Actor Paul Bhattacharjee found dead

whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
Forum Member

Comments

• jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good, gifted actor. If it was depression, sad that unable to get help that worked. :(
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that he was missing the other day, very sad he's been found in these circumstances.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :( Sad news.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are people going to notice that more and more people are commiting suicide...including famous people...something is very wrong here.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh that's so sad. Poor man. :(

@milliejo, true, so many fragile people out there, it seems. I don't know what it is but in general, I do think the constant bombardment and overload of info about what you should be, look like, feel, admire, aspire to, and generally 'fit in' encourages unhappiness and ultimately depression/despair as it gradually erodes people's sense of their own worth. It's really sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    When are people going to notice that more and more people are commiting suicide...including famous people...something is very wrong here.

This is quite ignorant to be honest. My mother suffered from mental illness and tried to take her life many times hiding it from all of us. Despite the fact she had the best medical care. Mental illness is not something that can be simply diagnosed and treated sadly. Fortunately modern times don't allow for the stigma of mental illness and a lot more people are informed.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

..It manifests over time, what happens is a lot of them wake up, they are financially secure, have a loving partner, loving children and yet they still wake up some days feeling sad and they can't figure out why and over time it snowballs and manifests and gets bigger and ultimately the mind tricks them into believing that their life has reached it's pinnacle and there is nothing else to do, I'm not saying this is exactly what happened in Paul's tragic sad case but it'd be a very likely reason in my eyes.
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very tragic, such a talented actor and far to young to go.

Sincere sympathies to his family and friends, rest peacefully.
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Very sad news. Paul used to go to the same school as me and was in the same year group. My thought are with his family & friends
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

A sick society and a recession often leads to suicides.

Durkheim wrote about the subject.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sick society and a recession often leads to suicides.

Durkheim wrote about the subject.

What does he say about sunny weather?

Genuine question. Can weather affect clinical bouts of depression?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    What does he say about sunny weather?

Genuine question. Can weather affect clinical bouts of depression?

Environmental factors can affect depression.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is quite ignorant to be honest. My mother suffered from mental illness and tried to take her life many times hiding it from all of us. Despite the fact she had the best medical care. Mental illness is not something that can be simply diagnosed and treated sadly. Fortunately modern times don't allow for the stigma of mental illness and a lot more people are informed.

This is absolutely true. Many do not know the first thing about it and make all kinds of stupid assumptions.. So sorry to hear about your mother. Very hard to endure when it's in your family.

Have lost two friends who suffered from severe depression. Both took their own life. There was nothing any of us could do. Both were very greatly loved by their families but nothing could save them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    This is absolutely true. Many do not know the first thing about it and make all kinds of stupid assumptions.. So sorry to hear about your mother. Very hard to endure when it's in your family.

Have lost two friends who suffered from severe depression. Both took their own life. There was nothing any of us could do. Both were very greatly loved by their families but nothing could save them.

Sorry to hear about your friends. Its a terrible illness
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very, very sad to hear about his. Saw him in much ado about nothing and he was brilliant. I had a very close friend commit suicide a few years ago, still haven't quite gotten over it so I feel for his loved ones :(
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Respect to him,his work, and his memory.

And peace to all those he left behind...
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd read Stephen Fry had tweeted about him, before his body was found - he was worried about him :( its so sad when that happens, poor guy. How sad for the family to have to come to terms with it too.

RIP Paul Bhattacharjee.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Very sad to read the whole bankruptcy thing as it would seem that may have contributed significantly. Makes you think with the right support this could have been prevented:(