ps vita

andrewstevensonandrewstevenson Posts: 757
Forum Member
✭✭
Right im aware the ps vita wi-fi and a ps vita wi-fi and 3g but does anybody have any information in the 3g cost or is it included in price of console and is it a contract. Is it uses a different type of memory system can i transfer frogress from slim and light to vita

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also like some details of this if any has a link or something

am guessing it will cost money though vodafone wouldn't become the carrier for nothing - my bet would be around about a tenner a month at most any more would be to much
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    The chargers have not been confirmed yet. Basically you can browse the web and stuff But no online gaming. I myself don't see the attraction to 3g version I've got my phone to browse the web on the go. Vodafone is only a 'preferred' 3g provider you can use other networks.

PS vita uses new memory cards. I'm not sure on if your PSP saves interchangeable.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the charges sorry but as for the saves I think we'll be able to transfer saves via the ps3. Just copy it to ur console and then back onto the vita. That seems the most logical way of doing it anyway.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I've been hearing a lot of hardware faults in regards to the Vita already! Plenty of Firmware crashes and Touch Screens not responding, it would be best to wait for a re-design if those problems continue!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I've been hearing a lot of hardware faults in regards to the Vita already! Plenty of Firmware crashes and Touch Screens not responding, it would be best to wait for a re-design if those problems continue!

So I hear, maybe they should have called it the PS Pita :D
    Forum Member
    I think it's best waiting to see how widespread these issues are. This guy has some really good videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrqGiQ5ZYWc&list=LLaR6cFD4tTIzBKs2MWAtGsw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

The UI might not look amazing. But It does look very responsive easy to you use and its very customisable.

Here is 25 mins of UC:GA that again looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2srzEQF_oFI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DTx87M0vZEA

The memory card fiasco has pissed off but seeing some of this has again made this a first day buy for me. That is if the hardware issues are not widespread.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not great battery there and that's with 3G and Wi-Fi turned off.

Didn't Sony quote 5 hours?
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Not great battery there and that's with 3G and Wi-Fi turned off.

Didn't Sony quote 5 hours?
    The official quote from Sony was 3-5hrs, the same quoted by Nintendo for the 3DS before it launched.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion, anyone who buys this on the first day either has a lot of disposable income or is just foolish with their money.

The price will drop within 6 months.
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    In my opinion, anyone who buys this on the first day either has a lot of disposable income or is just foolish with their money.

I can really not see them doing that. 3DS was different Nintendo where being greedy it was overpriced. Sony on the other hand are probably making loss all ready judging by crazy specs, oled screen itself is highly expensive not mention quad core processor.

if It flops I think it safe to say you will see price cut in year, but any earlier would hurt Sony bad.
  • andrewstevensonandrewstevenson Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »

Well I'm buying it on the first day I'm not foolish because I sold my psp for no joke £170 and you get the pre order pack free worth £25. I don't doubt the price will drop but no guarantees
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Well I'm buying it on the first day I'm not foolish because I sold my psp for no joke £170 and you get the pre order pack free worth £25. I don't doubt the price will drop but no guarantees

Does that not just make the sucker who bought your PSP even more foolish :D

I used to be an early adopter but got burned too often.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    I can really not see them doing that. 3DS was different Nintendo where being greedy it was overpriced. Sony on the other hand are probably making loss all ready judging by crazy specs, oled screen itself is highly expensive not mention quad core processor.

if It flops I think it safe to say you will see price cut in year, but any earlier would hurt Sony bad.

I think the 3DS is still overpriced!!! 140 quid for a console that really is already out just without a 3D screen is ridiculous, there are only (obv only for me) 3 real games out for it! Mario Kart 7, the new Zelda and Super Mario and for me they are far from being must have games seeing as mario kart is still awesome for DS, iv never liked Zelda and Super Mario hasn't been the same since the Game Boy!

The Vita however i still don't see as being worth it!! A PSP with touch screen? Why is it so good? I certainly would not pay 35 quid for a handheld game!!!

If it gets the real support I'm hoping for and drops in price I might get both but I don't see the point in paying over £100 for something that doesn't plug into my HDTV and plus I want a lot of PS2 games to be released in HD like kingdom hearts, dark Chronicle and maybe .Dot// Hack chronicles or whatever it was called lol.

Saying that Uncharted might be worth getting on Vita as will be any mainstream Pokemon game on 3DS!!!

