Download films

wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,959
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can someone recommend a memory stick to transfere movies from computer and be able to use in my tv and where I can purchase from.
Thankyou

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wacky joe wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a memory stick to transfere movies from computer and be able to use in my tv and where I can purchase from.
    Thankyou
    What's the make/model of your TV?
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony bravia jfk32ex402
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou

Any should work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony bravia jfk32ex402

I can't find anything on the number you provided. I wanted to check the specs of the TV to see what it says. Your manual should have the information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can u give mě an example Darknight.
    Thats all the info i have on my tv,sorry
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it just uses standard USB memory sticks, they're all compatible in my experience. Likely the TV just uses USB 2 FAT32 formatted standard USB pensticks, just buy any well known brand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean KDL-32EX402 yes?

Only hard drives and flash drives formatted to FAT32 are recognised, which means that only files under 4 GB in size can be played. In any case, video playback is limited to SD DivX files as there's no support for HD DivX.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandisk cruiser. Never had one fail on me yet. As mentioned make sure you format as FAT32.

Freemake video converter is pretty good for converting your movies to xvid. You can also set a target file size in there to make sure the movies are small enough to play back correctly.
  • LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't bother, I'd get one of these instead. Just got one and the missus LOVES it. Just share your stuff on your Windows 7 machine, set up the shared folder in the device, and play it across your network.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-Live-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005NYOKC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358985234&sr=8-1

Plays all manner of audio and video (of course not iTunes DRM stuff), plays downloaded movies, DivX/Xvid, even HD stuff like x264. Best $100 I ever spent.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Just grab yourself one of these -

http://www.maplin.co.uk/16gb-usb-flash-drive-509296

£12.99 (was actually only a tenner in my local one)
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got one of these - 64GB for £21 inc p&p for my Cyclone media player. That does support NTFS however.