Top ten Wii games to buy at WiiU launch?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm pre ordered my ZombieU premium bundle along with super mario and epic mickey

But the rest of the launch line up is either ports that i already have or lackluster looking games to me and the two games i was most looking forward to ninja gaiden 3 razors edge and rayman legends have been delayed till early next year

So in a thread that has probably been done to death i'm like to ask people to list there top 10 Wii games that i could pick up at launch to give myself that extra bit of variety with the new console

Try to keep franchises limited to one space so that mario and zelda aren't taking up every slot ;)

Comments

• chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    DS article you might find interesting: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a438513/wii-must-play-games-to-remember-nintendos-motion-control-console-by.html

My personal top ten is probably something like (in no particular order):
    Xenoblade
    Monster Hunter Tri
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Little King's Story
    World of Goo (this is WiiWare so I'm not sure whether it is available on the WiiU eShop)
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies
    Mario Kart Wii
    Mario Galaxy (the second one is apprarently better, but I must admit to not having played it :o)
    Excite Truck
    Zack & Wiki
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Epic Mickey
    LoZ Twilight Princess, LoZ Skyward Sword
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
    House of the Dead 2&3 Return, House of the Dead Overkill
    Red Steel 2
    Goldeneye 007
    Mario Kart Wii
    Ghost Squad
    Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Okami
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    GhostBusters: The Video Game
    Madworld

Ok so there's a few more than 10 ;)
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    10 games not including any Mario or Zelda titles;

A Boy and His Blob
    Zack and Wiki
    Kirby's Adventure
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Sin and Punishment
    Goldeneye
    Xenoblade
    Metroid Prime 3
    Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than list 10, I'll give you 1. One title that if you don't have already, you should get pretty much straight away, unless there is talk of a HD port to the Wii U e-Shop.

Okami.

Okami is probably one of the greatest video games of all time. It is very dialouge heavy, but it is one of the best looking video games I have seen, and it is being remastered in HD for the PS3. Have a look at some of the YouTube clip to see for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOE7BqAErOw
    (If you can, watch in 720p HD)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions and since xenoblade is on nearly all the lists i might have to give it a look

a heard the fighting was like final fantasy 12 though and i hate everything about final fantasy 12 including the fighting

And okami i've played on the PS2 and couldn't get into it, i was leaning more towards getting it on PS3 for the move though