Franklin & Bash - Season 3 in the UK

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was randomly looking around to see if it's any closer to making it to the UK and found this from TV Wise back in June

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/06/e4-to-drop-tnts-dramedy-series-franklin-bash/
...a trusted Channel 4 insider tells me that a decision was made under former Head of Acquisitions Gill Hay not to acquire the third season of the series from Sony. And while that source says that the decision could be re-evaluated under their new acquisitions team, a reversal of that previous decision is “unlikely” as, given its ratings performance, especially when stacked up against better performing shows such as New Girl, Revenge and The Big Bang Theory, it didn’t seem “worth the cost” to acquire future seasons of the series from SPT.

I think, knowing Channel 4's history of sticking with "No Decision Made" while they have no intention of ever getting the show, I'll be flying to the states, legally buying it on disc and flying back home to watch it .. *cough*

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even remember them showing S2. And I'm surprised no one else picked it up if E4 wasn't interested.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even remember them showing S2. And I'm surprised no one else picked it up if E4 wasn't interested.

They did show S2, but I do agree - it's the kind of easy going show that would fit in on a lot of different channels. But then I suppose if you look at Watch, they've already got Suits, so would they want a show like this ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    They did show S2, but I do agree - it's the kind of easy going show that would fit in on a lot of different channels. But then I suppose if you look at Watch, they've already got Suits, so would they want a show like this ?

Suits premières on Dave. Watch just repeats it.

It's possible Dave might want something to back it up with, but if they can only get the rights to S3 onwards then I can't see anybody acquiring it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suits premières on Dave. Watch just repeats it.

It's possible Dave might want something to back it up with, but if they can only get the rights to S3 onwards then I can't see anybody acquiring it.

Heh .. you know I meant Dave :)

I suppose it depends if it's going cheaply, but then since it's recently been renewed for a 4th season, it might be too 'current' for the price to be worthwhile.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be honest, F&B is ok but I think The Defenders was far superior.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’ve seen the first few episodes of season 3, it’s on really good form so it’s a shame E4 dropped it. To be honest it’s better than a lot of the programmes on E4, I can only assume it cost a bit to get the rights too.
    As has been said above, I’m sure it’ll turn up somewhere eventually, but it might take a while if the current asking price is a bit high.

I doubt Dave will pick it up, I know Suits has been a success for them but Franklin and Bash would be a just a bit too similar in my opinion, which is a shame as I actually think it’s a better programme as a whole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bit of a mega-bump, but entirely relevant ..

Season 3 starts next Thursday night on Sony TV at 10pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    This is a bit of a mega-bump, but entirely relevant ..

Season 3 starts next Thursday night on Sony TV at 10pm.

It's not bumping if the contents is relevant, it's only bumping if the post has very little content and is being done for attention...
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming up shortly. Will be the first thing I've watched on Sony. :)
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite enjoyed it. Not sure about the introduction of Heather Locklear's character though.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having seen season 3 I think its a very good season. I'm hoping Sony TV pick up and show season 4 soon afterwards.