what exactly what hold does Louis have over Simon Cowell?

claireglasgowclaireglasgow Posts: 34
Forum Member
ok, i have been watching x factor since the beginning, and i cannot , for the life of me, fathom why Louis Walsh is bought back every single feckin year. all the other judges have changed, why does he get to come back every year? he is possibly the most irrelevant judge on the panel, both with regards to music and in his judgements.

i know him and cowell are pals, but does he have some sort of blackmail hold over him? WHY? it is the only reason i can think of he is allowed back. he's already crowing over the fact he's got next years seat on the panel sown up.

Comments

• rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He knows where the bodies are hidden or if the rumours are true about simon, he has found that other little black book of boys.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Probably because he is a good judge. For the life of me I can't figure out why Barlow came back this year. Maybe HE knows where the bodies are kept :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondered this often as well to be honest, i honestly think it's because once x factor is done, Louis will be retired, he is not likely to see much more work in his lifetime maybe?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    He knows where the bodies are hidden or if the rumours are true about simon, he has found that other little black book of boys.

Basically this. He's known Simon a long time and has him over a barrel, he's the only person who can insult Simon and seemingly get away with it as well.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically this. He's known Simon a long time and has him over a barrel, he's the only person who can insult Simon and seemingly get away with it as well.

Would you care to rephrase that Voddy?? :D
  • claireglasgowclaireglasgow Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    but he's NOT a good judge. thats exactly my point. my 3 year old would be a better a judge than him. last year neary pushed me over the edge with jonny robinson and kitty being put through. i swore id enever watch it again until he's ejected, but i have, cos im sad and have no life.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like Louis. He is my favourite judge. He's quite feisty while always keeping everything light hearted and tongue in cheek. He knows he's really considered to be 'head judge' but is happy to pretend that Gary has that chair.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the hold Louis has over Simon, it has to be the other way around as Louis seems to do whatever he is told including adding joke acts to his category. Wouldn't be at all surprised if that was written into his contract & if Nicole also has this included!:D
  • claireglasgowclaireglasgow Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    well obviously they are told to include acts like rylan etc. cos it makes good tv, and cowell is only about good tv, not music or owt else. louis must just be happy ANYONE is giving him a job, so he plays along.

i swear, if they ever bring back sharon osbourne , i will put my head through the tv. i'll be forced to watch strictly instead..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis was actually a good judge in the old Popstars days. He was heaps better than Pete Waterman who he made to look quite foolish and out of touch - and of course Louis won that year. People say he's only ever won with Shayne Ward but, although it was called something else it was essentially the same show, he won with Girls Aloud too.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i swear, if they ever bring back sharon osbourne , i will put my head through the tv. i'll be forced to watch strictly instead..

I wouldn't want to put my head through the TV as that would hurt plus I can't afford a new TV; :D;), but if Sharon was brought back my loyalty to XF would be crushed. Ghastly plasticated woman who has no value at all.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Louis was actually a good judge in the old Popstars days. He was heaps better than Pete Waterman who he made to look quite foolish and out of touch - and of course Louis won that year. People say he's only ever won with Shayne Ward but, although it was called something else it was essentially the same show, he won with Girls Aloud too.

And he came a very close second with JLS.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it bewildering that anyone actually buys into the which judge is going to "win" thing.... it's just completely fake and lame. It ballses up the voting too.... with judges voting to keep their own act in no matter how manifestly shite they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    And he came a very close second with JLS.

Well, yes. Like G4 they were the biggest act of their year. It's not all about winning.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because there's nobody else quite like Louis!

Tbh I think the time has come for him to go. The whole show needs a revamp and good as he has been, getting rid of him would help to move things forward.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Would you care to rephrase that Voddy?? :D

Lol! I didn't realise how that sounded when I typed it:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See i actually like Louis. I'm not going to argue that he's relevant or his comments are insightful because they're really not. But he's a damn laugh. Even if you are laughing at him. The fact that he's the longest standing judge makes it even funnier! Just take Louis with a pinch of salt. We'll never be rid of him and I've grown to accept and even like that. :p
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    I find it bewildering that anyone actually buys into the which judge is going to "win" thing.... it's just completely fake and lame. It ballses up the voting too.... with judges voting to keep their own act in no matter how manifestly shite they are.

Yes I agree, most sane people wouldn't vote for an act they disliked just to help a particular judge win or lose. What a waste of money anyway! I think that so called competition between the judges is an illusion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Basically this, though in practice I always imagined the roles reversed.
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok, i have been watching x factor since the beginning, and i cannot , for the life of me, fathom why Louis Walsh is bought back every single feckin year. all the other judges have changed, why does he get to come back every year? he is possibly the most irrelevant judge on the panel, both with regards to music and in his judgements.

i know him and cowell are pals, but does he have some sort of blackmail hold over him? WHY? it is the only reason i can think of he is allowed back. he's already crowing over the fact he's got next years seat on the panel sown up.

his little black book
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but he's NOT a good judge.
    He's no worse than anyone else is (or has been in the past.) I like Louis.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis is just part and parcel of xfactor. He annoys the hell out of me but he's also funny with his tintin hair, seal clap and turtle necks. He's like an annoying little leprechaun that you'd probably miss when it was gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They knew each other in 'Frisco back in the days, the days before Max Clifford went on the payroll in an effort to heterosexualise Simon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's getting like dear old Brucie now. Definitely time for him to go. I agree though, he must have some serious dirt on Simon! :eek:
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but he's NOT a good judge. thats exactly my point. my 3 year old would be a better a judge than him. last year neary pushed me over the edge with jonny robinson and kitty being put through. i swore id enever watch it again until he's ejected, but i have, cos im sad and have no life.

yeah, because look how long acts that Gary put trough lasted. yeah, 3 weeks lol. Louis saw that Carolyn wouldn't last so he didn't put her through and she was the first to go this year. may be he knows something?
    I don't like that this year he is clearly more interested in other acts than his own but at least he is sincere.