I'm sooooo confused :( lol

Ive just read through all that and I hope people can get what I'm saying however I am quite drunk lol hopefully my meaning will come across
    Forum Member
    I think the 3DS is still overpriced!!! 140 quid for a console that really is already out just without a 3D screen is ridiculous, there are only (obv only for me) 3 real games out for it! Mario Kart 7, the new Zelda and Super Mario and for me they are far from being must have games seeing as mario kart is still awesome for DS, iv never liked Zelda and Super Mario hasn't been the same since the Game Boy!

The Vita however i still don't see as being worth it!! A PSP with touch screen? Why is it so good? I certainly would not pay 35 quid for a handheld game!!!

If it gets the real support I'm hoping for and drops in price I might get both but I don't see the point in paying over £100 for something that doesn't plug into my HDTV and plus I want a lot of PS2 games to be released in HD like kingdom hearts, dark Chronicle and maybe .Dot// Hack chronicles or whatever it was called lol.

Saying that Uncharted might be worth getting on Vita as will be any mainstream Pokemon game on 3DS!!!

I'm sooooo confused :( lol

Ive just read through all that and I hope people can get what I'm saying however I am quite drunk lol hopefully my meaning will come across

My comment was referring to technical stand point. The 3ds hardware is very cheap to produce. Nintendo tryed to sell it for very big profit margin like they did with WII this did not work this time round.

Vita however technically speaking will costing Sony a lot to produce. It is cheaper than other gadgets on market, that are not as costly to make have littler amount of power behind them compared to vita. So hardware justifies the £229 price tag. You can not expect it hit as low £100 for about 2 years. Sony are losing to much money from many of there divisions.

Obviously like you've said there is other factors to include when asking if its worth to buy. Strong lineup is must. Long lasting hardware. I don't see Sony screwing that up again with the lineup with PSP. I myself don't see interest in plugging it into my TV. I have PS3, Xbox 360,PC, Wii for that.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    My comment was referring to technical stand point. The 3ds hardware is very cheap to produce. Nintendo tryed to sell it for very big profit margin like they did with WII this did not work this time round.

Vita however technically speaking will costing Sony a lot to produce. It is cheaper than other gadgets on market, that are not as costly to make have littler amount of power behind them compared to vita. So hardware justifies the £229 price tag. You can not expect it hit as low £100 for about 2 years. Sony are losing to much money from many of there divisions.

Obviously like you've said there is other factors to include when asking if its worth to buy. Strong lineup is must. Long lasting hardware. I don't see Sony screwing that up again with the lineup with PSP. I myself don't see interest in plugging it into my TV. I have PS3, Xbox 360,PC, Wii for that.

Really? So glasses free stereoscopic 3D screens are very cheap to produce are they? The 3DS quite powerful little bit of kit. The 3DS may of been overpriced as most hardware is at launch but the prices now are not reflective of it's productive value, it was a drastic measure Nintendo had to take to establish a solid user base before Vita is released and that's exactly what they done. I don't think the price of the Vita is justified at all, certainly not from the games I've seen running on it, plus it's only flat 2D like PSP.

Anyway, a console is only as good as it's games, we all know this without them the hardware is nothing. People who say the 3DS is just a 3D version of the DS are just ignorant and it would be better they didn't speak than spout uneducated crap like this.

The Vita looks like a sleek piece of kit, I love the PSP it's a quality handheld but there's nothing on the horizon in terms of software on the Vita that interests me. I'll no doubt buy one when better games do come along though and the price comes down a bit on those rip-off proprietary memory cards.
    Forum Member
    Really? So glasses free stereoscopic 3D screens are very cheap to produce are they? The 3DS quite powerful little bit of kit. The 3DS may of been overpriced as most hardware is at launch but the prices now are not reflective of it's productive value, it was a drastic measure Nintendo had to take to establish a solid user base before Vita is released and that's exactly what they done. I don't think the price of the Vita is justified at all, certainly not from the games I've seen running on it, plus it's only flat 2D like PSP.

Anyway, a console is only as good as it's games, we all know this without them the hardware is nothing. People who say the 3DS is just a 3D version of the DS are just ignorant and it would be better they didn't speak than spout uneducated crap like this.

The Vita looks like a sleek piece of kit, I love the PSP it's a quality handheld but there's nothing on the horizon in terms of software on the Vita that interests me. I'll no doubt buy one when better games do come along though and the price comes down a bit on those rip-off proprietary memory cards.

Yes It is very cheap manufacture. Glasses free 3d tech has been around for years, its nothing new. there was nice article on ign outlining how cheap on whole 3ds is.

Its very well known Nintendo go for profit on its hardware, where as Sony like to break even or even go for a loss.

Sony have been working with glasses 3d tech for very long time they have yet to mass produce because they feel tech has not evolved enough yet. When I had a 3ds I was never really amazed by 3d, surely would not base purchase on the 3d. I would prefer the oled screen any day.

