Infuriated by comments about James (regarding Twitter blast at will.i.am)

fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
Forum Member
I really don't understand why there is just blatant misguided hate. What infuriates me though are the blatant contradictions and just how wrong and misinformed people. People just take this as another dig against the XF, they haven't heard James.

1) Somebody says will.i.am is not a singer so it's irrelevant to make a comparison about their songs.

Then what exactly is he???? And why exactly are those same people making a comparison? What exactly are we comparing here if he can't sing? The two artists' artistry? Because if so then blatantly James wins by landfall, but for some reason the rest of the forum don't want to accept that.:rolleyes:

2) People are therefore comparing will.i.am's records sold with James's records sold.

An unfair comparison because will.i.am has been around for 16 years...James has barely been here for 1 year. Unfair comparison and yet people are annoyingly still making it. It's like comparing The Beetles with Take That even though Take That has been around for much less time. :yawn:

3) People are saying people wouldn't know about James if they hadn't watched the XF?

This is just wrong because James has been in the top 10 iTunes for 6-7 weeks now let alone his month long domination in the charts. Unless some musicians/listeners have not followed the charts for the past 2 months and/or have really restrained themselves from buying music for the past two months from iTunes and/or not listened to Radio 1/Capital for the past 2 months, I would think some other non-XF viewers would have heard of him. :yawn:

4) 'Matt Curdle #2'

Now this is just getting annoying. I'm sorry Matt fans but James has gone global with this single. No winner's single got that far! Alex's did BUT it pretty much flopped in every other country.

5) 'It's a charity single'

Does everyone spend a quid just like that to have a song they dislike on their iTunes??? Surely it would be much easier to give that pound to the charity box in the local shops? I mean c'mon does anyone do this? Also it wasn't even advertised as a charity single on the radio or on iTunes...such blatant poppycock. People jumping on the bandwagon.

6) DS's little 'dig' is also extremely wrong + annoying - 'James seems misguided in his comments because Will and Danny have both scored #1s'

Ok DS's blatant bias aside, call me crazy but doesn't the hashtag 'Whereisthelove' maybe indicate that the message was for will and not Danny!!!! Also how exactly is James misguided? He DID keep will off the top spot for longer than will was on the top spot! So where was the contradiction? Blatant unjustified contempt.

7) will.i.am sold more records overall than James

Means nothing again because what James commented on was that he beat will.i.am off the top spot for a few weeks (in fact more than will.i.am was even top in the first place) so really will.i.am ought to know about him. It's crazy how that can be completely twisted into something it's not.

8) James is getting 'too big for his boots'

For what? Pointing out something that is true? Letting people mock him? He hasn't actually said anything which could be seen as offensive, he's just pointed out a fact!

9) will.i.am wasn't making a dig at James,

Yes he was! Yes he freaking hell was! Especially seeing as his single is part of the equation. Also due to him being so heavily invested in the music industry as not just an artist but a music producer and record label exec...I think he of all people would know about someone who is doing well at a particular time.

9) Someone called Matt and will.i.am James's peers and he keeps on saying nasty stuff to his peers. 'James is unlikable'

How are Matt and Will in any way James's peers? Peers in the music industry????? I don't understand! If anything there exact opposites - they are rivals to James! His actual peers (who would have been Series 9's top 12) have all said he's a nice guy! If he's got into a disagreement with Matt Cardle (who lets face it took something James said and blow it way out of proportion and not to mention the fact that he himself hasn't been amiable to even his own peers in the Series 10 line-up), Frankie Boyle (a 'comedian' who was being genuinely offensive) and will.i.am (for blatantly criticizing him).

10) Excuse #129 for why James got his #1 single, 'XF winners always get a #1 single'.

Still surprised by this comment...and yes for the most part they do (Joe's didn't). How is that an excuse for anything? Yes the fact that he had a platform to advertise himself on would have helped, but is that really alone enough to get a #1 single???? Judging by this every time a song is released straight after that artist has come out of that reality show should be a #1. Yet I don't see Leanne anywhere in even the top 40.

