Sky Remote Not Working and it's not the Batteries?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The sky remote has just randomly stopped working when pressing any button, changed the batteries (correctly) still doesn't work, the red light on the front doesn't light up when a button is pressed, has the remote just died, how do i get a new one:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't panic. ;)

Sometimes you have to re-programme the remote after replacing the batteries. I take it the batteries are new and haven't been lying for a while?

Remember to press the sky button too.

If all else fails, nip down to your nearest 24 hour Asda and buy a new one.

Good luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't panic. ;)

Sometimes you have to re-programme the remote after replacing the batteries. I take it the batteries are new and haven't been lying for a while?

Remember to press the sky button too.

If all else fails, nip down to your nearest 24 hour Asda and buy a new one.

Good luck.

Awww, thankyou, i haven't tried it yet but i have never had to do this before so why would it need re-programming, unless isit because i have completely drained the battery low, usually i change them after the low battery message comes up, how do i re-programme it, just press the sky button:confused:, sorry im usually quite good at this stuff but like sky remotes just confuse me to be honest:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this morning i tried the re-programming of the remote, it didnt work, the remote doesnt respond, the red light on the front no longer lights up, so what do i do now:confused:
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will2348 wrote: »
    this morning i tried the re-programming of the remote, it didnt work, the remote doesnt respond, the red light on the front no longer lights up, so what do i do now:confused:

If no red light then probably time to buy a new one - Tescos, Sainsburys, B & Q and many other places sell them.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheapest place is ebay , an example here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIP-SILVER-SKY-HD-REMOTE-SKY-HD-REMOTE-W-BATTERIES_W0QQitemZ250518733861QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_RemoteControls?hash=item3a54148425#ht_500wt_974

Its an HD so nicer feel and lighter and will work the Sky+ to and its rev 8

just think about the postal strike
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isit by any chance possible that before i used some duracell ultra battries, and now im trying to use tesco batteries:confused:, inoe its a stupid question but like could bee:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    You do have the remote working in SKY mode. press the SKY button and try again
  • MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try some more new batteries - I used Tesco ones once but they were flat straight out of the packet
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zaeon wrote: »
    You do have the remote working in SKY mode. press the SKY button and try again

The red lights will still flash even the remote is used in TV mode

Reading the op NO lights illuminate when keys are pressed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Here's some reprogramming suggestions depending on which remote you have.
    http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode.htm
  • KriskikiKriskiki Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    My method is switch it off by the plug, usually works for me.