Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must have been in the top three if she won... :o
    )

Well obbvviously, but you know as well as I do that Idetached was referring to shows before Lisa's win.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis has won the Tour.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Well done Louis. Not exactly a huge surprise, considering how many show's he's already won.
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis has won the Tour.

The cream always rises to the top :D
    Congratulations to Louis and Ola :)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Louis. Not exactly a huge surprise, considering how many show's he's already won.

Yes, that's how he's won the tour!!!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's how he's won the tour!!!

Yes. I do know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Ola gets the 4th trophy around the strictlyversum and james count is still at zero LOL
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely knowing Louis won this afternoon in the o2 where he won his Olympic medals. :)
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis won at the matinee performance at the O2 this afternoon!
    Great show.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Think for the best dancer to win again the producers are going to have to seriously reconsider their editing, like Denise was edited as if she had no personality at all....thus why her votes were fewer. :rolleyes:

Feel like complaining that the way they edit people isn't fair...it's BBCs typical business like way of being and is very strange tbh. Glenn and Andrea are the reason why Denise didn't win on tour because although she had great judges marks was shown in a bad light in training vts. :(

I am not saying Louis shouldn't have won the tour....I am saying that a fairer idea would have been a 50:50 ratio of denise and Louis splitting the tour wins between them. The executive producers didn't allow it to happen though. :(
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis tweeting that he wants Phil to win at least once, saying everyone should win (so I assume they are expecting Michael to win at least once in Sheffiled).

Anyway, asked the question: how many wins did Harry Judd achieve (highest Tour winner). Does anyone know?

Happy for everyone to win once but also want Louis to become ALLTIME Highest Tour Winner - and wondered if this was achieveable.
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Think for the best dancer to win again the producers are going to have to seriously reconsider their editing, like Denise was edited as if she had no personality at all....thus why her votes were fewer. :rolleyes:

Feel like complaining that the way they edit people isn't fair...it's BBCs typical business like way of being and is very strange tbh. Glenn and Andrea are the reason why Denise didn't win on tour because although she had great judges marks was shown in a bad light in training vts. :(

I am not saying Louis shouldn't have won the tour....I am saying that a fairer idea would have been a 50:50 ratio of denise and Louis splitting the tour wins between them. The executive producers didn't allow it to happen though. :(

I didn't see ANY negative edit for Denise. She just didn't capture the public's vote on the show. Louis did week-after-week and he continues to capture the public vote on the tour.

Really glad Denise won a show, hope she gets a second win in London - but it will be because of James' fun-and-games not because of a sudden surge of support for Denise imho.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    Louis tweeting that he wants Phil to win at least once, saying everyone should win (so I assume they are expecting Michael to win at least once in Sheffiled).

Anyway, asked the question: how many wins did Harry Judd achieve (highest Tour winner). Does anyone know?

Happy for everyone to win once but also want Louis to become ALLTIME Highest Tour Winner - and wondered if this was achieveable.

Harry got 30 and the most Louis can get is 29 now so he won't overtake Harry BUT Harry had 10 more shows to win that 30 in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

Hi - I havent posted in this thread before so here goes! I have to disagree with your comments about the editing being the reason why Denise has not won the public votes on tour. I went to the show last night and I actually thought Denise's VT was fine. She paid James lots of compliments and they came across as having great chemistry. It was very different to Louis simply because he won and they played on his cheekiness which was nice. But is was by no means unfair to Denise.

Unfortunately, the chemistry between Denise and James does not come over in their dancing. Although they are technically very good, it feels rather like they go through the motions of a stage show but with no depth of feeling. And tbh although they are good routines, they do not come across as not 'wow' (at least not to me they did not). Their dances do not tell a story and you wonder at the end of them what they were about. On the other hand, both of Louis' dances tell a clear story and they are both of love and passion. There is great intimacy between him and Ola, as there was with him and Flavia, so you immediately connect with them. I know I am biased as I absolutely love Louis, but seeing it live I can honestly say that his and Ola's routines stood out from the rest and I think this is why they have won so many shows. It is not that Denise has no personality - she does and plenty of it - it is just that it is like watching two completely different categories of dance - Denise and James (and the other dancers) are a-typical stage performers whilst Louis and Ola stand out as 'show stoppers'.

