Charlie Sheen FIRES Selma Blair From Anger Management! Refuses to Film ....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..another episode with her!

Offers Milla Kunis 10 million dollars for a 10 episode arc to replace her.

I do not watch that god awful show but Charlie Sheen is SUCH A TOOL!!

He cannot "fire" his co-worker because he had a disagreement with her! If I was the producer of that show I would fire Sheen and replace him with a likeable actor... The ratings might actually increase since its tanking so hard...

FX are undoubltfully regretting the 90 episode renewal since its tanking so hard after only 25 episodes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    You appear to have a vendetta against Sheen, so lets look at this in a bit more detail.

1) The producers knew what they were getting for when they hired him, and the other actors knew his reputation. They knew he'd pull this kind of stunt, and would be very well prepared for it. Also, Charlie Sheen is an executive producer, he probably can petition for her to be fired, and seeing as he's Charlie Sheen, they'll probably listen
    2) The way the contract worked, as long as the show's performance hit pre-set targets the shows was automatically renewed. FX didn't elect to renew it as such...
    3) Anger Management is not actually tanking that hard. Premières aren't doing spectacularly, but it repeats well for FX, and I very much doubt it's a loss leader for them. In 2 years they get enough episodes for syndication. It only needs to syndicate moderately well, and FX can probably make back any money they've lost on the premières.
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually her character is the most annoying on the program
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    charlie sheen is a giant bell end though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You appear to have a vendetta against Sheen, so lets look at this in a bit more detail.

1) The producers knew what they were getting for when they hired him, and the other actors knew his reputation. They knew he'd pull this kind of stunt, and would be very well prepared for it. Also, Charlie Sheen is an executive producer, he probably can petition for her to be fired, and seeing as he's Charlie Sheen, they'll probably listen
    2) The way the contract worked, as long as the show's performance hit pre-set targets the shows was automatically renewed. FX didn't elect to renew it as such...
    3) Anger Management is not actually tanking that hard. Premières aren't doing spectacularly, but it repeats well for FX, and I very much doubt it's a loss leader for them. In 2 years they get enough episodes for syndication. It only needs to syndicate moderately well, and FX can probably make back any money they've lost on the premières.
    I don't have a "vendetta" about him...he's just a bellend

Not very professional at all either...

and Anger Management is most certainly tanking big time...
    1) for the last two weeks it hasn't even registered in the top 100 daily rated shows on cable
    2) Fox have had to air some episodes on network tv to try and give it some promotion, which seems to have failed
    3) Episodes are now constantly rating below 1 million viewers, some going as low as .5 million...
    4) Repeats are not doing all that well either
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Isn't it Estevez productions that make the show in which case he can sack her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh I dont know who is sexier Selma Blair or Mila Kunis.
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    I don't have a "vendetta" about him...he's just a bellend

Not very professional at all either...

and Anger Management is most certainly tanking big time...
    1) for the last two weeks it hasn't even registered in the top 100 daily rated shows on cable
    2) Fox have had to air some episodes on network tv to try and give it some promotion, which seems to have failed
    3) Episodes are now constantly rating below 1 million viewers, some going as low as .5 million...
    4) Repeats are not doing all that well either

It seems to me as if you're over-exaggerating the negatives because you dislike Charlie Sheen. Fox don't produce the show, Lionsgate do. As I said the syndication based deal means FX probably aren't making a loss.

Lionsgate are probably funding their costs by international and DVD sales. With syndication figures yet to come. Maybe it hasn't set the world alight, but for something to tank big time it would have to lost a lot of money, something which Anger Management probably isn't doing.

Also no episode has gone below a .60, and looking at past ratings the shows bounces around quite a bit anyway...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me as if you're over-exaggerating the negatives because you dislike Charlie Sheen. Fox don't produce the show, Lionsgate do. As I said the syndication based deal means FX probably aren't making a loss.

Lionsgate are probably funding their costs by international and DVD sales. With syndication figures yet to come. Maybe it hasn't set the world alight, but for something to tank big time it would have to lost a lot of money, something which Anger Management probably isn't doing.

Also no episode has gone below a .60, and looking at past ratings the shows bounces around quite a bit anyway...

600k is nearly as dreadful as 500k..
    and no it hasn't bounced back at all....

The last episode got 701k ...there's no spin on it, they're awful numbers, and I said..it hasn't even been appearing in the Top 100 cable shows of the DAY.