The price is justified for vita simply because it could not of be any cheaper without Sony cutting tech out. Or losing either money.. Now obviously last comment explained how that does not mean its worth to buy, like said there is other factors.

The bit bold I don't what made you say that. I've not suggested any such thing.
    Forum Member
    IGN....yeah...

Sony really are just giving the Vita away eh? Pretty charitable of them I guess, especially those memory cards and the inflated prices on games like Uncharted. Of course, like the Move and motion control, Sony were working on glasses free 3D before everyone else, they just didn't manufacture them (how did this even enter the conversation?). Never accuse me of being biased again please. ;)

BTW Not everything I say is referring to you Jesso. I thought it would be quite clear my comment was directed at other posts made on this page.
    Forum Member
    I dunno why you're so stuck in the past when 3DS retail for £130 brand new these days, how much profit do you think they are making there? That is a very low price considering the DSi XL costs the same if not more. Remember if we're talking about production costs there's dual screens in the 3DS to consider too.

I think you're maybe trying to justify the high cost of the Vita by comparing it to the shambolic 3DS launch and whatever makes you happy but just look what happened to Nintendo, do you seriously think Vita's will fly off the shelf at that price?

Pretty cool PS Vita unpacking/test vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riy5HZgG71c
    Forum Member
    IGN....yeah...

Sony really are just giving the Vita away eh? Pretty charitable of them I guess, especially those memory cards and the inflated prices on games like Uncharted. Of course, like the Move and motion control, Sony were working on glasses free 3D before everyone else, they just didn't manufacture them (how did this even enter the conversation?) Never accuse me of being biased again please. ;)

BTW Not everything I say is referring to you Jesso. I thought it would be quite clear my comment was directed at other posts made on this page.

So because its news source you don't like its instantly false ?

http://www.qj.net/nintendo-3ds/news/report-reveals-nintendo-3ds-manufacturing-costs.html

Obviously does not cover cost including R&D but still gives idea how over priced it was.

My comment was not biased in slightest. I don't think yourself can call anyone biased. Anyone who read your past comments will know this.

Its common knowledge, I don't know why you could not google this :rolleyes: Sony have been working on 3d less tech for many years. They've shown on there tv's CES and openly talk about tech long before the 3ds was announced. However they believe 3d less tech has not evolved enough. For mass production. This is to with viewing angle, and the tech not working on larger displays without problems. I suppose your one those who think Nintendo invented it and then comes to Sony devices and they copied it.........

IF you know anything about the PS2, PS3,PSP development then you would know that all those where made on near loss. The PS3 was sold loss for very long time. Its there way doing business and its done by many businesses. Its easy way to reduce cost of product.

I dunno why you're so stuck in the past when 3DS retail for £130 brand new these days, how much profit do you think they are making there? That is a very low price considering the DSi XL costs the same if not more. Remember if we're talking about production costs there's dual screens in the 3DS to consider too.

I think you're maybe trying to justify the high cost of the Vita by comparing it to the shambolic 3DS launch and whatever makes you happy but just look what happened to Nintendo, do you seriously think Vita's will fly off the shelf at that price?

Pretty cool PS Vita unpacking/test vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riy5HZgG71c

If you going to accuse me of something can you please read the whole thread. I did not bring up 3ds. It's brought up by poster thinking Sony would drop price I simply disagreed and explained why Sony could not do this and Nintendo could.

No for matter fact I really do think Sony will struggle to sell and don't see vita doing any better that of PSP in sales. I think software will do better. But Nintendo own handheld market and will stay like that. I think you fail understand what i mean justified price.
    Forum Member
    But why are you so incredibly defensive over Sony? I think it's a fair comment to suggest you aren't maybe the most balanced poster on here, especially since you've accused me so many times in the past for being a fanboy..:o

The point I was making was I don't really care if Sony were working on 3D tech, I never even brought any of that up, it just came out of nowhere from you. It's not even part of the debate, seems like you want to go down the old Sony vs Nintendo road zzzzz. I do not. The fact is the 3DS is great value right now, that's all that matters, not your boring links.

It's a personal choice whether you would prefer the OLED or 3D screen, I would prefer the 3D as I love the effect it gives, it's still fresh to me even all these months later and the effect can be very convincing, I like how the 3D is utilised in games like Super Mario 3D Land, it makes that game what it is. It's about the games for me more than the tech underneath but everyone's different.

