Grey's Anatomy Season 10 (US Pace!)

Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Greys returns on Thursday 26th September for it's tenth series!

Last season's finale saw a massive storm hit Seattle, with events picking up where the previous episode left off!

Richard went to the flooded basement and took a nasty electric shock!
Meredith and Derek finally had their baby boy Bailey!
Cristina and Owen decided that it would be for the best to split up!
Arizona cheated on a devastated Callie!
Alex and Jo finally got together!

This thread is US pace, so keep anything spoilery in tags until the episode has aired in the US! :)

Comments

• PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited... The sneak peeks look like we're in for a real treat on Thursday night. I'm probably going to fall asleep on the Friday morning school run though since the 2 hour premier means I'll be up until 5am.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey's Anatomy Facebook has put up a brief teaser on their page, and it contains what might be a HUGE spoiler!!
    Bailey sends Shane (the only male intern) to the basement to find Richard, but he isn't happy to leave the ER. He runs into Heather (Mousy) who is trying to find Derek who has paged her with an emergency call. Shane is jealous and tells Heather that Bailey wants her to get Richard ASAP, before stealing her call from Derek. Heather then goes to the basement, spots Richard on the floor, then ends up getting electrocuted herself when she rushes to help him! :eek:

I don't know how badly she is hurt, but she's the only intern NOT to be promoted to the regular cast this season, so it doesn't look great for Brooks! Whilst I know people were really against the five interns, I personally didn't think they were really that bad and in any case, four of them are seemingly here to stay, so I'm just going to go with it!

I think this could be a really big development for Shane and the other interns, because he potentially now has to live with sending his friend to her death, just because she got a better job than he did! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other sneak peek that they've posted looks amazing...
    Callie outing Arizona as a cheat in front of the rest of the board and the Baileys (the Dr and the baby are both in the room) is a great moment, although it's Cristina's face when she asks "Who's Dr Boswell?" that steals the scene for me.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally like to watch this on UK pace, but considering how S9 finished, I might just have to download the first one at least!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S10 begins tonight!

Excited for this! I start work at 7:45 though... think I'll just stay up anyway :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 4 hours to go... I can't wait!
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really excited for this. Working tomorrow though so will have to wait til I'm finished. Been waiting so long to find out what's happened after the end of last season. Will be a nice wee treat for a Friday after a long week at work :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    45 minutes until show time!
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Really excited for this. Working tomorrow though so will have to wait til I'm finished. Been waiting so long to find out what's happened after the end of last season. Will be a nice wee treat for a Friday after a long week at work :)

I am so excited it is back and of course waiting all summer to find out Richards fate was torture, great return I cried and cried some more and was on the edge of my seat at times, enjoy watching it !
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm watching now, do we know when its coming to the UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching it. A lovely treat after the week. Thought it was great. Had a feeling that would happen with Brooks just because of casting rumours before the season started. Callie and Arizona's story could be interesting this series they've seemed unbreakable the last few seasons.
    The interns seem to be getting a bit more time on screen now they're regular cast members, still not sure of them all.
    The only thing annoying me was April and Jackson, wished they would just get together or move on without going back again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a great way to open the season... The Cristina/Mer/Alex scenes were the highlight of the episode for me.

Glad that Jackson rejected April and told her how crappy she had treated him.
    Not feeling any chemistry between Alex & Jo.
    The interns need to not have as much screentime.
    Really happy that Crowen finally seem to be over, their merry-go-round ride got boring last season.
    Yay for Richard surviving.
    The scene with Arizona and Sofia was adorable, hope that Callie doesn't take the cheater back though.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I thought it was a great way to open the season... The Cristina/Mer/Alex scenes were the highlight of the episode for me.

Really happy that Crowen finally seem to be over, their merry-go-round ride got boring last season.
    The scene with Arizona and Sofia was adorable, hope that Callie doesn't take the cheater back though.

Well that about covers it for me
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greys Anatomy never fails to make me cry, anything to do with Bailey and Richard and I'm like waaaaaaaaah :(
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Oh Jackson and April!!! :cry:

Hated what Alex said about Izzie being his 'healthcare proxy' (screw you Shonda)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah really hoping for more Christina Mer and Alex scenes. Loved them in these episodes and last season.

Arizona and Sofia was great. There's something about Arizona that even though she was the one in the wrong Jessica Capshaw manages to play her in a way you still feel for her. Hope Callie doesn't take her back quickly but can't imagine them not being together in the end.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me at least, there is something missing this season, I know we've only had two episodes, but it feels empty...
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice little close up of Arizonas semi-bare feet in episode 2. Definitely not meant to be there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused by the timeline of the last 3 seasons.

Season 1 - 3 were one year, at the end of season 8/start of season 9 had been 5 years but Cali and Merediths pregnancies lasted only 2/3 of a season and Sophia is definitely at least 3 when really she should only be maybe 18 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    I'm confused by the timeline of the last 3 seasons.

Season 1 - 3 were one year, at the end of season 8/start of season 9 had been 5 years but Cali and Merediths pregnancies lasted only 2/3 of a season and Sophia is definitely at least 3 when really she should only be maybe 18 months.

The timeline of the whole show is a bit messed up... Season 9 definitely wasn't a whole year because the new interns are still interns. The last 5 episodes of season 9 (where Owen was obsessing over the kid) supposedly only covered about a week in Grey's time as the dad was said to have been unconscious for 8 days.

Shonda adjusts the timeline to fit whatever story she wants to tell. Lots of the dates in Mark's flashback episode last season didn't fit with the timeline we've been shown either and the Timewarp episode from season 6 messed up the timeline that we'd previously been given too.

There was an episode in season 9 where Callie and Arizona disagreed on how to get Sofia to put her tights on and one of them referred to her as a 2 year old then. Zola is another one who seems to be aging at a strange rate as her first birthday was in the middle of season 8 and yet at the end of season 9, which didn't even cover a year, she appears to be at least 3.

All in all, I wouldn't try and apply any sort of real or realistic timeline to Grey's as it changes to fit Shonda's plan at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The timeline of the whole show is a bit messed up... Season 9 definitely wasn't a whole year because the new interns are still interns. The last 5 episodes of season 9 (where Owen was obsessing over the kid) supposedly only covered about a week in Grey's time as the dad was said to have been unconscious for 8 days.

Shonda adjusts the timeline to fit whatever story she wants to tell. Lots of the dates in Mark's flashback episode last season didn't fit with the timeline we've been shown either and the Timewarp episode from season 6 messed up the timeline that we'd previously been given too.

There was an episode in season 9 where Callie and Arizona disagreed on how to get Sofia to put her tights on and one of them referred to her as a 2 year old then. Zola is another one who seems to be aging at a strange rate as her first birthday was in the middle of season 8 and yet at the end of season 9, which didn't even cover a year, she appears to be at least 3.

All in all, I wouldn't try and apply any sort of real or realistic timeline to Grey's as it changes to fit Shonda's plan at the time.

They've kept the same actress' to play Zola and Sofia, so I guess that's why they've aged them quicker. If Meredith has got pregnant and now given birth (even though Bailey was a few weeks early) then surely the interns must be nearly finished their intern year and will be residents very soon.
    I agree the timeline is always a bit off. At one point they did Callie's 12 week recovery in one episode and last season they jumped quite a bit ahead of the aeroplane crash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True actually seasons 7 and 9 did some big time jumps didn't they? Season 7 in particular seemed to be split into a few weeks covering the first batch of episodes, jump a month over the holidays, a few weeks, then jump 3-4 months head before the end of the season.

I am really liking the female interns I think they add freshness to the show. THe main characters have become so bogged down in the constant on/off relationships it's refreshing to see people learning again and not being friends.

I still watch the show religiously but I feel like all the drama and conflict is romance based now. I miss the issues between working relationships and friends. The main characters have essentially all been too close too long for any of them to properly fall out with each other over anything.

I think Shane is the weak link in the interns but the girls are all fantastic.
  • BassthoundBassthound Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as the timeline changing as required...has anyone noticed how they all move between home and the hospital in seconds all the time ?

What appears to have been 20 minutes in the hospital..Derek , for example , , has gone home to look after the kids , been shown at home but then back at the Hospital for a consult.

Having said that I only started watching Greys a few months ago and have caught up on all the seasons and am now up to date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bassthound wrote: »
    As well as the timeline changing as required...has anyone noticed how they all move between home and the hospital in seconds all the time ?

What appears to have been 20 minutes in the hospital..Derek , for example , , has gone home to look after the kids , been shown at home but then back at the Hospital for a consult.

Having said that I only started watching Greys a few months ago and have caught up on all the seasons and am now up to date.

Yeah, they often seem to teleport from hospital to home and back again.

2 sneak peeks for episode 3 have been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaW-wqFm2Ns&feature=c4-overview&list=UUa9Oqu1pTUfneN1k9MHI6EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axrL-hHIZmc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUa9Oqu1pTUfneN1k9MHI6EA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "If I die... tell my husband..."
    "tell him what?"
    "that I cheated on him with his brother *passes out*

ahah :')

Nice episode. Webber was cruel :(!