The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Greek lot are getting my thumbs up, Koza Mostra is a Grecian Zdob și Zdub with a bit of Inculto mixed in (but the main singer - not the bazooki player! - is hawt)

There's a nice bit of ethnic wailing from Georgina on Angel, looks like she may have the most impressive puppies of 2013 so far...

They are keeping the Nina Zilli vibe alive with Thomai Apergi and it's pretty awesome too - if she can pull it off live.

The only one that's not doing it for me is Chilies kai mia nichtes ... bit dull
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    If you put a gun to my head I'd pick One Last Kiss but what a poor selection of songs.
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Well we won't be going back to Greece in 2014...which I think they will be happy about :p

Oops - I know how contejas feels now :o
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love One Last Kiss.Would be fab if they sent it to Malmo, but I reckon the alcoholics have it in the bag. I can live with that one too.

I'll bet anything contejas will go big on Kosa Mostra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Alcohol is Free has seven people on stage *pedant*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Alcohol is Free has seven people on stage *pedant*

Lose one of the kilted ones, the old guy is awesome!
    Forum Member
    One Last Kiss is really good. A bit of a Greek take on Nina Zilli, I guess? Hilies Kai is pretty good too. Think it'll be between One Last Kiss and Alcohol Is Free.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »

You're not that bad :p

Listening again I think I was too harsh on One Last Kiss, but I stand by what I said about the rest of them!
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Finnish running order:

Arion – Lost
    Elina Orkoneva – He’s Not My Man
    Lucy Was Driving – Dancing All Around the Universe
    Krista Siegfrids – Marry Me
    Last Panda – Saturday Night Forever
    Mikael Saari – We Should Be Through
    Great Wide North – Flags
    Diandra – Colliding Into You

50% jury 50% televote and no Superfinal
    I'm not sure if that's the official running order actually, as it's not on YLE's site yet, but if it is it smacks a bit of Christer Björkman (placing Diandra last)... :rolleyes:

Heard just one of the Greek songs but loving it already: Aggeliki Iliadi - Chilies kai mia nichtes - such lovely mystic oriental-sounding ballad! If the rest are as good it sure makes a change from the Spanish ones, all just a mediocre blur...
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one with dark hair in Sirkus Eliassen is quite fit....maybe i've watched the video too many times
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    The one with dark hair in Sirkus Eliassen is quite fit....maybe i've watched the video too many times

Here's a video for you (and Jaco) ... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMv-GQYDdmU
    Forum Member

Aww -- it's fun being here...

Yup "Alcohol is free" is my fave...even though they are an ersatz Zdob si Zdub....

I don't mind one last kiss either...

Although my favourite line is "I recognise the car wrecked in my garden" ... oh dear someone needs to get waxed...:p:D

EDIT: I'm watching Moldova 2005 -- one of my fave songs of that decade...I love it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXJB92mJlc
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, heard the rest of Greek songs and they're not a patch on Chilies kai mia nichtes - it's Aggeliki Iliadi all the way! They have to pick that. :cool:
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Song 4 just gets on my tits. I cannot be doing with that style of music.

Song 1 is actually my favourite. Very disappointing.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member

Rybak and Dima -- hmmm think I'll give that one a miss...:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    The Greek lot are getting my thumbs up, Koza Mostra is a Grecian Zdob și Zdub with a bit of Inculto mixed in (but the main singer - not the bazooki player! - is hawt)

There's a nice bit of ethnic wailing from Georgina on Angel, looks like she may have the most impressive puppies of 2013 so far...

They are keeping the Nina Zilli vibe alive with Thomai Apergi and it's pretty awesome too - if she can pull it off live.

The only one that's not doing it for me is Chilies kai mia nichtes ... bit dull

I agree, Greece has an excellent selection this year (love One Last Kiss especially).

And full marks to them for picking songs that actually sound Greek instead of going with the same generic Ibiza dance or pop rubbish that everyone else insists on trying to send!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Son Kez is brutal. I don't have faith in the Irish public's taste though so we'll probably see it in Malmo:o

Kiss Me There is a terrible title for a song:o

You just know Zoe Alexis' song will be very "Pussycat Dolls" like while Aimee will have a classy ballad.

Only Love Survives sounds like it will be a bland mid-tempo number.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Last Kiss would be great for Greece...it wouldn't be a typical entry for them at all. It sounds very Nina Zilli/Imelda May too. Speaking of which, I wish we could send Imelda May to eurovision!
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    http://www.esctoday.com/44468/united-kingdom-big-love-for-blue-in-russia/

"British boyband Blue are to headline the Big Love Show in Russia this coming February.

Blue will perform at the Ice Palace, Saint Petersburg on 13th February and at the Olympic Hall, Moscow, the following evening.
    Joining Blue on stage will be two-time Russian representative, Dima Bilan, and UK X Factor 2011 contestant, Amelia Lily."

Hello....
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knew someone would post that lol
    Forum Member
    Amelia being involved won't mean much, surely?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's amelia Lilly doing in russia
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Amelia being involved won't mean much, surely?

Her songwriters/producers want to do ESC yet have argued with the BBC over radio 1 airplay. Scott plays her all the bleedin time so they'd have no problems trying with her.

This is what Female First said

So, you’ve got the album coming up soon, but what else is in store for you this year?

I’m hoping to do my own tour at the end of the year, depending on how the album does, so fingers crossed. I’m going to Europe in February, I’m doing stuff in Russia, it’s pretty exciting! I’m going to be travelling a lot of the world this year so I’m just enjoying every minute of it and hoping that my music does well.

Other ESC acts taking part yet not mentioned
    SEREBRO
    Yulia Savicheva

Apart from Blue, Amellia, Dan Balan and Ola all acts are Russian or Ukranian
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just cannot get used to the new esctoday site. It looks like oikotimes. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I just cannot get used to the new esctoday site. It looks like oikotimes. :(

It also takes ages to load if more than about 2 or 3 people try and access the site at the same time - I've pretty much given up using it now.

Besides, between penguinperson, escxtra and escinsight, I think I get most of the important news anyway... ;)
This discussion has been closed.