Katy Perry attacks Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus

RussJRussJ Posts: 206
Forum Member
Katy Perry has had a go at Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus over their recent naked antics.

Can't say I blame her after seeing these pictures of Gaga.

Comments

• Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    She's a bit all over the place isn't she?
    She was naked in the video for California Gurlz for no reason at all, i mean yea it was just her back but it was still oh look at meee im naked teehee!
    She says in one breath its desperate and then in another that if she looked like Rihanna she would get her kit off anyway ...
    Make up your mind love!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    She didn't "Attack" Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus, she just said she doesn't like female singers getting naked all the time (she stated no names).
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Katy. She wasn't attacking them and Katy knows herself that she sometimes shows some skin, She was just meaning that artists shouldn't have to strip naked to sell records, It should be about the music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Indeed. They should show class and get their tits out at every opportunity instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Um pot....kettle
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..She is only upset because they are out-doing her in the **** stakes, make no mistake if Cyrus never "twerked" then Perry would have, they're equally as attention starved & egotisical as each other, I look forward to when they hit their late 30s and serious depression and weight gain kicks in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I look forward to when they hit their late 30s and serious depression and weight gain kicks in.

Seriously?! I can't stand any of them but that's a bloody awful thing to 'look forward' to happening in anyone's life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Didn't Jessie J do this too? Tbf, I've never actually seen either of them naked. Katy has been very close to, but weve all seen a back.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Katy but sometimes it's a bit like "huh, are you actually saying this!?" because she's attempted it too. She's in the same bracket as Gaga,Rihanna and Miley
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Katy. She wasn't attacking them and Katy knows herself that she sometimes shows some skin, She was just meaning that artists shouldn't have to strip naked to sell records, It should be about the music.

The cover of Katy's Teenage Dream album.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katy was pretty covered up on the "teenage dreams" cover, but even miley's nudity was pretty hidden behind the wrecking ball and with the camera angles in her video.:o gaga's recent display was full frontal nudity with no filter whatsoever and before someone suggests its in keeping with the theme of her song, the fact remains she didn't have to strip previously to get her artistic point across.

reading what billboard reported, i think she explains herself well and she acknowledges she is in no position to necessarily judge. she doesn't even suggest it should be all about the music either. from what i can gather, all she is suggesting is that others may want to mix things up a bit more.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She never attacked anybodyy and said herself she has playyed the sexy therefore acknowledging her own nakedness as it were.

And TBH she has a point yes she ahs dress provocatively, and been naked but in terms gaga and cyrus never to the extent they have nor as sleazy. And Alien Saxon why should she be jealous she' is out doing them in all but dropping her kit i know who'd i rather be :rolleyes:

And as for the Teenage Dream cover it's a painting by Will Cotton and really rather tasteful and beutiful she's not dry humping a wrecking ball is she :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can she say anything tbf she kissed a girl to get noticed in the first place and then started suggestive squirting cream from her breasts....
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I can see Gaga's semi-nudity is nearly always for artistic reasons and therefore quite clearly justified. The latest 'Venus' work is evoking the artistic sentiments associated with 'The Birth of Venus' and in particular how art and life melt into one. Gaga is totally justified in what she is doing. The fact that women's bodies grace so much visual art down the centuries is not a coincidence....love Gaga.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They way I read that was "it's fine to get naked occasionally, but there's no point in JUST being about sex and nudity all the time" and nowhere in there says she's attacking Gaga or Miley, especially considering she's chummy with Miley AND Rihanna (who are pretty much the two who are being naked constantly recently haha).