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, someone`s having a meltdown.:eek:

actually, i think james has way to much to say for himself and overreacts to the slightest throwaway comment. sitting behind a laptop lashing out at forum members on here for making abusive comments or having twitter wars with cardle, who was in his position once is one thing. however, taking comments at face value without knowing the exact context is another. the `whereisthelove` comment just makes him sound entitled, the guy just said he didn't know you, get over it.:o

his career could go one or two ways really, but if he does do well, imagine his ego after a #1 album.:eek:
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    oh dear, someone`s having a meltdown.:eek:

actually, i think james has way to much to say for himself and overreacts to the slightest throwaway comment. sitting behind a laptop lashing out at forum members on here for making abusive comments or having twitter wars with cardle, who was in his position once is one thing. however, taking comments at face value without knowing the exact context is another. the `whereisthelove` comment just makes him sound entitled, the guy just said he didn't know you, get over it.:o

his career could go one or two ways really, but if he does do well, imagine his ego after a #1 album.:eek:

It's just that some of the comments made about him are just wrong. And people are either following the pack and jumping on the bandwagon. If you go onto the other topic the one where will.i.am is saying he doesn't know James, you have nearly every comment defending James. And then suddenly in the other topic, it's like a completely different story. Nobody has said anything positive on James's side.

Again! His ego? Sorry but I hardly count defending yourself from these comments as being arrogant. If someone says something that's quite ironic and rude to anyone, wouldn't that person try to stick up for themselves???! Why must the victim be insulted for defending themselves? :mad:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just that some of the comments made about him are just wrong. And people are either following the pack and jumping on the bandwagon. If you go onto the other topic the one where will.i.am is saying he doesn't know James, you have nearly every comment defending James. And then suddenly in the other topic, it's like a completely different story. Nobody has said anything positive on James's side.

Again! His ego? Sorry but I hardly count defending yourself from these comments as being arrogant. If someone says something that's quite ironic and rude to anyone, wouldn't that person try to stick up for themselves???! Why must the victim be insulted for defending themselves? :mad:

i come to my own conclusions, so i don't read a threads or news stories and follow the general consensus. if there are positive and negative topics popular in different places. well that would suggest to me that people have found places where their opinions are mirrored by others and that may also explain them not posting in opposing topics.

you call it him defending himself, i feel its egotistical. its a difference of opinion, don't be mad about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The recent twitter comment does sound a bit cocky to me, Nothing wrong with defending yourself, especially considering who he was defending himself against were spouting rubbish in the first place, but the issue for me was how he decided to put that defence across. It sounds like bragging, and people generally don't like others bigging up their own success even if they genuinely have had it.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fireemblemcraze, you have too many number 9s in your opening post!

This James/Danny/Will row sounds like The Voice v X-Factor!
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James seems to have a case of blabbing a bit too much, it's not the 1st time. If he does that too often, it could be bad for him.

I think that he needs better advisers, and to leave twitter. He is a singer songwriter type of artist, so he should concentrate on doing the best album that he can instead of "starting" twitter feud. I don't know how important twitter presence is for their promo strategy, but it would be bettter to stop those mishaps (enough can be said during interviews...).

Good for him that his X Factor single is doing so well, but it doesn't garanty anything for the 1st album, everyone knows that.

Despite the fact that Will I Am can't sing live, he seems to be able to produce very successful tracks (i don't like them, but other people obviously do), and has been for a long time. James should not be too cocky yet (or sound like it by mistake).
    Many people don't like Will, but seemingly bragging about one upping Will won't be liked either, people don't like artists who brag too much or slag off other artists in general.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team will.i.am 100%
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    It's like comparing The Beetles with Take That even though Take That has been around for much less time. :yawn:

Beetles?

Edit - actually perhaps beetles is a fair comparison to Take That.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, I'd been wondering what James is up to recently. I'm sure he hasn't deliberately responded to Will.I.Am and Danny in order to secure his place on numerous entertainment websites out there. You know, the kind of websites that love nothing more than reporting on Twitter spats of the C-list celebrities currently making a career out of releasing easily quotable soundbites to use in 'news' stories to keep themselves in the public's subconscious.

