Who is getting the lifetime achievement award at the Oscars?

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know?

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Also known as the Oscar for someone popular who isn't dead yet and hasn't won an Oscar before :)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be Steven Spielberg?
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have changed the format for this of late, since the 2011 show, the Honorary Award (which is what the lifetime achievement actually is) has been given to more than one person and not awarded on the night itself (for example, James Earl Jones was given his award on stage in the west end when he was doing driving miss daisy.)

The receipts for 2012 (for this years awards) were/are Hal Needham, D.A. Pennebaker and George Stevens Jr (Jeffrey Katzenberg was given the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award.)

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/05/entertainment/la-et-mn-academy-chooses-honorary-oscar-recipients-20120905

They were presented the awards on dec 1st last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also known as the Oscar for someone popular who isn't dead yet and hasn't won an Oscar before :)

Ladies and Gentlemen.....Tom Cruise.

Maybe not this year, but I suspect that Hollywood will "reward" his career with this one and only Oscar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Maybe posthumous awards for Broccoli and Saltzman, the original Bond producers?

I think Broccoli's children still co-produce Bond even today, so they could accept on their behalf, & I think that it would be a very fitting lifetime achievement award, to coincide with the Bond 50th anniversary.

Other than for original songs, Bond The Franchis is never really likely to pick up any awards for anything else, is it?