Dereks thug friend (spoilers)

ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,932
Forum Member
The guy who played the thug who beat up Derek last week is called Ben Wigzell and he has stated on twitter he will return to ee in the New Year https://mobile.twitter.com/BenWigzell

I wonder what his connection is to Kirsty, brother perhaps?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,932
    Forum Member
    cybersq wrote: »
    Thanks!

You're welcome.

He looks really good looking actually, I hope he can also act though but who knows it could just be a one off appearance.

His showreel can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0fCxnn4rxg and there's a treat at about 1:30 :D
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks promising, the new Sean and Stacey?
    Forum Member
    Looks promising, the new Sean and Stacey?

Who knows, I mean all we've got is that comment from twitter so it could be that he makes another brief appearance in the show and may not be connected to Kirsty but I don't know why else he would go looking for Derek and Max. :confused:

I hope however he is around for a bit longer than that, I liked what I saw from that first appearance and would like to see what else Ben has to offer.
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I do too , eastenders is missing these type of characters
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gqyhKxbl7g

He's looking for Dereks scumbag brother who is hiding, so I think it a huge possibility that he guy played by Ben is Kirstys brother.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I do too , eastenders is missing these type of characters

He seems like someone who can handle themself and thats what I find intriuging. The good looks is just an added bonus. :D

I saw him first too! :p
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have hated for it to be just forgotton and used as a plot device to throw us off the scent from the eventual truth.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is kirsty's brother.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that - very interesting!!
    Forum Member
    I would have hated for it to be just forgotton and used as a plot device to throw us off the scent from the eventual truth.

Yes I think we were meant to expect the thugs to turn up at Max's, not Kirsty. So it will need to be explained why they were after Derek. Watching that clip I'm certain they were looking for Max for Kirsty, so she's either a gangster or one or more of them are her brothers.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is cute...
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Yes I think we were meant to expect the thugs to turn up at Max's, not Kirsty. So it will need to be explained why they were after Derek. Watching that clip I'm certain they were looking for Max for Kirsty, so she's either a gangster or one or more of them are her brothers.

Very plausible.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Yes I was expecting them to turn up on xmas day, so i would like to find out why they were after Max.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he isnt another sulky one. Ryan was like that, and so was Dennis, very poor excuse for acting.

What we really need is Sean back, he was actually able to be funny as well as tough. Although whenever I hear "tough" I just think of George Michael singing Wake Me Up with his little hot pants on. Sort of panto tough.
  • KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Sounds very promising. :)
  • KissesDontLieKissesDontLie Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Or will he just be another Joey..?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His CV looks good so I think he is a much better actor than David Witts...
    Forum Member
    All we know so far is that he is returning, we don't know exactly how long. It could be for just one ep.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he does end up being Kirsty's brother I wonder if that means they are going to build a new family up around her? Stephanie Beacham would be amazing as their mother!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    His CV looks good so I think he is a much better actor than David Witts...

Being a better actor than David Witts is no great achievement if we're honest
    Forum Member
    If he does end up being Kirsty's brother I wonder if that means they are going to build a new family up around her? Stephanie Beacham would be amazing as their mother!

I'm not sure Stephanie Beacham is the right person for Easties, I think she'd be far too glam for it.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I'm not sure Stephanie Beacham is the right person for Easties, I think she'd be far too glam for it.

In her Sable Colby Dynasty days i would have agreed with you however in recent years she's starred in Bad Girls and Corrie and neither role was very "glam" yet she was fantastic. She'd be a brilliant addition to the cast!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmmm looks good :) i hope he,s like sean .. bit of a bad boy but we like him
    Forum Member
    In her Sable Colby Dynasty days i would have agreed with you however in recent years she's starred in Bad Girls and Corrie and neither role was very "glam" yet she was fantastic. She'd be a brilliant addition to the cast!

I didn't see her in corrie, but her appearance in Bad Girls was very cheesey, very American Soapy and she just seems the wrong fit for Easties.