Orange is the New Black - Season 1 (Netflix July 11th)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Orange Is the New Black is an American Netflix original comedy-drama series,[2] created by Jenji Kohan and will be produced by Lionsgate Television. It is based on Piper Kerman's memoir Orange Is The New Black: My Year In a Women's Prison.[3] The series will premiere on July 11, 2013.[1]

Cannot wait for this :D

Comments

• DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good, I'm liking these netflix exclusives :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like a great replacement for Weeds...and it also looks like the best Netflix original yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer it looked pretty funny with a hint of seriousness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »
    I saw the trailer it looked pretty funny with a hint of seriousness.
    I agree..

I wonder though, if this will finally be Netflix's underpreformer?

They had huge success with House of Cards, A D, and Hemlock Grove...with two of them getting second seasons, and A D in negotiations for more...

Hopefully it will do well too
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it. I loved Weeds, and Laura Prepon has died her hair red again, which is a massive bonus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    I agree..

I wonder though, if this will finally be Netflix's underpreformer?

They had huge success with House of Cards, A D, and Hemlock Grove...with two of them getting second seasons, and A D in negotiations for more...

Hopefully it will do well too

I'm just glad netlfix bought back the killing one of my favourite shows of all time.

I just want to get into a new series and I hope orange is the new black will be a decent show or at least watchable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it. I loved Weeds, and Laura Prepon has died her hair red again, which is a massive bonus.
    I didn't realize she was in this :)

BONUS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad netlfix bought back the killing one of my favourite shows of all time.

I just want to get into a new series and I hope orange is the new black will be a decent show or at least watchable.
    It's getting early buzz I see
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY Great News...

Ahead of the season launch on July 11th, Netflix has renewed Orange is the New Black for a second season of 13 episodes, to air in 2014:)

Must have faith in this one, first Netflix original to get renewed before the premiere
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 days :)
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 days :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Day :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the episodes are uploaded excited to watch the first episode :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the episodes are uploaded excited to watch the first episode :D.

Great:D

I won't be starting till late tonight, but I just had a quick look on metacritic and its getting great reviews...

Orange is the New Black: 82/100
    House of Cards: 76/100
    Hemlock Grove 44/100

So its the best reviewed Netflix original so far..
  • Katia_StormKatia_Storm Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it so far. Nearly at the end of the first episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the first episode.....Great to see so many well known faces

It was probably better then I expected. Going to do 1 episode per night/or every 2 nights so I dont get sick of it

Pilot 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed it. A pleasant surprise. Kate Mulgrew was unexpectedly excellent in the second episode (I was never a fan of hers in Star Trek Voyager).

I'll definitely be watching the rest :)
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I somehow managed to miss any promotion for this show, so it's a nice surprise that there is a new, very well rated original series waiting for me on Netflix. It sounds like something I'd like from what I've read.
  • scotty2oo6scotty2oo6 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I watched the first 4 episodes last night and thought it was fantastic, its my new favourite show which has suprised me after the disaster that was hemlock grove
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was excellent too. The first episode wasn't the best but it picked up a lot it the second, great acting all round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cast is absolutely brilliant!

It was probably an obvious plot development but I got a surprise when Laura Prepon showed up in the prison at the end of episode 1...

Really has a very strong cast and I hope all the inmates introduced in episode one are the major players for the whole season.

Going to watch episode 2 now :D

Also, Great news about season 2:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 done...the ending made me laugh :D

I really don't want to breeze through this but after 2 episodes I can safely say that its fast becoming one of the best shows i've watched this year.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've watched the first three and am really liking it so far. Great cast. Kate Mulgrew is almost unrecognisable! I love 'Crazy Eyes'.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started episode 5. This has to be my favourite Netflix Original after House of Cards, its brilliant. Glad they went to an hour format rather than half hour like Kohan's Weeds.

Not sure whether to spread out the viewing or just watch them all in the next couple of days!

If your a fan of the show then watch Weeds (created by the same person) its first three seasons are very good then it starts to go downhill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started episode 5. This has to be my favourite Netflix Original after House of Cards, its brilliant. Glad they went to an hour format rather than half hour like Kohan's Weeds.

Not sure whether to spread out the viewing or just watch them all in the next couple of days!

If your a fan of the show then watch Weeds (created by the same person) its first three seasons are very good then it starts to go downhill.
    I agree season 1-3 of Weeds is best...but all in all I enjoyed all 8 seasons, and I'm missing it this summer.

I also agree that OitNB is VERY Weeds