Hurts new song "The Road"

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
Forum Member
I've been so looking forward to Hurts' comeback single for a while now (it seems like an age since Happiness), and they finally premiered their latest- The Road- today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCzJ_p8uaQ

I'm not disappointed! It's got a kind of Depeche Mode feel to it, and I'm glad to see they haven't sacrificed their penchant for a massive chorus or six.

Wouldn't sound out of place at all on Radio 1's playlist- hope they get behind it!

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't of the same quality as "Better Than Love" unfortunately.
  • qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Fantastic :) Love these guys
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just pre-ordered their new album. Love these guys!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    haven't seen them live yet, definitely on my to do list!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    they're amazing live, make sure you do!
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roll on Thursday! ;):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    although I hated the album (with the exception of Wonderful Life of course), Better Than Love grew to be something of a guilty pleasure.

Not bowled over by The Road tbh, though I do quite like Miracle, I dunno if that's a new song, I've not heard it before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNa91pCQ2zo
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Miracle is going to be their first single from the new album.

Here's the official video and they're appearing on Jonathan Ross on Saturday night. Can't wait!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a456086/hurts-unveil-miracle-music-video-watch.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    The Road sounds amazing, not keen on Miracle yet.

I'd say my favourite song of theres is Devotion.
    Forum Member
    I reckon Miracle will be a real grower as long as they get enough airplay for it. I think it's one which sticks in your mind when you've heard it a few times - but then I'm biased.:D

I must admit I love Devotion - both the version with Kylie and the stripped back version from the Deluxe Happiness version. Stay is my favourite of all as the words have a special meaning. A holiday romance and the feelings involved at parting every time. Thank god he moved over here eventually.:D
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only found out about these guys recently about a couple of months ago! Absolutley love them can't believe they're not as big as some of th trash out there totally amazing songs!
    Absolutley LOVE Devotion soo addicted to it :D

Love Miracle too looking forward to the new album :)
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love their first album and saw them live a couple of years ago - fantastic gig!

Can't wait to hear their new album. :D
    Forum Member
    We saw them supporting Scissor Sisters and ended up enjoying them more than the act we'd actually gone to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I am so glad to see a HURTS thread. They are amazing! Devotion is such an amazing song and brings out saw many emotions.

I was a little disappointed by The Road AND Miracle. It just doesn't seem up to the standard of their previous album but hopefully I will be proved wrong!
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw them at Heaven last night, terrific. Anyone else?
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Happiness and personally I don't think it will be bettered, but I have pre-ordered the album and am incredibly excited, I'm seeing them on 2nd April so have a few weeks to learn the words.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Happiness and don't think any new album by them will beat it. Devotion, Stay and Silver Lining are my favourites by far. But the line at the end of Unspoken 'so just let me go, I won't change my mind, I'd rather be lonely than be by your side' gives me chills.

Can't wait to see what the new album brings
  • Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for Exile. Only a few days to go <3
    Forum Member
    A good review. I truly wish the UK could appreciate just how good they are like it says in the article, but I think without the support of the radio stations here it's never going to happen.:(

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/albumreviews/a464335/hurts-exile-album-review.html
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    A criminally overlooked band here in the UK but at least they are very much appreciated overseas. Happiness is one of my favourite ever albums by a debuting act, so over the top and epic. If Gary Barlow had been lucky enough to write a song as epic as Stay for Take That it would have been #1 for about 3 months! The perfect pop song. Love The Road and Miracle so far. Will investigate further.

Ps they are amazing live as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MRqQHD_kM&list=UUfcp9irZM4H1ISMjnK_auMA&index=7
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Good band, great album. The UK radio/music TV network is a totally corrupt monopoly and an absolute shame.
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    A criminally overlooked band here in the UK but at least they are very much appreciated overseas. Happiness is one of my favourite ever albums by a debuting act, so over the top and epic. If Gary Barlow had been lucky enough to write a song as epic as Stay for Take That it would have been #1 for about 3 months! The perfect pop song. Love The Road and Miracle so far. Will investigate further.

Ps they are amazing live as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MRqQHD_kM&list=UUfcp9irZM4H1ISMjnK_auMA&index=7

I know. I've seen them support Scissor Sisters and at Somerset House and was blown away.

I've seen Take That four times since they re-formed and they and Hurts are the best two bands I've seen live. I know TT have their detractors, but until you've seen them live you don't realise how professional they are. They may not play instruments throughout all of their concerts (they usually do a few numbers) and the remainder of them time their band play. They certainly don't mime like some people suggest.

My two favourite love songs are Stay and Rule the World. Two epic songs :D

BTW, you mentioning Gary Barlow - he's a fan and tweeted how great he thinks Hurts are on the night they were on JR.
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exile is a wonderful album, definitely a grower. Only one I'm unsure of is the crow. Blind, Guilt and Exile are amazing and I urge you to check them out if you haven't already!!!