Options

The singer takes it all on google play

Does anyone have the singer takes it all app on google play? It hasn`t shown up on mine when i typed the title in :( Really need to know as i want to support someone who follows me on twitter

Comments

• Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What device?

I've just been to the web Play Store and it claims to be compatible with my Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) but not compatible with Nexus 7 (2012). Bizarrely it claims to be compatible with my GBox MX2 (Android box for the TV), so it's not a ridiculously narrow list - but N7 (2012) seems an odd omission.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    What device?

I've just been to the web Play Store and it claims to be compatible with my Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013) but not compatible with Nexus 7 (2012). Bizarrely it claims to be compatible with my GBox MX2 (Android box for the TV), so it's not a ridiculously narrow list - but N7 (2012) seems an odd omission.
    It`s Acer iconia B1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any more info guys please?
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As pi r squared says, if it isn't appearing on google play then it is not compatible with your device. You could try emailing the developer apps@channel4.com and asking if it will become available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    As pi r squared says, if it isn't appearing on google play then it is not compatible with your device. You could try emailing the developer apps@channel4.com and asking if it will become available.
    I just need to know if it`s on any tablet with google play? Because according to this link it should be http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-singer-takes-it-all/articles/all/the-singer-takes-it-all-mobile-app
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have access to two tablets. It is on my Galaxy Tab. It doesn't appear on my wife's Nexus 7. Google Play will not list apps that are not compatible with your brand of tablet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    I have access to two tablets. It is on my Galaxy Tab. It doesn't appear on my wife's Nexus 7.
    Ok cheers for that. Strange that it`s on some & not others :(
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Ok cheers for that. Strange that it`s on some & not others :(

It's not strange at all - as has been explained above t will only show if it's compatible with a certain tablet
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately the only Android or Apple device I have is the Nexus 7 (2012).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    It's not strange at all - as has been explained above t will only show if it's compatible with a certain tablet
    Well it shouldn`t be just on certain tablets it should be on all
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

That's up to the developer of the ap
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had to guess, I'd say it all hinges on the "and you can record yourself" aspect of the app. Neither your tablet nor the Nexus 7 (2012) has a rear-facing camera, or indeed a camera of any decent spec, whereas all of the other devices that seem to pass the compatibility test do have a decent rear camera.

If you're going to record yourself for the show (and Lord only knows why you'd want to, but I haven't seen the show so I can't judge), presumably they want to guarantee a certain level of recording quality that the B1 certainly cannot provide, and that the N7 (2012) would also struggle with.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you search from a PC it will show all apps whether they're compatible on your devices or not.

Here it is:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.channel4.singertakesitall