
    its old tat..lol
    Don't have a HDMI cable as it is only an SD box. Wouldn't need one anyway. Got a 15M HDMI going round the end of the room to my desk for that.

It is just the Power cables that are in the cupboard, the old box we had went in the bin years ago, we told them to collect it but no one wanted it.

We have found use for the old NTL co-ax cable that powered the old NTL boxes too, it has been used power the Freeview TVs. It is higher quality than you buy from the shops. :D
    Forum Member
    davetech wrote: »
    When i retuned the v+ box i returned box - card - power lead that was it,

The Hdmi supplied failed and i would argue that if i asked virgin to send me a new hdmi they would tell me where to go,

Also hdmi would never cost them £18.99 and would ask them to provide a copy of the original breakdown of equipment supplied and i bet it does not say hdmi on it therefore they must prove you had it in the first place,

Also don;t but a return address on the parcel when sending the equipment back, via Collect+ they delivered it back to me the next day, Even though it was noted as return address only, stupid idiots - they did take it away and it did get back eventually

when i had my contract i had a list of all equipment and leads etc,so they know what leads,boxes etc i got..
    it was in a list..
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Was not listed on my contract, but they may have altered, but hdmi for £18.99 this shows just what this and other company's do to rake up profits - :mad:
    Forum Member
    davetech wrote: »
    Was not listed on my contract, but they may have altered, but hdmi for £18.99 this shows just what this and other company's do to rake up profits - :mad:

i didnt mean the contract it self,it was a seperate peace of paper which i had to sign about the equipment..
    i signed it twice,once when i started the contract and when i ended the contract..
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin collected my equipment early last year.

I gave the guy everything including leads and he said he only needs the box and the remote. He showed me and gave me a copy of the return form and it only asks for the actual units and a remote.

I had a receipt from him and never any comeback from Virgin.
    Forum Member
    sps1013 wrote: »
    Virgin collected my equipment early last year.

I gave the guy everything including leads and he said he only needs the box and the remote. He showed me and gave me a copy of the return form and it only asks for the actual units and a remote.

I had a receipt from him and never any comeback from Virgin.

ok,fair enough