Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    OK -- maybe we need a prediction for Mrs. T. Will she show up as a chemist again, at some later point in the series, having somewhat recovered from her bout of Doc Martinitis? Or has she vanished for good into the same limbo as Pauline? My bet is on the latter. (I agree with everyone that she's a wonderful comedic actress, but I think they've wrung just about everything they could from that character and time to freshen up the cast a bit.)

I think Mrs. T will be back as the Telegraph article's last line said all regular cast members would be returning. I do think there is a possibility of fresh story still there with her.

Recording predictions. What say you all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I think Mrs. T will be back as the Telegraph article's last line said all regular cast members would be returning. I do think there is a possibility of fresh story still there with her.

Recording predictions. What say you all?

She still owns the shop but I suspect she can no longer be a chemist due to her self medicating and going Bodmin, thus the new chemist. So my guess is that she may appear occasionally to check up on her business while the new chemist essentially runs the place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Well, thanks for recommending my story, but we've got some good other ones to also recommend.

Yes, I was thinking of Star Trek novels exactly when I wrote that.

And, in reality, I would probably buy the episode novelized books, if the author did a good job, so I can see it may bring in some more money for them. :)

It may mean money for them, but I love how the idea of novels could feed the fan-base, whether the show continues into more series or not. It could provide us the pleasure while allowing Martin and cast to move on to other projects. And I do wonder if they've considered a movie if they want to be done with TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Yep, great minds, so to speak. I agree with you. See my BP-driving-me-crazy post above. MC and PB sit around the breakfast table talking about ways to drive Biff insane. Oh, pardon! Bodmin! Let's drive Biff Bodmin (it's a short trip)!

Yes, I think you've got it quite right! But I'm sure they've included SusieSag along with you!! :D

I think they are two delightfully intelligent creative people with a great sense of humor who are excellent at keeping us on our toes and love doing it for all of us as well as themselves..
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, not Louisa -- this is MC and friend from a "real life" event. Drat!

This shows how you see what you want to see - thanks for the correction.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be misunderstanding you but last year when I was in PI, the place was crawling with tourists checking out DM related stuff, even from Australia and Europe as we talked to folks. And there was no filming going on. I can only imagine how it must be this year, and based on photos of past filming years. And space in PI is really small and the car parks only hold so many vehicles, so that may actually help hold down the numbers. But I do bet there are plenty of folks around. But someone there, prove me wrong if I am.

I'm sure you are correct and there will be plenty of people clogging up the streets of Port Isaac this summer. But when you consider that 8-10 million people watch each episode in the UK and how many other millions watching in US, Australia and other parts of the world, the number of us online and checking out what is happening with the filming would be a very small percentage.

There really aren't that many of us (superfans) and the casual fans may not even realize they have started filming. I would guess that even a lot of the fans who have visited Port Isaac in the 20 out of 24 months that they are not filming don't realize that filming is taking place now. So even if say 100,000 people visit this summer (doubtful that many people could sandwich into the town) it would still be a small percentage.

A few years back, I was a big fan of Ballykissangel and was thrilled to visit the town in Ireland where it is filmed. But I had no clue when the next round of filming would take place. Of course, that was before twitter and FB and a lot of other ways information is broadcast now.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me they have to show how Martin and Louisa decided to get married this time around, their discussions on what they want in their marriage and at their wedding and some wedding prep including meddling villagers/friends/relatives/dogs. They aren't just going to hop out of the car after driving back from getting JH out of Mrs. T's clutches and straight into wedding clothing then off to the church. BP is more meticulous than that plus if they did a rush job on it they would miss out on some good story lines. The expense they are going through with the wedding/reception (just from what we can glean) is something that would be wasted trying to cram it all into one 44 minute episode.

I doubt they are going to do any of that narrative discussion of getting married, but we'll all see the truth. After all, that would be very repetitive; they did all that in S3, so we don't as an audience need to rewatch all of that again.

This show is not about long conversations and processing things, anyway, which is why this Forum is so much fun to play out and guess at what we see, and is not oftentimes very clearly detailed.

I think it is much more likely for them to just show up at their wedding; and then right at the "kiss the bride moment" someone collapses due to some strange disease DM diagnoses kneeling next to him while LG is standing their with her veil over her face....THAT sounds more like a DM episode to me. :)
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anybody else having trouble getting to FB?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    This will do quite splendidly in lieu of the 10%....Signature Chocolate Truffles Gift Box :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just got in with no problem.