Not that James is like that, of course. I'm sure that hasn't crossed his mind at all. After all, young Mr Arthur is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, and I'm sure he's hard at work writing, producing and mastering an album that will silence all his critics in a much more effective way than taking to Twitter to try and gain some easy headlines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh do you want me to ring the priority for you? Having a meltdown there hun.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Somebody says will.i.am is not a singer so it's irrelevant to make a comparison about their songs.

Then what exactly is he???? And why exactly are those same people making a comparison? What exactly are we comparing here if he can't sing? The two artists' artistry? Because if so then blatantly James wins by landfall, but for some reason the rest of the forum don't want to accept that.:rolleyes:

Will.i.am is a songwriter AND producer. He's had 3 back to back US #1s with songs HE wrote and produced. James is not in his league. All James has written are a few boring guitar songs that even a pub audience wouldn't be bothered to listen to. Will.i.am has written and produced so many hits, James is nothing. Deal with that. :)
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh deep joy, all of this has passed me by and mainly because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.:D
    *roll credits.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By default Team Will.I.Am 100%.

I lost any goodwill I might have had for him by his egotistical twitter behaviour shortly after he won the fiX-Factor.

It's one thing James "Authentic" Arthur having a verbal pop at Matt "Credible" Cardle after releasing one charity cover version single; but when Joe McElderry popped up to rightly advise him to calm down as his comments could alienate neutrals and adversely impact his future career his rude and frankly homophobic comments "Have you looked at the albums charts (referring to Olly Murs latest album success) .... I see you are getting bummed again ..." showed him up for the lowlife scum that he appears to be.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Will.I.Am has actually written some great ""credible"" songs, like that one by John Legend (I'm guessing you're going by the shallow 'guitar backing = credible' approach to artistry) whereas James hasn't released anything yet so it's unfair to judge. (If we include James's unreleased stuff then Will.I.Am wins outright.) Unless you by artistry you mean James's singing, which is unpleasant, or his ability to play instruments, which is dwarfed by Will.I.Am's.
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but in my opinion James' ego far outweighs his talent, he has no filter and is walking PR disaster waiting to happen. I can't see anything about him which makes him likable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but in my opinion James' ego far outweighs his talent, he has no filter and is walking PR disaster waiting to happen. I can't see anything about him which makes him likable.

THIS! EVERYTHING IN THIS POST.

He has to be the most dislikable winner ever even Steve behaved better than him :rolleyes:
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I lost any goodwill I might have had for him by his egotistical twitter behaviour shortly after he won the fiX-Factor.

It's one thing James "Authentic" Arthur having a verbal pop at Matt "Credible" Cardle after releasing one charity cover version single; but when Joe McElderry popped up to rightly advise him to calm down as his comments could alienate neutrals and adversely impact his future career his rude and frankly homophobic comments "Have you looked at the albums charts (referring to Olly Murs latest album success) .... I see you are getting bummed again ..." showed him up for the lowlife scum that he appears to be.

Yes, I thought Joe's comments were actually meant to be helpful and meant in the right way. Retorting wasn't nice.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Emmersonne wrote: »
    Yes, I thought Joe's comments were actually meant to be helpful and meant in the right way. Retorting wasn't nice.

Pretty sure Joe was not involved and it was Matt that advised him to calm down

Oh and @firemblemcraze The Climb did get to #1 ;)
  • Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I'll love it in 18 months when he's back in his bedsit and Will.i.am is succesfully getting #1's in numerous countries <3.

He got a winners single to #1, and the fact it was also a charity single... not the biggest achievement in the world. I'm sure will.i.am is crying in his sleep after these comments.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    fireemblemcraze, you have too many number 9s in your opening post!

This James/Danny/Will row sounds like The Voice v X-Factor!

Thanks Gill and I also seem to have called the Beatles 'The Beetles' :D.

