Taylor Swift Vs Adele

Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
Forum Member
✭✭
I thought it best it be contained away from specific threads regarding either so bitch away ;):p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been done before, why not bring the old thread to life instead :confused:

And how can you even start to compare them, they are at different ends of the music spectrum.. Totally crazy if you ask me. But if this thread keeps the adele stans out of the regular taylor swift threads then I am all for it:p
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been done before, why not bring the old thread to life instead :confused:

And how can you even start to compare them, they are at different ends of the music spectrum.. Totally crazy if you ask me. But if this thread keeps the adele stans out of the regular taylor swift threads then I am all for it:p

I wan't aware but a new one is fine :)

And that was my thinking anyone with any petty greivences or disputes can come compare bitch and even found some common ground :D if only.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, this has been done to death now.:yawn: ironically, the same two names keep cropping up on these threads.:sleep:
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a way of keeping your darling Adele 'relevant' seeing that Taylor is huge at the moment? :eek: :p
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor Swift >>>>>> Adele
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My one and only contribution to this thread. Yawn :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Is this a way of keeping your darling Adele 'relevant' seeing that Taylor is huge at the moment? :eek: :p

Haha no im a rirty im a fan of both more Adele though i just thought it'd be a good idea to remove the stans from threads in relation to both to keep them in context but i see people would rather bemoan and bitch about this thread too so u can't win :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele but its closer than many people on this forum give Taylor credit for.
  • robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »

adele has sold 8.5 million albums this year, how many has taylor swift sold :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I wan't aware but a new one is fine :)

And that was my thinking anyone with any petty greivences or disputes can come compare bitch and even found some common ground :D if only.

However much you spin it there is no common ground between taylor and adele (or their fans), you could not find two artists that are more different in every aspect ;)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Taylor is a professional beard. The few straight guys she does date is only for song writing purposes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I thought it best it be contained away from specific threads regarding either so bitch away ;):p
    I'm not sure you will succeed, as I'm not sure the thread adresses what I see as underlying reason. I can't speak for everyone, but I have no need to compare Taylor and Adele. Nor do I have desire to bash Taylor (and I don't think I ever did it). Not my type of music so I don't really have much interest in her. It doesn't mean I have a need to criticize her. But I might feel tempted under certain circumstances. ;)

I'm basically reacting to some people belittling, ok, call it as it is, bashing, Adele. If they stop, perhaps the "discussions" will stop.

Of course, statements type "Taylor is the greatest star in the world" also make me react, but probably they wouldn't if the same people who say it (bow to... you know who you are;)) would leave Adele alone. I'm a stan, you know. :D Still, probably there is will reactions considering that many think that the statement is delusional.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did the Taylor v Adele comparisons come about on here? I find it odd that they are compared, when they're completely different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    How did the Taylor v Adele comparisons come about on here? I find it odd that they are compared, when they're completely different.

I'm not sure as to how but in tems of context both are firmly steeped in failed relationship= new album :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jealous Adele stans started the comparisons many moons ago;)

Your right, its a crazy comparison, you would get a better match comparing adele to say the muppets like than to taylor swift.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jealous Adele stans started the comparisons many moons ago;)

Your right, its a crazy comparison, you would get a better match comparing adele to say the muppets like than to taylor swift.

you started the comparisons, not adele fans and you got more and more bitter as adeles success eclipsed taylor swifts
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder where Tyler will be on next years under 30s rich list. She topped it this year and everyone was expecting Gaga to top it next year but now I think Tyler has probably locked down the title again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder where Tyler will be on next years under 30s rich list. She topped it this year and everyone was expecting Gaga to top it next year but now I think Tyler has probably locked down the title again.

With a massive world tour coming up guess taylor will walk it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a massive world tour coming up guess taylor will walk it.

Depends Gaga has a new album and will possibly tour again as wll as what sha has made touring this year but her status is slipping so who can say ?
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No contest. Adele has a far superior voice.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not worried who sold what amount of records, generally I prefer Adele, probably because for me, her music is sort of more grown up.
    I love Taylor's safe & sound track though, and to be fair I haven't listened to her latest album, so there could be some good tracks on there that I will like.
    Wasn't really into Adele until her 21 album, which I loved every track & bought her 19 album on the strength of this, but for me 19 was not as good as 21.
    Really don 't get why fans are so nasty about other artists, there is plenty of room in this world for all sorts of music.
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,153
    Forum Member
    robo2 wrote: »
    adele has sold 8.5 million albums this year, how many has taylor swift sold :rolleyes:

You youngsters are obsessed with sales figures as if they're some kind of indicator of quality.
    However much you spin it there is no common ground between taylor and adele (or their fans), you could not find two artists that are more different in every aspect ;)

Really? What about, erm, Donald Fagen and Electro Hippies, for example?

As far as I can tell this is the post that started it: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47766044&postcount=13
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I'm not a massive Adele fan but I prefer her to Taylor Swift.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afcbfan wrote: »
    You youngsters are obsessed with sales figures as if they're some kind of indicator of quality.

Really? What about, erm, Donald Fagen and Electro Hippies, for example?

As far as I can tell this is the post that started it: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=47766044&postcount=13

that sales figure was used in response to someone claiming adele was irrelevant, sales figures indicate relevance, i agree with you that they dont indicate quality as taylors turgid country shite with inane and childish lyrics has sold over 20 million ;)
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What specifically are we being asked to judge them on?