Two more tidbits. They danced to We Are Sailing by Rod Stewart. If I recall, MC has said that is his favorite song and didn't he sing it to Philippa at their wedding? How sweet is that? Oh - and Louisa steps on his toe and he winces. That holds up the theory that Martin is the one who has had dance training :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will do quite splendidly in lieu of the 10%....Signature Chocolate Truffles Gift Box :D

Nutritional information!!!! :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes me too. There are a few pages to get through if the various doc martin fb sites. I think the doc martin (martin clunes) fan club one is the best.

Must be a lot of people trying to access the pages! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC has lost weight! Looking very trim, taut and terrific!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connie,
    FB photo of MC signing autograph for a girl and he doesn't have a ring on either hand!!!!! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Just too exciting

I just thought I would NOT get so caught up in all the S6 banter, I love the series and like everyone else watch them endlessly ---BUT - I am caught up in all this with you. We were having a terrific thunder storm- one clap of thunder shook my house so hard that it knocked some things off shelves upstairs and down -- AND I JUST KEPT READING THE POSTS!!!
    I know that in our minds, all of us were in that church and at that reception and hoping for a little kiss in the receiving line ---
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    lemster wrote: »
    This shows how you see what you want to see - thanks for the correction.

If you look at the pic on FB of Martin signing what appears to be an autograph book for two girls, you'll see the ring he usually wears on his right hand has been removed. Then in the pic of Caroline looking at a piece of paper you can see a band on her left hand. So it appears they DID go through with the wedding!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person who posted about the wedding reception also has mentioned about "the new receptionist." Twice. I really liked Morwenna -- hope she's still there in another capacity, but I rather doubt it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Just too exciting

I just thought I would NOT get so caught up in all the S6 banter, I love the series and like everyone else watch them endlessly ---BUT - I am caught up in all this with you. We were having a terrific thunder storm- one clap of thunder shook my house so hard that it knocked some things off shelves upstairs and down -- AND I JUST KEPT READING THE POSTS!!!
    I know that in our minds, all of us were in that church and at that reception and hoping for a little kiss in the receiving line ---

I so agree with your feelings. No storms here in FL but had to run errands and the whole time was thinking about what's going on in the hotel nearby Port Isaac and wanting to rush back and get online. BODMIN WE ARE ALL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    I doubt they are going to do any of that narrative discussion of getting married, but we'll all see the truth. After all, that would be very repetitive; they did all that in S3, so we don't as an audience need to rewatch all of that again.

This show is not about long conversations and processing things, anyway, which is why this Forum is so much fun to play out and guess at what we see, and is not oftentimes very clearly detailed.

I think it is much more likely for them to just show up at their wedding; and then right at the "kiss the bride moment" someone collapses due to some strange disease DM diagnoses kneeling next to him while LG is standing their with her veil over her face....THAT sounds more like a DM episode to me. :)

I sincerely hope no one has a medical emergency that day

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151529093159231&id=737609230&set=oa.10151610996671660&__user=1634880784

Or try typing in link manually forpics
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may mean money for them, but I love how the idea of novels could feed the fan-base, whether the show continues into more series or not. It could provide us the pleasure while allowing Martin and cast to move on to other projects. And I do wonder if they've considered a movie if they want to be done with TV.

Okay, I can see the book jackets now, Martin a la Fabio, with shirt open to his navel and Louisa or Carrie Bradshaw seductively draped on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person who posted about the wedding reception also has mentioned about "the new receptionist." Twice. I really liked Morwenna -- hope she's still there in another capacity, but I rather doubt it.

No worries NewPark. She clarified that she still thinks of Morwenna as the new receptionist. ;)

Another tidbit from her though - they are doing a second day of filming at the hotel tomorrow. Hmmmm...either they will be showing a lot of the reception, there will be a medical emergency at the reception, OR we might get to see a little bit of honeymoon? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I can see the book jackets now, Martin a la Fabio, with shirt open to his navel and Louisa or Carrie Bradshaw seductively draped on him.

More likely he will have a fish in his mouth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I can hardly believe it! After having waited since November 2007, and just like that there are wedding pictures and a wedding dress and beautiful LG and a reception and dancing!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    No worries NewPark. She clarified that she still thinks of Morwenna as the new receptionist. ;)

Another tidbit from her though - they are doing a second day of filming at the hotel tomorrow. Hmmmm...either they will be showing a lot of the reception, there will be a medical emergency at the reception, OR we might get to see a little bit of honeymoon? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Shop Girl.

I don't remember getting this much info from FB the last time they were filming. That fan group has over 1500 members, so lots are out there gathering info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ahhhh, yes, but I hasten to add they should do a little spray tanning on Martin first. Dare I say he might be a bit pasty in the clothed areas of his bod living in England. Farmer's tan, yes, no doubt! Chest maybe not so much.:)
This discussion has been closed.