Its had 2 special airings on Fox which got 1.6 and 1.7 million (basically the same, or less as what repeats of fox's other ha;f hour comedies are getting) ..
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had 1.71m on fox on monday, could be better, but I don't think it's that bad of a show

TVBN Ratings For Monday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    It had 1.71m on fox on monday, could be better, but I don't think it's that bad of a show

TVBN Ratings For Monday
    Yes, that was one of the special airings....it doesn't air on fox...it airs on FX.
    Notice that it was also beaten by a repeat of Raising hope
    Forum Member
    Yes, that was one of the special airings....it doesn't air on fox...it airs on FX.
    Notice that it was also beaten by a repeat of Raising hope

It's not really fair to base this off summer ratings, everything drops in the summer...

Also, stop spinning what I say, I said it bounced around not that it bounced back (you clearly have it in for the show and Sheen otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to twist that) and "600k is nearly as bad as 500k", seriously I can't believe you actually just tried to teach me how to count...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really fair to base this off summer ratings, everything drops in the summer...

Also, stop spinning what I say, I said it bounced around not that it bounced back (you clearly have it in for the show and Sheen otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to twist that) and "600k is nearly as bad as 500k", seriously I can't believe you actually just tried to teach me how to count...

First of all I misread your post...I wasn't spinning your words..
    secondly you've mentioned in every single post that I "have it in for the show and sheen"...

I said in my first reply I do not, so no need to keep saying it...
    thirdly..the reason I made this thread was because of his extremely unprofessionalism towards the situation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It first fell below 1 million in February..so
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly Anger Management is a 3- way co-production.

There are 9 Exec. Producers who can decide hiring and firing, also as a rule - actors either complete a contract or it ends suddenly with compensation.
    The clash started when Blair allegedly complained to Anger Management executives about Sheen's unprofessionalism and called him a "menace" to work with. Sheen found out about Blair's comments and, according to the report, said he fired Blair himself. He also told the show's crew that he would refuse to shoot if she showed up on the set Monday
    Read more at http://www.tvballa.com/2013/06/96218/report-charlie-sheen-feuding-selma-blair-anger-management-set#uX12pzFd2RfjRkTi.99

The show has international distribution also, which brings in revenue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »

There are 9 Exec. Producers who can decide hiring and firing, also as a rule - actors either complete a contract or it ends suddenly with compensation.

SO if Sheen refuses to film he gets no compensation...

Also they will have to shell out alot of Cash to Selma Blair for ending her conract early...as her contract was for the full 90 episodes as well as Sheen and Shawnee Smith
    Forum Member
    It first fell below 1 million in February..so

After that point it bounced back to "acceptable but still shit" ratings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Ohh I dont know who is sexier Selma Blair or Mila Kunis.

I'd absolutely annihilate Mila Kunis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd absolutely annihilate Mila Kunis.
    Ditto...

But I doubt she'd sign on for this show since its been critically panned and a ratings disaster.
    She already has like 10 films on development and family guy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..another episode with her!

Offers Milla Kunis 10 million dollars for a 10 episode arc to replace her.

I do not watch that god awful show but Charlie Sheen is SUCH A TOOL!!

He cannot "fire" his co-worker because he had a disagreement with her! If I was the producer of that show I would fire Sheen and replace him with a likeable actor... The ratings might actually increase since its tanking so hard...

FX are undoubltfully regretting the 90 episode renewal since its tanking so hard after only 25 episodes

The show is very good, it's the TV adverts etc are all geared to attract the Two and a Half Men crowd therefore the adverts make the show look more dumber than it actually is.

I'm hoping Sheen does replace Blair with Kunis as not only is Mila much much hotter, Selma Blair's character is probably the most annoying thing about the show.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she leaves I'm guessing she really wanted top leave anyway. It's just a stunt to attract viewers to the show due to failing ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kind've a win win situation for her...

She's gotten out early of a critically panned tv sitcom...and she still get's paid as per her contract.

I'd be happy with that
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, just to get this straight, Mr Sheen is trying to hire the girlfriend of the guy who replaced him on Two and a Half Men?
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, I find it a funny show but I'm not a huge fan of the "Kate" romance. Could be a positive thing. It is a shame, however, that Charlie Sheen is still self-sabotaging.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, just to get this straight, Mr Sheen is trying to hire the girlfriend of the guy who replaced him on Two and a Half Men?

Yes. I was surprised no one else had commented on that. There’s some doubt in this thread over whether Milla Kunis would accept a TV role due to her current film success, but the rumour is that the offer is for a 10 episode arc, at $1 million per episode. So, doing the maths, I would say that 10 episodes of Anger Management for $10 million is actually a much better deal than $10 million for a single film (time and effort wise). The real question is whether she can accommodate it schedule wise. And if the rumour id true of course.