She also does say she's guilty of doing the same thing so she's not judging, but she doesn't think it needs to be the ONLY thing you do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    As far as I can see Gaga's semi-nudity is nearly always for artistic reasons and therefore quite clearly justified. The latest 'Venus' work is evoking the artistic sentiments associated with 'The Birth of Venus' and in particular how art and life melt into one. Gaga is totally justified in what she is doing. The fact that women's bodies grace so much visual art down the centuries is not a coincidence....love Gaga.
    "do what u want, what u want with my body" in bra and knickers. Very artistic :D. Or is it classed as 'artistic' because the underwear was so unflattering and therefore deliberately unsexy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

oh please.:rolleyes: i pre-empted such a response in my previous comment, but whichever way people want excuse her antics, the fact remains she was completely naked on a stage and she didn't have to resort to such tactics previously to promote her "art".

the only coincidence i can see objectively is that she has chosen to lose the clothes throughout this campaign so far when her music is not performing as well. hiding behind her supposed "art" is no justification whatsoever and she is no different to any other singer stripping for the shock value.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This title is so misleading she dosen't actually mention Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all idiots
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    They way I read that was "it's fine to get naked occasionally, but there's no point in JUST being about sex and nudity all the time" and nowhere in there says she's attacking Gaga or Miley, especially considering she's chummy with Miley AND Rihanna (who are pretty much the two who are being naked constantly recently haha).

She also does say she's guilty of doing the same thing so she's not judging, but she doesn't think it needs to be the ONLY thing you do.

Of all the current pop girls I prefer Katy but it is a bit odd how it's okay sometimes but not "all the time". Obviously Miley and Gaga arn't in a state of undress in all their videos or performances so where is the line drawn that it becomes too much for her?

It's comes close to saying "it's okay when I do it but when they do it's totally different". Granted Katy's more fun and poppy which may come across as more harmless even when she's naked or not wearing much but she's still very much marketed as the naughty chorus girl and the defining images of her career are various things shooting out of her ever on show mammaries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smudged wrote: »
    "do what u want, what u want with my body" in bra and knickers. Very artistic :D. Or is it classed as 'artistic' because the underwear was so unflattering and therefore deliberately unsexy?

It's essentially an erotic song, linking the way Gaga has given her body to the media, she is prepared to give herself to her lover. Explains the erotic image of herself from the back which she has used to promote the song, does it not?
    gpk wrote: »
    oh please.:rolleyes: i pre-empted such a response in my previous comment, but whichever way people want excuse her antics, the fact remains she was completely naked on a stage and she didn't have to resort to such tactics previously to promote her "art".

In other words you never actually gave any thought to the fact that the performance might this time actually be relevant to the sense of the song?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In other words you never actually gave any thought to the fact that the performance might this time actually be relevant to the sense of the song?

Gaga is wasted on most of you.

not in other words at all, like i said, i expected this predictable response and i knew people would pass off gaga's nudity as "art".:D its not about relevancy and its certainly not about her "art" being wasted on anyone. these naked displays are shock tactics pure and simple to generate interest in her latest album. when gaga strips, some people hail these naked displays as "art", but when other singers strip, its sleazy and classless. the truth is they all do it for mass attention.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's essentially an erotic song, linking the way Gaga has given her body to the media, she is prepared to give herself to her lover. Explains the erotic image of herself from the back which she has used to promote the song, does it not?
    lol, linking? Yeah OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    not in other words at all, like i said, i expected this predictable response and i knew people would pass off gaga's nudity as "art".:D its not about relevancy and its certainly not about her "art" being wasted on anyone. these naked displays are shock tactics pure and simple to generate interest in her latest album. when gaga strips, some people hail these naked displays as "art", but when other singers strip, its sleazy and classless. the truth is they all do it for mass attention.;)

The song is concerned with the public display of the body. It's difficult to see how Gaga would present it in any other way, And she makes the link with that other public space for the display of the body, the art gallery. Gaga has chosen her sources and themes well. You can't lump all these performers together in that cynical way. 'Sleaze' is too often in the eye of the beholder, anyway.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought it's a sign of a good artist that if their music is good enough they wouldn't need to add or subtract anything from it.
    Getting on stage in next to nothing or being in a video being sexually suggestive doesn't really add to my listening pleasure,in fact it detracts from it.