Sell your nexus 4s can fetch a decent price

slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just sold my Nexus 4 on ebay the other day, on auction and managed to grab £200 for it, which was more than what I was expecting. Looking across on Amazon they still got 16gb N4s going for about £240-260.

Mine was in excellent condition so I made a point of it on the description. Even nexus 4s with marked, slightly cracked screens were still fetching £150+

So for anyone who has recently upgraded to an N5 or another handset and want to get some cash back, you got a good chance of getting £150+ for your old N4. Since it's no longer on the play store which was selling the 16gb model for £199, you've a chance to get more for it now, than when google did the price drop.

Not everyone wants or can pay £299 for an N5 so many will settle for an N4 for less money. Give it a try.

Comments

• konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well. Guess this is a reminder then hehe. I mean I already have a HTC One, and rather than leave the N4 and watch it drop in value thought I'd flog it see what I get. Not bad considering I paid £280 in February.

Now I'm wondering how to spend that cash. Either buy a new monitor or add a bit more to buy a Motherboard/cpu bundle and build a killer PC. Got pretty much all the other bits, aside from an SSD.

Decisions decisions!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i noticed theres people on ebay that seem to pay more for a phone.
    for example the nokia 520 is brand new for £79 but loads of them one ebay that people are bidding on that are about that price
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think I will keep mine until it stops working,
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sold my nexus 5 on eBay for more than what I paid for it after using it for a few days whilst waiting for my 32gb version to arrive. I also got £200 for my Nexus 4.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    i think I will keep mine until it stops working,

I have no plans on upgrading either, at least not at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no plans on upgrading either, at least not at the moment.

I don't see the point to be honest, the Nexus 5 don't offer much over the 4 apart from a slightly larger screen and a faster processor.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Not forgetting 4G but i guess that isn't an absolutely essential upgrade yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Not forgetting 4G but i guess that isn't an absolutely essential upgrade yet.

a waste of time here, we have not got 4G
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    a waste of time here, we have not got 4G

Not got 3G yet here! LOL
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I can't wait to get rid of my N4 and get a N5. But that is not going to be until January. I hope people have some cash left after Christmas.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    God I can't wait to get rid of my N4 and get a N5. But that is not going to be until January. I hope people have some cash left after Christmas.

N4 is fantastic , what problems do you have ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Not got 3G yet here! LOL

Oh dear that is bad.