Belle Dingle - Looks Too Young For Her Age

sconescone Posts: 14,850
Forum Member
✭✭
I have seen pictures of this actress where she is all glammed up like a grown up and one can't help but wonder if she has actually asked for this storyline herself just so she can start wearing makeup as she appears to do in real life.

I'm at a loss as to why this actress replaced the old Belle who would probably look the age she's supposed to now rather than an American beauty pageant kid, it makes it unrealistic in my opinion.

And furthermore
Lisa and Zac find risque photos of Belle on her phone

Thank God I always watch this programme on catchup so I can forward it, it's just ridiculous. 13 year old girls who wear make up do not look like 10 year olds, that horrible kid in Coronation Street looks older.

Who on earth wants to watch this shite other than paedos

Comments

• Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belle is 14 and Eden, the actress who plays her, is 15.

I'm hoping the taking 'model posing' photos on her mobile is going to lead to a storyline highlighting the risks of posting provocative photos of yourself (especially when your under 16) on the Internet. At least I presume that this is where it's leading to.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the actress was about the same age as the character, makes a change from them being a lot older.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belle is 14 and Eden, the actress who plays her is 15.

I'm hoping the taking 'model posing' photos on her mobile is going to lead to a storyline highlighting the risks of posting provocative photos of yourself (especially when your under 16) on the Internet. At least I presume that this is where it's leading to.

She doesn't look 15 at all, even with make up. Maybe in my neck of the woods a 15 year old looks a lot older than everywhere else, but she just looks too bloody young, which makes this storyline ridiculous
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teenage girl in looking like a drag act shocker! Girls are always a bit heavy handed with the make-up when they start wearing it :D

AFAIK the actress who plays Belle is the same age as her character and has been in the role for nearly 8 years. I can't even remember what the old Belle looked like let alone imagine what she looks like now and make a judgement on how old she looks.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    She doesn't look 15 at all, even with make up. Maybe in my neck of the woods a 15 year old looks a lot older than everywhere else, but she just looks too bloody young, which makes this storyline ridiculous

She is 15 though so it doesn't really make the storyline ridiculous. All 15 years olds look different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Teenage girl in looking like a drag act shocker! Girls are always a bit heavy handed with the make-up when they start wearing it :D

I disagree some girls look 18 plus and get into nightclubs at the age of 15, Belle would never pass for an adult and this is a fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    She is 15 though so it doesn't really make the storyline ridiculous. All 15 years olds look different.

Yeah some look like they are ten years old like Eden Taylor Curtains
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree some girls look 18 plus and get into nightclubs at the age of 15, Belle would never pass for an adult and this is a fact.

No, she wouldn't. but lots of teenage girls actually look their age, just as lots of 18 year olds look younger, and get id'd. Make up doesn't always make kids look older or more sophisticated - you have to be good at applying it to do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No she wouldn't pass as an adult because she isn't an adult :confused:

Some girls look older than their age and some look younger. It is a fact that the actress and character are very close in age so I don't see how the actress can be unrealistic for playing a character of the same age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought girls that age watch Emmerdale so who is it sending the message to? Most girls that age watch Eastenders and Hollyoaks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'm glad that they're doing this story, although I do find it uncomfortable viewing. I think it highlights the pressure and risks to lots of teenage girls these days. I don't normally like 'issue' storylines, but this is a good one.

I think its uncomfortable because we don't usually see this 'teen transformation' in soaps. One day they'll be a young freshfaced kid and then get sent to their room and come back down 5 years older with flawless hair and make-up and worldly wise :D
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought girls that age watch Emmerdale so who is it sending the message to? Most girls that age watch Eastenders and Hollyoaks

This is just an assumption on your part. Find some hard evidence about this and what you say might stand up. As it is, well .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Parents? This is what your teen girl really gets up to and the trouble she could land herself in if you don't educate her to the dangers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    This is just an assumption on your part. Find some hard evidence about this and what you say might stand up. As it is, well .....

No girls I know of that age watch Emmerdale, it's not just an assumption, i have a very large family and extended family and none of the girls watch Emmerdale, so as it is, well... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't have thought that Emmerdale is popular with teenage girls either. I for one am quite concerned at the issues and risks facing teenage girls today - I think they are under a lot more pressure to be 'sexy' than they ever were, and a lot more risk because of this, and I think Emmerdale are quite doing well to highlight this serious problem, especially with a character who has grown up on the show. It would be less believable if they didn't have at least one teen going down this route - Scarlett, Amy and the Barton girls didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame all this new-fangled music like this pop factor malarkey - or whatever the blazes it is these kids listen to nowadays.

(on their hot-pods usually, or whatever the devil they're called)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought that Emmerdale is popular with teenage girls either. I for one am quite concerned at the issues and risks facing teenage girls today - I think they are under a lot more pressure to be 'sexy' than they ever were, and a lot more risk because of this, and I think Emmerdale are quite doing well to highlight this serious problem, especially with a character who has grown up on the show. It would be less believable if they didn't have at least one teen going down this route - Scarlett, Amy and the Barton girls didn't.

That is a good point, but I just can't watch it because I know it is gearing up to something horrible and the actress looks far too young to have anything bad happen to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame all this new-fangled music like this pop factor malarkey - or whatever the blazes it is these kids listen to nowadays.

:D:D:DYes, it's the evil influence of popular music. Look how many years Tracy Barlow spent 'listening to her tapes.' Combine this with Zak's skill with a tyre iron, and we should fear for any young man who mistreats our Belle!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a good point, but I just can't watch it because I know it is gearing up to something horrible and the actress looks far too young to have anything bad happen to her.

I know. I fear that there is going to be a horrible outcome for poor wee Belle.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread amuses me but the OP's rudeness does not. :(
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know. I long for those innocent days gone by when we all stacked up our Dansettes with the likes of 'Je t'aime, moi non plus', 'Let's spend the night together' and 'Love to love you Baby'. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread amuses me but the OP's rudeness does not. :(

So its OK for someone to have an opinion and have everyone against that opinion and not be a tad frustrated by this. I'm glad you find me rude, your comment adds nothing to this topic. Rude enough for you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you need to be so rude to other posters?

I speak as I find
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I speak as I find

Yes, but you can express your opinion, and have a debate (and differences of opinion) without being rude and using insulting terms which you were doing earlier in the thread. I often disagree with other posters, but I'm still civil and respectful to them. You can be passionate without being rude to others. And yes, in a real conversation, I would have said the same to anyone who was using the terms you did earlier on.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    You both are correct, but the actress just looks too young and I don't like watching it, I feel it's leading up to something terrible and I don't really like it.

I agree with you. I cannot believe she is 15 - she looks more like 10 or 11.
    When I was 15, many many years ago I looked a lot older than her and I started my first job after leaving school at the age of 15 years and 4 months!