Thanks all for your concern that I am having a meltdown but let me reassure that I am not ;) .

Anyway, all I want say is that it is extremely unfair. James when talking about Matt was speaking collectively about ALL male winners (and we all came to the consensus that he was generally right seeing as none of them have made a decent single except maybe Shayne).

Whether people like Impossible or not is irrelevant as loads of people clearly do like it for it to be the best sold winner's single ever and then to go global must say something!

Also to the people who seem to be supporting will.i.am for the sake of it. He is as credible a musician as my squeaks my flip flops produce :mad: . He can't sing. And before anyone springs to his defense saying 'he's not a singer' - yes he is! He contributes vocals to his songs, thus he is a singer! Otherwise I fail to see how you could call him a musician - what instrument besides the voice does he contribute?

@Billiesmith - I meant Christmas #1

@nooneoo - say what you want but he is liked by all of his peers (except Maloney) and Nicole/Tulisa/Gary and everyone wants to work with him. If he wasn't that amiable, why would Emeli and Labyrinth after working with him say that they really do want to work with him?

@Downtonaddict - ok how else does he defend oneself? He was completely right in what he said anyway. He was hardly bragging seeing as someone provoked him into that reaction.

@IsItThatDeep - again if you received a comment like this, would you not respond and defend yourself? I think it's the greatest disrespect to be asked who you are if you are a musician who that person should obviously know about.

This seems to be a steep uphill challenge since everyone here leans more against James (where are all of his fellow fans? :mad:). Some of you really seem to hate him for no reason at all...he's only been around for less than 6 months while will has been around for 13 years. This is such an unfair and unjust comparison.

Shout out to all James fans too - help me.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Will.i.am was originally a rapper...... so technically he really is not a singer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks all for your concern that I am having a meltdown but let me reassure that I am not ;) .

Anyway, all I want say is that it is extremely unfair. James when talking about Matt was speaking collectively about ALL male winners (and we all came to the consensus that he was generally right seeing as none of them have made a decent single except maybe Shayne).

Whether people like Impossible or not is irrelevant as loads of people clearly do like it for it to be the best sold winner's single ever and then to go global must say something!

Also to the people who seem to be supporting will.i.am for the sake of it. He is as credible a musician as my squeaks my flip flops produce :mad: . He can't sing. And before anyone springs to his defense saying 'he's not a singer' - yes he is! He contributes vocals to his songs, thus he is a singer! Otherwise I fail to see how you could call him a musician - what instrument besides the voice does he contribute?

I think he is a producer so he knows his notes/chords.....doesn't he know how to play the piano?

Edit: yeah he knows how to play the piano.....
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

@Billiesmith - I meant Christmas #1

@nooneoo - say what you want but he is liked by all of his peers (except Maloney) and Nicole/Tulisa/Gary and everyone wants to work with him. If he wasn't that amiable, why would Emeli and Labyrinth after working with him say that they really do want to work with him?

@Downtonaddict - ok how else does he defend oneself? He was completely right in what he said anyway. He was hardly bragging seeing as someone provoked him into that reaction.

@IsItThatDeep - again if you received a comment like this, would you not respond and defend yourself? I think it's the greatest disrespect to be asked who you are if you are a musician who that person should obviously know about.

This seems to be a steep uphill challenge since everyone here leans more against James (where are all of his fellow fans? :mad:). Some of you really seem to hate him for no reason at all...he's only been around for less than 6 months while will has been around for 13 years. This is such an unfair and unjust comparison.

Shout out to all James fans too - help me.:cry:

I agree but if you have any class or intelligence you would do it like Adam Lambert did here, and not sound like a self-entitled numpty.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-worship/adam-adam-levine-disses-lambert-204334
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why there is just blatant misguided hate. What infuriates me though are the blatant contradictions and just how wrong and misinformed people. People just take this as another dig against the XF, they haven't heard James.

2) People are therefore comparing will.i.am's records sold with James's records sold.

