Premium Bonds - anyone ever win?

I have had £3,000 bonds for some time now and have neverwon anything, most winners seem to have at least £20,0000 or more worth in bonds. Is it worth having a small amount or do you know of any winners?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know how many I have, I think I must've been bought them when I was born, but it's bound to be a very small amount!

anyway, i have won 50 quid on numerous occasions - the first time was what made me realise i had premium bonds, I didn't know I had them before that!

I have a friend who won about 500 or something,I can't remember exactly how much. Not known any big winners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My gr5an did have £20,000 worth and she used to get £50 quite often. After she passed away my dad cashed them in and gave me, my sis and my mum £1000 each to buy bonds. Had them for 6 months and none of us have got anything.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baby Scott the younger has £850 worth and she has won two lots of £50 in 15 months!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon I have £250 worth, as far as I know I've won £50 once.

My aunt regulary wins £50 though but I don't know how much she has invested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    I have £500 which I bought 3 or 4 years ago. Haven't won anything. Come to think of it, I don't even know where the certificate is! Do they send you a cheque if you win?
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there must be 24 millionaires a year mustn't there? we never here of them though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know I've never won :)

Seriously, I would presume they would notify you, that is if you haven't moved address since buying them. If you do move I guess it's up to you to notify them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,019
    Forum Member
    I've got £300 worth that my parents brought me as a babe.

Had them over 35 years and never won a penny!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afx237vi wrote: »
    I have £500 which I bought 3 or 4 years ago. Haven't won anything. Come to think of it, I don't even know where the certificate is! Do they send you a cheque if you win?

They send you cheque if you have won, IF they have your current address. You've not moved recently have you? if you have, perhaps you're already a millionaire and didn't know it!

It's very exciting when you spot NS&I on the envelope. An excitement that quickly subsides when you open it and find you've only won a poxy £50! Still, better than a poke in the eye eh!
  • spangspang Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got something like £50's worth of someone when I was born. Never won a penny in 32 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    They send you cheque if you have won, IF they have your current address.

You've not moved recently have you? if you have, perhaps your already a millionaire and didn't know it!

Ha, no, same address, so unfortunately I don't think I'm a millionaire.
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've won £50 before quite a few years back. Wouldn't know if I had now, because they're still in my mother's name (even though she's never brought me up and we don't like each other) and I don't know how to 'get hold' of them again :(:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have £10 worth, bought for me when I was a baby in the 60s. I've had one £50 win on them so far - not a bad return :)