Christine Bleakley’s Income increase

occyoccy Posts: 64,953
Forum Member
✭✭
Christine Bleakley’s income has increased since leaving Daybreak. I haven't seen her on TV, but she's been doing after dinner speeches etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2257852/Christine-Bleakley-Dancing-Ice-presenters-income-increased-tenfold-year.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ''After dinner speaking''?

What could she do a speech on that could be of any interest?
    Bland and boring is what she is. Perhaps Frank Lampard's topping up her income/shopping budget?
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Worth £2m?! Shows that there's still plenty of dosh in the country.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Only in Text Santa and DOI, so that Dec, Jan and Feb....?
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Whatever she is doing she is clearly overpaid in relation to the "talent" she possesses
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Whatever she is doing she is clearly overpaid in relation to the "talent" she possesses

It shows on Dancing On Ice with the false smile. :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I think she is being paid like everyone other person would be, if they were to do her job. I also don't get the dislike for her, she really hasn't done anything to deserve it, or am I missing something?
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV have probably just been paying her £3m fee in installments rather than a lump sum at the start of her contract. Her contract is up this year, will be interesting to see if it gets renewed and at what value.

And ultimately its none of our business. If it was on the BBC then perhaps there would be a case to know.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paying ridiculous amounts to 'talent' like her, no wonder ITV programming is so cheap & poor
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must have been smart and invested the money. It's what I would have done. I can't see her being in high demand after Daybreak and DOI where she's not really shined. Personally, I think her 15 mins are coming to an end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't think she is someone who has worked off the back of "15 minutes". She's worked in the industry since she left school. She gets knocked for being a WAG, um hello? She earns her own money.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I might die of shock downton fan but I 100% agree with you:D

I don't mind her at all - there are far worse bland non entities out there *cough Myleene Klass* and she's only paid what market conditions determine. Her and Frank seem very genuine as well. She seems like a grafter.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she is awful, awful, awful!!! I honestly can't bear the woman.
  • Colin HuntColin Hunt Posts: 141
    Forum Member

Me neither. I wouldn't pay her in washers.
    I've never understood her popularity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to produce a mini Lampard then her current wealth will seem like small change.:D
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin Hunt wrote: »
    Me neither. I wouldn't pay her in washers.
    I've never understood her popularity.

LOL! :D

Love your screen name - makes me think of this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rj1SFtxRTg
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    She is the breadwinner at the moment.

She and Frank should try starting their own football team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She could say the same about you because she don't know you and would only see what drivel you come out with on a forum. But I'd like to think she's better than that.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say good luck to her.. If they want to pay her rediculous money ..she would be stupid not to take it... I know I would
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How she makes her money eg after dinner speeches etc is no-one else' s business but her own. I know people say they don't like her but it amazes me how much interest there is in her. . I think she would have an interesting story to tell for an after dinner speech because she has experienced the ups and downs of the business and wasn't from a showbiz or stageschool background. She got her big break on the One Show long before she met her footballer boyfriend.
    Say what you like about her but she is richer and smarter than you who have left petty comments above.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katkim wrote: »
    She must have been smart and invested the money. It's what I would have done. I can't see her being in high demand after Daybreak and DOI where she's not really shined. Personally, I think her 15 mins are coming to an end.

I don't think it is. I think she'll end up back on the BBC by the end of the year, when her ITV contract is up. It will be of much lower value or even freelance, but I really can't see ITV renewing her contract because she hasn't done much for them. She might be able to keep hold of Dancing on Ice if shes lucky, but if The Voice takes another nosedive or is cancelled by the BBC, Holly will be back on DOI next year no ifs or buts about it.
    tobi wrote: »
    How she makes her money eg after dinner speeches etc is no-one else' s business but her own. I know people say they don't like her but it amazes me how much interest there is in her. . I think she would have an interesting story to tell for an after dinner speech because she has experienced the ups and downs of the business and wasn't from a showbiz or stageschool background. She got her big break on the One Show long before she met her footballer boyfriend.
    Say what you like about her but she is richer and smarter than you who have left petty comments above.

I don't understand the level of hatred she generates either. I will admit it was a bit of a bizarre signing but I quite liked her on Daybreak and funnily enough, that particular era of Daybreak is the most watched. Each revamp has seen figures tumble further.

I also think she made a very clever decision to move to ITV in the first place. TV is extremely fickle and all presenters except very few have a limited shelf life. She could have continued to plod along on The One Show earning £100,000 a year, or could have done what she did and moved to ITV for a few million. She has earned more at ITV in the last 2 and a half years than she would in her entire lifetime at the BBC. People also know who she is now, whereas if she went for the safer option and stayed at the BBC noone would be any the wiser and the minute The One Show was cancelled or fancied a revamp, it was all over for her.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »

Very true.

I don't get the hate for her. She seems quite harmless, isn't as bad presenter as people make her out to be. There are tons of reports of her being friendly and lovely when people meet her. I don't get why she gets people's blood boiling.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think those that dismiss her in such sneering terms are just envious of her success. I don't care for her much as a presenter but when I have seen her, she's always come across as nice, down to earth and professional. If people want to pay her for after-dinner speaking, then she plainly has lots to offer. Which clearly enrages some people! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with her, can't fathom why others do
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think those that dismiss her in such sneering terms are just envious of her success. I don't care for her much as a presenter but when I have seen her, she's always come across as nice, down to earth and professional. If people want to pay her for after-dinner speaking, then she plainly has lots to offer. Which clearly enrages some people! ;)

I like her - but I wouldn't say that people who criticise her are necessarily 'envious'. It's a bit too similar to the 'jealousy' argument. I can see why some people find her a bit bland, but as I say, I like her and I think fair play to her.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I don't think it is. I think she'll end up back on the BBC by the end of the year, when her ITV contract is up. It will be of much lower value or even freelance, but I really can't see ITV renewing her contract because she hasn't done much for them. She might be able to keep hold of Dancing on Ice if shes lucky, but if The Voice takes another nosedive or is cancelled by the BBC, Holly will be back on DOI next year no ifs or buts about it.

I don't understand the level of hatred she generates either. I will admit it was a bit of a bizarre signing but I quite liked her on Daybreak and funnily enough, that particular era of Daybreak is the most watched. Each revamp has seen figures tumble further.

I also think she made a very clever decision to move to ITV in the first place. TV is extremely fickle and all presenters except very few have a limited shelf life. She could have continued to plod along on The One Show earning £100,000 a year, or could have done what she did and moved to ITV for a few million. She has earned more at ITV in the last 2 and a half years than she would in her entire lifetime at the BBC. People also know who she is now, whereas if she went for the safer option and stayed at the BBC noone would be any the wiser and the minute The One Show was cancelled or fancied a revamp, it was all over for her.

Indeed, the audience for the One Show are an older audience. Many young people still don't know who Alex Jones is although now she has been presenting for two years. Christine is now well known by a younger and older audience. They may not all like her but they know who she is. I also think that the One Show's days are numbered. It is beginning to get tedious and Celebrity Mastermind rated strongly in its spot over the holidays.