An unfair comparison because will.i.am has been around for 16 years...James has barely been here for 1 year. Unfair comparison and yet people are annoyingly still making it. It's like comparing The Beetles with Take That even though Take That has been around for much less time. :yawn:

3) People are saying people wouldn't know about James if they hadn't watched the XF?

This is just wrong because James has been in the top 10 iTunes for 6-7 weeks now let alone his month long domination in the charts. Unless some musicians/listeners have not followed the charts for the past 2 months and/or have really restrained themselves from buying music for the past two months from iTunes and/or not listened to Radio 1/Capital for the past 2 months, I would think some other non-XF viewers would have heard of him. :yawn:

4) 'Matt Curdle #2'

Now this is just getting annoying. I'm sorry Matt fans but James has gone global with this single. No winner's single got that far! Alex's did BUT it pretty much flopped in every other country.

5) 'It's a charity single'

Does everyone spend a quid just like that to have a song they dislike on their iTunes??? Surely it would be much easier to give that pound to the charity box in the local shops? I mean c'mon does anyone do this? Also it wasn't even advertised as a charity single on the radio or on iTunes...such blatant poppycock. People jumping on the bandwagon.

6) DS's little 'dig' is also extremely wrong + annoying - 'James seems misguided in his comments because Will and Danny have both scored #1s'

Ok DS's blatant bias aside, call me crazy but doesn't the hashtag 'Whereisthelove' maybe indicate that the message was for will and not Danny!!!! Also how exactly is James misguided? He DID keep will off the top spot for longer than will was on the top spot! So where was the contradiction? Blatant unjustified contempt.

7) will.i.am sold more records overall than James

Means nothing again because what James commented on was that he beat will.i.am off the top spot for a few weeks (in fact more than will.i.am was even top in the first place) so really will.i.am ought to know about him. It's crazy how that can be completely twisted into something it's not.

8) James is getting 'too big for his boots'

For what? Pointing out something that is true? Letting people mock him? He hasn't actually said anything which could be seen as offensive, he's just pointed out a fact!

9) will.i.am wasn't making a dig at James,

Yes he was! Yes he freaking hell was! Especially seeing as his single is part of the equation. Also due to him being so heavily invested in the music industry as not just an artist but a music producer and record label exec...I think he of all people would know about someone who is doing well at a particular time.

9) Someone called Matt and will.i.am James's peers and he keeps on saying nasty stuff to his peers. 'James is unlikable'

How are Matt and Will in any way James's peers? Peers in the music industry????? I don't understand! If anything there exact opposites - they are rivals to James! His actual peers (who would have been Series 9's top 12) have all said he's a nice guy! If he's got into a disagreement with Matt Cardle (who lets face it took something James said and blow it way out of proportion and not to mention the fact that he himself hasn't been amiable to even his own peers in the Series 10 line-up), Frankie Boyle (a 'comedian' who was being genuinely offensive) and will.i.am (for blatantly criticizing him).

10) Excuse #129 for why James got his #1 single, 'XF winners always get a #1 single'.

Still surprised by this comment...and yes for the most part they do (Joe's didn't). How is that an excuse for anything? Yes the fact that he had a platform to advertise himself on would have helped, but is that really alone enough to get a #1 single???? Judging by this every time a song is released straight after that artist has come out of that reality show should be a #1. Yet I don't see Leanne anywhere in even the top 40.

I'm sure you'll cope somehow.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That makes him a vocalist not a singer. He has never claimed to be able to sing. I have a 100000000000000000000000x more respect for will.i.am because he is extremely talented. Way way way more so than James ever will be.

Will has written and co-produced some of the biggest hits in the past decade or so, as I said earlier, with the Peas he had 3 back to back US #1s with songs that he co-wrote and produced. If you are going to use the popularity argument, then I'm pretty sure that is a feat that James will never achieve...

Will has also written loads of hits for other artists and they've pretty much all been successes, Will can adapt his style. James cannot. Plus James is far too arrogant and unlikeable. He has now become by far the most unlikeable winner for me, even Steve wasn't this bad and he has some reason to be bitter. James needs to keep quiet.