I like the Vita, it looks like a cool machine but there's no games that make me want to buy one yet, not at that price anyway.
    Forum Member
    But why are you so incredibly defensive over Sony? I think it's a fair comment to suggest you aren't maybe the most balanced poster on here, especially since you've accused me so many times in the past for being a fanboy..:o

The point I was making was I don't really care if Sony were working on 3D tech, I never even brought any of that up, it just came out of nowhere from you. It's not even part of the debate, seems like you want to go down the old Sony vs Nintendo road zzzzz. I do not. The fact is the 3DS is great value right now, that's all that matters, not your boring links.

It's a personal choice whether you would prefer the OLED or 3D screen, I would prefer the 3D as I love the effect it gives, it's still fresh to me even all these months later and the effect can be very convincing, I like how the 3D is utilised in games like Super Mario 3D Land, it makes that game what it is. It's about the games for me more than the tech underneath but everyone's different.

I like the Vita, it looks like a cool machine but there's no games that make me want to buy one yet, not at that price anyway.

Here ,'' plus it's only flat 2D like PSP.'' I may have been wrong now but thought you where referring to the fact vita did not have 3d screen. I simply explaining why it did not have one.

You already know from other post I'm interested requiring another 3ds. So you know I don't have anything against the gadget. The reason it got brought up was only because I was explaining why vita would not receive the same price cut the 3ds had.

I finding very hard reading back my comments finding anything that was defensive. Ijust don't see how outlining the fact the vita has more expensive tech than he 3ds is defensive in slightest.
    Forum Member
    It's not just necessarily what's been said here Jesso with you defending the price point of the Vita (when many Sony fans worldwide are complaining about the price of the memory cards and inflated RRP for Ucharted) and launching into a history of Sony R&D while referencing "nice" 'articles from IGN outlining how cheap the whole 3ds is'. :sleep:

You don't see how it looks from my side of the fence? lol You are always incredibly defensive and touchy over Sony. I don't actually have any problem with that as we all like/enthuse over different things and it's led into some quite interesting debates, but you are the one always pointing the finger at me calling me a fanboy, you've already done it here on this page saying "Anyone who read your past comments will know [I'm biased]". This is why I'm bringing it up now.

I'd like to know what I'm supposedly biased toward or a fanboy of exactly, because from past debates I've only ever spoken in terms of the facts which you nearly always get upset over and anything else I've said is merely my opinion/preference which you also appear to have major problems with. I don't think I'm really the one with the issue tbh.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Like any of this matters, the Vita's bombed harder than the 3DS in Japan, one good week of sales and then a flop in the week DURING X-MAS, oh dear Sony, and with news that Hackers have already manipulated the PSP Emulator it to get into the device and run Homebrew, it won't be long before Linux is on the Vita, ...I mean, the Vita gets fully hacked, and it's STILL not even out over here nor in America.

By the time February comes, the hackers would have ripped apart the Vita and Sony is left with the choice to remove the PSP Emulator or just let it happen, and both options arn't exactly good! :p

edit: @jjesso123, don't worry, 2D could argue with a tree if he thought it lent slightly the wrong way! :p
    Forum Member
    It's not just necessarily what's been said here Jesso with you defending the price point of the Vita (when many Sony fans worldwide are complaining about the price of the memory cards and inflated RRP for Ucharted) and launching into a history of Sony R&D while referencing "nice" 'articles from IGN outlining how cheap the whole 3ds is'. :sleep:

You don't see how it looks from my side of the fence? lol You are always incredibly defensive and touchy over Sony. I don't actually have any problem with that as we all like/enthuse over different things and it's led into some quite interesting debates, but you are the one always pointing the finger at me calling me a fanboy, you've already done it here on this page saying "Anyone who read your past comments will know [I'm biased]". This is why I'm bringing it up now.

I'd like to know what I'm supposedly biased toward or a fanboy of exactly, because from past debates I've only ever spoken in terms of the facts which you nearly always get upset over and anything else I've said is merely my opinion/preference which you also appear to have major problems with. I don't think I'm really the one with the issue tbh.

I only brought that up because you questioned me on my comment about 3ds being cheap produce not ones twice.Then you went on ask if 3d tech is cheap produce. then you went on complain about ps vita not having 3d screen. You see you started this long drawn out debate not me. I was simply responding your comments.

Again jumping to conclusions. I've always expressed my anger over memory sticks in the other thread. I've not had chance express my anger over the game prices yet but tell you its pissed me off lot.

I was simply showing how its unlikely Sony will drop the price, simply because of much its probably being produced for. I've not said ones its worth buying. I was only stated from hardware perspective that vita justifies the price is placed at.

Please read back my firsts comments and you will see all was doing is explaining how Nintendo where able to cut 3ds price so much and how its very unlikely Sony could do same with hurting them really bad. you seem to had some kind misunderstanding here and jump the gun.