Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014)

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
Official Trailer here!

Wow, looks bloody awesome! Falcon! Love that ending!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks fantastic, bring it on :)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    That looks brilliant. And it has the Falcon, minus that horrible Village People outfit he
    wore in the comics!

No sign of Sharon Carter- is the Black Widow gonna be Cap's love interest here?
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Falcon looks great! Love Widow's new look too!

Excited. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks brilliant. And it has the Falcon, minus that horrible Village People outfit he
    wore in the comics!

No sign of Sharon Carter- is the Black Widow gonna be Cap's love interest here?

Honestly no idea, be interesting to see where they go with that.

While it looks good, on first glance it does looks more like an Avengers Lite film with fury, widow etc in there than a full blown Captain America movie.

We shall see.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I thought the Captain America 2 trailer looked quite good but it looks like it will be quite different to the original.Loved the bit with the lift and the end but with the winter solider catching his shield!

Although it does look a bit like the big screen version of Agents Of SHIELD!
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks better than the first movie, which is a plus point. I do wish though that he didn't have any back-up, and had to deal with situations on his own because he doesn't get to show off his tacticals skills much.

I'm also hoping there is a subplot about the super solider serum in the 21st Century. Maybe Black Cat!
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    New, improved Captain America. With added Robert Redford.

It does look better than the first (no dance numbers perhaps), but that's some slightly horrid colour grading they've got going on.

Not as bad as A Good Day to Die Hard though - the current benchmark for over-filtered awfulness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    It looks really good, most definetly worth a trip to the cinema for.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking cracking. Can't wait for this one.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly does look good.

I'm sure I heard it was going to be set in 1940s, but that obviously wasn't true.

Roll on 2014.
    Forum Member
    I don't know where you heard it would be set in the 40s maybe you got it confused with the Agent Carter one shot on the Iron Man 3 Blu Ray!

It's rumored that we will get Captain America Winter Soilder on the 28th March ahead of the US release!
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I don't know where you heard it would be set in the 40s maybe you got it confused with the Agent Carter one shot on the Iron Man 3 Blu Ray!

It's rumored that we will get Captain America Winter Soilder on the 28th March ahead of the US release!

Speaking of Agent Carter, Hayley Atwell is going to appear
    in the film. An aged Peggy meets up with Steve? Get the
    hankies ready :cry: ....
    Forum Member
    From what I've read Hayley Atwell won't be in Winter Solider but you never know!
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    From what I've read Hayley Atwell won't be in Winter Solider but you never know!

There's rumours of a scene shot with her for the first
    one that will be shown in "Winter Soldier" as a flashback...
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gotta be better than lacklustre original

will avoid trailer though like i have for thor.
    Forum Member
    The Super Bowl Captain America 2 trailer is online and it does look really good!

Less than two months till its out in the UK!
    Forum Member
    There are lots of trailers and TV spots online for Captain America 2 but I've tended to avoid them as I don't want to spoilt too much before I see the film!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    gotta be better than lacklustre original

will avoid trailer though like i have for thor.

The first was ok, the origin was interesting but then came the really weak action sequences.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extended scene from Cap plus a slightly different trailer afterwards. God I cannot wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-xjmJl-bI
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait for this film & seeing as it is getting a midnight screening at my local Imax on the 26th March, it would be rude not to take advantage of the superior screen, superior sound & no teenagers yapping through it. Yes I know it means I will be leaving the cinema at gone 2am Wed morning, but it has to be done. :D
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just home from one of the regional premieres taking place across the UK tonight.

Outstanding. The film is simply brilliant. It doesn't hang around in getting started and then doesn't stop for over 2hrs. Full of twists and turns that keep you guessing, it sets up the rest of MCU phase 2 with many questions left unanswered.

Although it is an extremely violent movie. A few kids near us were taken out about 25mins in. I was taken back by how much violence was in it for a Marvel film. I can see this being one of those films which parents complain about for being a 12A.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah , it's good fun , keeps moving , lots of action , at times its like a 70s conspiracy thriller , then it's like james bond , thunderbirds etc.

one problem I had is with the villain's plot
    what is it ? he seems to be planning on killing 20 million people , but I couldn't understand how he was gonna choose which people to kill etc.
  • MarakaerMarakaer Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to one of the London press screenings yesterday morning and have published my review of the film, which I thought was great!

"At times almost breathlessly entertaining and boasting an intelligent, twisting narrative peppered with terrific action and continually well realised characters, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is another class act outing from Marvel studios, and is in many ways their strongest film yet. You'll want to be familiar with at least the original Captain America as well as The Avengers to get full mileage here, but even those who aren't will find a surprisingly mature and confident thriller wrapped in plenty of superhero spectacle and excitement as well as that quintessential Marvel ingredient: Fun."

Here's a link to the full review if anybody wants to read it:

[URL="CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Film Review"]http://www.wtfoosh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/captain-america-winter-soldier-film.html[/URL]
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this I read the events of the film will impact on agents of sheild can't wait
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    How does it set up the rest of phase 2