Who's just about to break through?

cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
Forum Member
Who is just about to break it through to the big time, in the coming months? Anyone new? :)

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    What do you mean? It's impossible to tell for sure. But a good way to make predicitions is check if any new aritsts have got recently got record deals on major record labels, or if any major radio stations have playlisted any new artists.

However, JME, who's has a big following in London and on the Internet for years and years is finally getting his first top 40 hit this week! :) So happy for him!! :D

Also, Disclosure, Julio Bashmore (he has a show on Radio 1 too), Jessie Ware, Monsta, Smiler, Sox (or someone from Invasion), Kendrick Lamar, Maxsta, Sneakbo, Daley, The Weeknd.

There's loads. There's lots of people that are big in other countries, but not big in the UK, so it's difficult to say whether they've already broken through or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenn D (aka Vela) from Soft Toy Emergency... gone solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Nwz_R--EY
    New song "Lose It", she's just been signed to AATW too!
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Little Mix
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Probably Tyler Rix. His first video is out on You Tube today, lots of interest already. One to watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPNmRROF-aA
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix

This.
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

They already had 2 #1s though, and are about to probably get a 3rd lol. They're already huge. Their song DNA I really like.

On the other hand, JME is #3 on iTunes!! :eek: Beaming with pride right now. :D He must've been doing music for like 8 years. He released a song a few months ago but it charted at #41 (which is still amazing, but depressing how narrowly it missed out on being a top 40 hit).
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Charli XCX will be very successful next year. Maybe Florrie too, seeing as she's just signed to a major label. And I know she already has a #5 album and a Mercury nomination, but I think Jessie Ware will be properly massive next year.

I'd also love any of the following to break through next year: Sky Ferreira, A*M*E, Little Nikki, Ruby Goe, Cinnamon Girl, Icona Pop, WooWoos, Dolly Rockers, Stockholm Syndrome.
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I think Charli XCX will be very successful next year. Maybe Florrie too, seeing as she's just signed to a major label. And I know she already has a #5 album and a Mercury nomination, but I think Jessie Ware will be properly massive next year.

I'd also love any of the following to break through next year: Sky Ferreira, A*M*E, Little Nikki, Ruby Goe, Cinnamon Girl, Icona Pop, WooWoos, Dolly Rockers, Stockholm Syndrome.

I thought Sky Ferreira was going to get a hit a couple of years ago, since there was one of her songs I was hearing a lot on the radio, and it was quite good, but it didn't go top 40 I think.
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Apparently that AME girl who Gary Barlow signed is
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I thought Sky Ferreira was going to get a hit a couple of years ago, since there was one of her songs I was hearing a lot on the radio, and it was quite good, but it didn't go top 40 I think.

Sky's problem is that as soon as you're comfortable with one incarnation of her, she completely changes her style again - she went from electro pop to grunge quite quickly, although she's now back somewhere in the middle, and fiiinally releasing an album - I really hope she makes it.

I agree with the poster who suggested Florrie, too. She's paid her dues in the industry, and now she's signed to a major it's really her time to shine!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Apparently that AME girl who Gary Barlow signed is

Gary Barlow signed her? :eek: Usually the kiss of death if you look at the other artists signed to his 'label'.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had hoped Tanya Lacey but she seems to be going nowhere sadly :(
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I assume Jessie Ware will win Critics Choice hehe
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh Kumra
    Forum Member
    I had hoped Tanya Lacey but she seems to be going nowhere sadly :(
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Josh Kumra

Hopefully. Both of them featured on massive hits last year, and I've heard solo songs from them on the radio. And I remember a Josh Kumra song which I really liked going top 1000 on iTunes.

I hope they can do well, they really deserve it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabrielle Aplin and Liam Bailey
    Liam Bailey has been around for a few years now and was discovered by Amy Winehouse but his album was delayed but I asked him on youtube and he said he is still working on it and next year is likely a go ahead.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Vince Kidd, Tanya Lacey, Mz Bratt and Lady Leshurr!
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Zara M wrote: »
    Probably Tyler Rix. His first video is out on You Tube today, lots of interest already. One to watch.

WOW, he is really, really good and very cute :o ,i love him already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Sky Ferreira, Florrie and Gabrielle Aplin are my three guesses. I'm kinda hoping Wynter Gordon does too, her Stimela EP is amazing!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Woodkid.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Ferreira, Florrie and Gabrielle Aplin are my three guesses. I'm kinda hoping Wynter Gordon does too, her Stimela EP is amazing!

She has already released her stuff. Her debut album was out last year. I know Australia really warmed to her more.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellowhead.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2NE1 - if they actually get a move on and do English stuff, they could be huge!
    Azealia Banks - already part way there (212 already peaked at #12) but with her album out in Feb 2013 she could be a definite one to watch
    Foxes - token quirky-ish female for the year
    Jessie Ware - she must blow up surely? I'm still stunned she wasn't huge with Devotion...
    A*M*E* - Gary Barlow signing could be the kiss of death but she seems like she could be big
    Bridgit Mendler - a Disney star, so she won't be huge or anything but she's very Jessie J, I could see her getting 1 or 2 minor hits. Her song Ready Or Not is rapidly increasing on US iTunes.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Hopefully. Both of them featured on massive hits last year, and I've heard solo songs from them on the radio. And I remember a Josh Kumra song which I really liked going top 1000 on iTunes.

I hope they can do well, they really deserve it.

Tanya has had 3 single releases this year and all of them have gone under the radar. Its a shame because she is way better than Rita Ora.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Zara M wrote: »

Wasn't he the one at the Olympics with the flame, "I'd like to thank COCA-COLA" :D