David cameron
    Nik Clegg
    George Osbourn
    Ed balls
    Ian Duncan Smith as Stripe.:D
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should remake films older than 40 years grr! They are only doing it so they can flood the shops with cute merchandise
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like most people on here i cherish this movie & have seen it quite a few times,always fun & a good christmas movie.
    it just shouldn't be remade,if you have the gremlins liscence then do a 3rd movie rather than do a remake..please
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    Staring
    David cameron
    Nik Clegg
    George Osbourn
    Ed balls

Good one! Should your version be made, hopefully Ed Balls the Gremlin will be the one that gets cooked in the microwave. :D
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont get the hate that reboots/remakes get - if you dont like them - dont watch.

We often prefer the films we grew up with - even if they were remakes (which some are). We feel that the one made in our era is the definitive version (for example - John Carpenters "The Thing" is the definitive version to me - even though its a remake).

However nostalgic we feel about these movies however - the fact remains that some are dated (especially culturally) and have less relevance to today's target audiences. To young people today - the newer versions of some of the classic films we grew up with are the definitive/best versions - just as the versions we grew up with are the best/definitive versions of movies our parents grew up with.

I do agree that Hollywood has gone over the top/too soon with some reboots - but i'd say, once a movie is over 30 years old - it becomes less relevant to new audiences and is prime for a reboot/remake.