Heidi Montag's music

cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
Forum Member
Reading the threads about Ashley Tisdale and Lindsay Lohan got me thinking. Anyone here listened to any of Heidi Montag's music? I don't know much about her but I think she was on that MTV show The Hills a while back.

She's not a great singer but her songs are so damn catchy! I liked quite a few of them:

Look How I'm Doin'
Touch Me (this was an unreleased song)
Blackout
Body Language
Superficial
Fanatic
Party's Wherever I Am
One More Drink
Overdosin'

Her stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine :o Anyone else here a fan of her music?

Comments

• LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I urge you to see a doctor.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I urge you to see a doctor.

Why?? I know she's a crap singer but some of her songs are just so damn catchy I can't help but listen to them! Her stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine and we're all allowed to have guilty pleasure music :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granted, she was a crap singer but nonetheless had some guilty pleasure songs. Overdosin and Blackout were fun and can qualify as guilty pleasure songs.

Higher was literally crap, along with the video.

Her "album" managed to sell just over 700 copies in its opening week. I have to say though she is better than Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton's attempt at "singing".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paris Hilton's album was actually quite good imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isuCYU4DsUI
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    :) She might not be the best vocalist but i do LOVE her Body Language song. The start of this song sounds SO much like The Saturdays If This is Love!
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chlamydia is catchy but that doesn't mean you should get it. :p:p I'm kidding obviously. I think she's shit but each to their own.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of tracks meant for and demo'd by Heidi ended up re-recorded on Lady Gaga's The Fame album. Including Just Dance.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    A lot of tracks meant for and demo'd by Heidi ended up re-recorded on Lady Gaga's The Fame album. Including Just Dance.

Heidi said the label scrapped her album and all the songs that GaGa wrote for it ended up on her album. Apparently Heidi did indeed record JD, as well as The Fame, LoveGame, Beautiful, Dirty, Rich and some others which I can't remember....

The only song that has surfaced from that album is Fashion, which also got re-recorded by GaGa. I guess that's why Heidi had to blow $2m of her own money to get new tracks...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I'll have to give the songs a try then, can't say I've ever heard anything she's ever done
    Forum Member
    :) She might not be the best vocalist but i do LOVE her Body Language song. The start of this song sounds SO much like The Saturdays If This is Love!

They use the same song sample (Situation by Yazoo).
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The only song that has surfaced from that album is Fashion, which also got re-recorded by GaGa. I guess that's why Heidi had to blow $2m of her own money to get new tracks...

Lady Gaga's version of Fashion was actually used on the Confessions of a Shopaholic soundtrack. TBH Gaga's version is much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga wrote Fashion. If I recall, the song was written for Heidi but no one wanted it. The first time Gaga's recording of Fashion was used was in an episode of Ugly Betty, not Confessions of a Shopaholic.
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Gaga wrote Fashion. If I recall, the song was written for Heidi but no one wanted it. The first time Gaga's recording of Fashion was used was in an episode of Ugly Betty, not Confessions of a Shopaholic.

I don't watch Ugly Betty so I just assumed Confessions of a Shopaholic was the first time the song was used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it surfaced in Ugly Betty and this was after Gaga became popular, so the internet was all over it. No one knew what the song was, and that was the only snippet available at the time. Heidi's version was released after Gaga's version aired on Ugly Betty.