To say the wins should be split 50/50 is simply not the issue - the wins are based on what the audience enjoy - not what the 'producers' want. My friend voted for Phil and Fern as she felt that on dancing knowledge pre Strictly - Fern had one of the biggest hurdles to climb and had performed well, but that on entertainment value Phil was fantastic. That's what the live show is about - how each performer makes you feel.
    Forum Member
    The producers should fix it however for the best dancers instead who makes good tv in my books. It's almost bb style of producing. Have to concede that BBC are a business and can do whatever the hell they like. Then again a brand new set of judges may shake it up too as they are an even bigger manipulator on how we vote. We at the end of the day are the people who pay to vote for the celebrities. Bet you some of the voting was planned for the tour on Facebook and twitter. Yeah thought so, so that the public could annoy the judges. It's those two networks that make scd a farce at times. I'm not saying for the BBC to boot out Glenn and Andrea but they do need to reconsider the way they work and work for us a bit more rather than the people above them if it makes sense. It has felt a bit like BBBOTS with the attitude we have had towards Denise, and I do respect that a lot of scd viewers have strong opinions of which is fine as long as we are tactful about it. :cool:

Like I said before I would like it this season coming up if it was more scripted for the best dancer to win rather than who has the best personality. After all it should be a dancing competition as opposed to an entertainment show. Then again I can attribute some of us who post on here as people who also vote in the x factor. That to me ruins the show as it feels like a hijack in my eyes. Was reading something about on another thread that people vote on scd at the same time that they do their Xmas shopping. :)

This to me says it all. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I agree that there is an element of manipulation - they obviously chose people for the show who they think will make great ratings. That is just good sense though. No one would watch strictly if there weren't well known faces - thats the whole point. There are other talent comps for people who are really good dancers and a pro business too!

Strictly is about revealing personalities, ambition, character, emotion. Or at least that's what I watch it for! I can't speak for others who also watch x-factor - I used to love x-factor for the same reasons I love Strictly - getting to know people and seeing their progress. Have not watched x-factor this year as it got a bit boring for me. But I don't see anything wrong with people watching both or voting while out - it was Christmas after all:)

Re the best dancer winning - I think he did :D:D You cannot seperate dancing from personality - the two are inextricably linked (as Craig so very often pointed out). You can be a great dancer/ singer or whatever, but without that little extra something, you blend into the background. I have re-watched so many of Louis's dances because they are so emotive. He is emotive. I have not done the same with the others because neither their dances or personality have the same impact on me.

Sometimes your favourite doesn't win and its hard to take. But that doesn't mean the voting system is rigged. It just means not enough people felt the same way.
    Forum Member
    t00tles wrote: »
    I agree that there is an element of manipulation - they obviously chose people for the show who they think will make great ratings. That is just good sense though. No one would watch strictly if there weren't well known faces - thats the whole point. There are other talent comps for people who are really good dancers and a pro business too!

Strictly is about revealing personalities, ambition, character, emotion. Or at least that's what I watch it for! I can't speak for others who also watch x-factor - I used to love x-factor for the same reasons I love Strictly - getting to know people and seeing their progress. Have not watched x-factor this year as it got a bit boring for me. But I don't see anything wrong with people watching both or voting while out - it was Christmas after all:)

Re the best dancer winning - I think he did :D:D You cannot seperate dancing from personality - the two are inextricably linked (as Craig so very often pointed out). You can be a great dancer/ singer or whatever, but without that little extra something, you blend into the background. I have re-watched so many of Louis's dances because they are so emotive. He is emotive. I have not done the same with the others because neither their dances or personality have the same impact on me.

Sometimes your favourite doesn't win and its hard to take. But that doesn't mean the voting system is rigged. It just means not enough people felt the same way.

Just wish that mark linsey who is creative head of entertainment didn't go down the same road as Richard Desmond who is boss of channel 5 and think more down financial lines rather than being ethical. It bemuses me totally sometimes that BBC sometimes think about the revenue to the extent they do. By the way according to the Wikipedia site the average score of Denise through the main series was 35.1 from the judges wheras Louis was 33.4 I think. Maybe Denise was overscored in that case however my mum who's ardently interested seems to suggest that Denise on occasions was undermarked. :(

Just feels to me that Facebook and twitter that people are very sneaky when it comes down to putting a celeb down and they do it with precision. This is why Denise didn't win the tour down to the social media bitching about her. The press was equally as unkind saying that she danced beforehand. If anything get rid of the press, the social media sites and you have a different outcome. :)
  • daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    I really find some these posts amusing! Not too long ago, Louis was proported on this forum to have no personality whatsoever. Now I'm seeing moaning that the best dancer should have won, not the one who was most entertaining or the one with the best personality. Well, Louis won, so which is it? Does he have personality or doesn't he? :confused:
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member

The producers should fix it however for the best dancers instead who makes good tv in my books. It's almost bb style of producing. Have to concede that BBC are a business and can do whatever the hell they like. Then again a brand new set of judges may shake it up too as they are an even bigger manipulator on how we vote. We at the end of the day are the people who pay to vote for the celebrities. Bet you some of the voting was planned for the tour on Facebook and twitter. Yeah thought so, so that the public could annoy the judges. It's those two networks that make scd a farce at times. I'm not saying for the BBC to boot out Glenn and Andrea but they do need to reconsider the way they work and work for us a bit more rather than the people above them if it makes sense. It has felt a bit like BBBOTS with the attitude we have had towards Denise, and I do respect that a lot of scd viewers have strong opinions of which is fine as long as we are tactful about it. :cool:

Like I said before I would like it this season coming up if it was more scripted for the best dancer to win rather than who has the best personality. After all it should be a dancing competition as opposed to an entertainment show. Then again I can attribute some of us who post on here as people who also vote in the x factor. That to me ruins the show as it feels like a hijack in my eyes. Was reading something about on another thread that people vote on scd at the same time that they do their Xmas shopping. :)

This to me says it all. :rolleyes:

What is it you think the producers should be doing for Denise? Her VT on tour is perfectly fine showing a really good fun relationship with James, whereas Louis' could in fact turn people off him as it makes out he's a big head who carries around his Glitterball trophy :D ... She has two of her best dances in Jive and Charleston which both go down a treat on tour as they are very crowd pleasing, and she gets perfect scores of 60/60 almost every show!!
    Louis has a Rumba fusion that has never scored 30 on tour but is MUCH more crowd pleasing than a Rumba Fusion sounds on paper thanks to an amazing routine, and a Salsa which the audience love, but again 'shouldn't' be any better than Denise's Charleston or Jive.
    The night I was at the show Louis finished third on the leader board behind Denise who was top and Dani who was second..... Louis STILL won from third place simply because he has much more stage presence than ANYONE else on tour, and I guess the same could be said for him while on the TV show too as him and Flavia got so many standing ovations when others didn't.

Some people just have a charisma about them, and while you might not see it, you just need to go to one of the tour shows to see that plenty of others do. Denise isn't being held back any, or Louis promoted any.... He is winning fair and square not only through amazing routines and great dancing, but great charisma and stage presence, and he has it all in spades. :)
    Forum Member
    I really find some these posts amusing! Not too long ago, Louis was proported on this forum to have no personality whatsoever. Now I'm seeing moaning that the best dancer should have won, not the one who was most entertaining or the one with the best personality. Well, Louis won, so which is it? Does he have personality or doesn't he? :confused:

That's not the point at all. The point I am making is that people are basically putting the voting towards people who are good for a beginner sorta thing rather than technical ability. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Just concede defeat here that Louis obviously has more fans on Facebook and followers on twitter. Done and dusted now. :cool:
  • dayglodayglo Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t00tles wrote: »
    Hi - I havent posted in this thread before so here goes! I have to disagree with your comments about the editing being the reason why Denise has not won the public votes on tour. I went to the show last night and I actually thought Denise's VT was fine. She paid James lots of compliments and they came across as having great chemistry. It was very different to Louis simply because he won and they played on his cheekiness which was nice. But is was by no means unfair to Denise.

Unfortunately, the chemistry between Denise and James does not come over in their dancing. Although they are technically very good, it feels rather like they go through the motions of a stage show but with no depth of feeling. And tbh although they are good routines, they do not come across as not 'wow' (at least not to me they did not). Their dances do not tell a story and you wonder at the end of them what they were about. On the other hand, both of Louis' dances tell a clear story and they are both of love and passion. There is great intimacy between him and Ola, as there was with him and Flavia, so you immediately connect with them. I know I am biased as I absolutely love Louis, but seeing it live I can honestly say that his and Ola's routines stood out from the rest and I think this is why they have won so many shows. It is not that Denise has no personality - she does and plenty of it - it is just that it is like watching two completely different categories of dance - Denise and James (and the other dancers) are a-typical stage performers whilst Louis and Ola stand out as 'show stoppers'.

To say the wins should be split 50/50 is simply not the issue - the wins are based on what the audience enjoy - not what the 'producers' want. My friend voted for Phil and Fern as she felt that on dancing knowledge pre Strictly - Fern had one of the biggest hurdles to climb and had performed well, but that on entertainment value Phil was fantastic. That's what the live show is about - how each performer makes you feel.

I agree with this. I was there yesterday afternoon and I thought that Louis and Ola were fabulous although I have not been the greatest fan of his through the series. Denise was very good but there was no emotion in their dancing.

I tried to vote for Michael because I loved his American Smooth and thought it one of the best dances of the afternoon, but my phone just told me I had no reception in the arena !!! And who am I with ? 02 of course. !!!! As soon as we came out of the arena a text that I had tried to send to my daughter went through.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Just concede defeat here that Louis obviously has more fans on Facebook and followers on twitter. Done and dusted now. :cool:

Lol, I don't think it has anything to do with Twitter or Facebook either. I just don't think you realise how popular OR how good Louis actually is. ;)
    Forum Member
    That's not the point at all. The point I am making is that people are basically putting the voting towards people who are good for a beginner sorta thing rather than technical ability. :cool:

That's what professional dance shows and competitions are for. Strictly Come Dancing is a dance competition but it's also an entertainment show. Which is way there are celebrities from all walks of life taking part on it. The audience by and large, loves a journey. And in the end Louis as the non stage schooler had the biggest journey. Also in the final he was the only one to match Denise on technical ability, imo. So there you have it, the winner was the one with the best combination of journey, performance, connection with partner and audience, and technical ability.
    Forum Member

Maybe you need to check your facts before you post. Not sure about Facebook, but last time I looked Denise had more than double the number of twitter followers vs Louis. :cool: