Now that Tamera is out of the running, who will win?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From the way she's said to have stolen another girl's boyfriend, to the way she's now been outed as a shoplifting criminal, her chances have probably been dealt a blow that I don't think she can recover from.

The voting public couldn't even stand Cher Lloyd's cocky stage persona - how are they going to back an actual real life thief? The voting public is harsher on women for that stuff, probably because there are more female voters. And if we're keeping it real, the fact that she's (half?) black and involved in crime will mean the backlash will probably be even harsher. It's not fair, but that's how people react.

I don't know how the drugs stories will hurt her chances that much, but on X Factor it helps to be squeaky clean. On top of all these other things, it probably doesn't help.

Who do you think will win instead?

Comments

• BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. "Out of the running" :D

Anyway, we Tamera fans aren't too fussed about her winning. Top 5 finish is all we want.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,210
    Forum Member
    Hardly out of the running, another stupid thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyway, we Tamera fans aren't too fussed about her winning. Top 5 finish is all we want.

I think she'll probably do alright in the charts - maybe better than the winner. But there's no way she'll win the competition after all this furore.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for the judges comments to see if any decisions have been taken regarding her future. In fact they may well carry on supporting her this week and only downgrade her and upgrade Hannah if her voting figures are significantly down.

Didn't know she'd "stolen" someone's boyfriend. Depending on the details that may hurt her more than shoplifting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Hardly out of the running, another stupid thread.

You're in dreamland if you think you can be:
    - black
    - female
    - shoplifting criminal
    - boyfriend-stealer
    - drug-user
    - violent

and still win the X-Factor. If she wins after all that, it'll be a miracle of Biblical proportions. She may get to the Top 5, may have a semi-decent career post X-Factor, but win?? No way. She's destroyed any wide appeal she might have hoped for.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait for the judges comments to see if any decisions have been taken regarding her future. In fact they may well carry on supporting her this week and only downgrade her and upgrade Hannah if her voting figures are significantly down.

Didn't know she'd "stolen" someone's boyfriend. Depending on the details that may hurt her more than shoplifting.[/QUOTE]

Please could someone tell me how you steal a boyfriend? I can understand inanimate objects but a live living breathing person. Did she kidnap him and lock him up in a basement :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're in dreamland if you think you can be:
    - black
    - female
    - shoplifting criminal
    - boyfriend-stealer
    - drug-user
    - violent

and still win the X-Factor. If she wins after all that, it'll be a miracle of Biblical proportions. She may get to the Top 5, may have a semi-decent career post X-Factor, but win?? No way. She's destroyed any wide appeal she might have hoped for.

I agree. That's why we just want a Top 5 finish at least.

But she's not Black... she's mixed race. Her Mother is White.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

Didn't know she'd "stolen" someone's boyfriend. Depending on the details that may hurt her more than shoplifting.[/QUOTE]

Please could someone tell me how you steal a boyfriend? I can understand inanimate objects but a live living breathing person. Did she kidnap him and lock him up in a basement :eek:

While I see what you are getting at, getting involved with someone who is taken is a social no no, as is getting involved with someone when you are taken.

I think her chances are scuppered, simply on the back of drugs, being sexually dishonest/predatory (I know that's likely not the case but I think its obvious why I said it), a drug user and a thief is not going to get the greater behind you.

I think they were from the drug use and assault stories and I suspect the voting results will reflect that when we see them.

I don't think/hope that her being black will influence that, just her actions. Female yes as the audience is majority female and women react differently to certain things than males.

But she's not Black... she's mixed race. Her Mother is White.

To be honest, the show has recurring characters that fill certain roles. Her character profile on the show fits that of the week 5 outrage exit. Early front runner, controversial, talented, expectations of being high up in the running... usually ends up going one way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    twingle wrote: »

While I see what you are getting at, getting involved with someone who is taken is a social no no, as is getting involved with someone when you are taken.

I think her chances are scuppered, simply on the back of drugs, being sexually dishonest/predatory (I know that's likely not the case but I think its obvious why I said it), a drug user and a thief is not going to get the greater behind you.

I think they were from the drug use and assault stories and I suspect the voting results will reflect that when we see them.

I don't think/hope that her being black will influence that, just her actions. Female yes as the audience is majority female and women react differently to certain things than males.

I agree with most of your post Fiz! Honestly i do :)

But i repeat, she's mixed race. Her mother is white.

Unless we now count Mixed race people as just "Black"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with most of your post Fiz! Honestly i do :)

But i repeat, she's mixed race. Her mother is white.

Unless we now count Mixed race people as just "Black"?

Yes she is mixed race, but yes people rightly or wrongly do.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorna is out of the running. Tamera has her chances potentially diminished.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was never in the running if truth be told. She has always come across as an unlikeable girl with an edge to her, irrespective of any criminal allegations and it is a popularity contest after all.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    She was never in the running if truth be told. She has always come across as an unlikeable girl with an edge to her, irrespective of any criminal allegations and it is a popularity contest after all.

At the risk of being shot down by Alexandra fans, I will say it didn't scupper Alexandra's chances of winning although to be fair nothing was written about her in the papers and it was only through time we discovered about the abortion and her annoying personality!
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An uphill battle just became impossible
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

I agree that she's not likeable, but her lack of talent is what would keep her out of the running for me.

I've got to admit to being amused by the idea that her having "stolen" somebody's boyfriend should stand against her - isn't that the way of teenage relationships? It's not as if she's the correspondent in a divorce; not that that should make any real difference to her ability to win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that she's not likeable, but her lack of talent is what would keep her out of the running for me.

I've got to admit to being amused by the idea that her having "stolen" somebody's boyfriend should stand against her - isn't that the way of teenage relationships? It's not as if she's the correspondent in a divorce; not that that should make any real difference to her ability to win.

Its funny you say that, I've seen friendships and reputations in tatters amongst older teenagers when they have muscled in on an existing relationship or cheated. Its a no no almost from the point "real" relationships start to develop.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sometimes überfans do not help the cause. Honestly I didn't realise they had to have a spokesman/woman now.

As for the OP talk about OTT and dramatic. This is just your opinion and absolutely nothing else.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny you say that, I've seen friendships and reputations in tatters amongst older teenagers when they have muscled in on an existing relationship or cheated. Its a no no almost from the point "real" relationships start to develop.

Do real relationships develop in your teens? That's quite a sweet thought. I think I missed that stage being a nerd when it wasn't fashionable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when i saw this thread title, i thought she'd been kicked off :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelly Smith the next Beyonce'.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera is still one of the firm favourites right now. She can't control what the gutter press print about her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do real relationships develop in your teens? That's quite a sweet thought. I think I missed that stage being a nerd when it wasn't fashionable.

Not normally no, they can though, mine did incidentally.

But I put the word real in quotation marks for the very reason you highlighted. By real I meant emotionally significant at the time, which they oftentimes are.

And even if a teenager is not embarking on a "real" relationship themselves, normally they can recognise what they are.

I hope that makes sense.

ETA:
    Actually come to think of it, a lot of my friends long term relationship (as in who they are with now) developed in their late teens / early 20's. So maybe what I said wasn't that crazy.

Who knows?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You seem to be speaking for all Tamera fans rather frequently. I'm sure some of her fans are pretty fussed about her winning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still early days in the competition. If this had happened in the semi finals week then i would definately have put her out of the running but in a few weeks people will have forgotten about this, just like most people have already forgotten about the bullying/drugs stories surrounding Tamera from a few weeks ago. As long as she continues to deliver on the show and doesn't do anything stupid like this again then I still think she has a strong chance and even if she doesn't win the show it's still fairly obvious that she'll go on to be the most successful out of this years dire finalists.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still early days in the competition. If this had happened in the semi finals week then i would definately have put her out of the running but in a few weeks people will have forgotten about this, just like most people have already forgotten about the bullying/drugs stories surrounding Tamera from a few weeks ago. As long as she continues to deliver on the show and doesn't do anything stupid like this again then I still think she has a strong chance and even if she doesn't win the show it's still fairly obvious that she'll go on to be the most successful out of this years dire finalists.

What she needs is the judges to avoid digs at whatever is happening (e.g. Cher Lloyd being called a "brat" in a "cute" way, the infamous Misha B. "bully" card).