Ever Meet A Famous Singer & What Were They Like!?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well... Did You?

Discuss :)

Comments

• XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Lulu. She was really down to earth and lovely. Only ever met X Factor contestants after that. All lovely besides one from Liverpool who I shan't mention, absolute horrible rude DIVA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the Grammys this year so I met a few. Nicki Minaj is bat shit crazy and Adele is sweet as pie.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Alexandra Burke backstage at her tour. She is so so nice and has a lot of time for her fans. Her laugh is really loud though.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Nicola Roberts. She was how I was expected her to be, sweet and fairly quiet.
    I've met Lulu. She was really down to earth and lovely. Only ever met X Factor contestants after that. All lovely besides one from Liverpool who I shan't mention, absolute horrible rude DIVA.

Marcus Collins?
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Met Ian Brown (Stone Roses) in a club once. He was rather drunk. :D
  • wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Joe Longthorne a few times.
    A really nice person.
    Freddie Starr also was really chatty.
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    LIGHTS

I haven't met any other celebrities so I have no basis for comparison but I met LIGHTS earlier this year after seeing her in concert. It was raining and around 1AM but she was really nice and so sweet, she spent quite a while talking with fans, taking pictures, signing things, she even filmed a video message for somebody who couldn't make it to the show.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Gary Numan, several times, seen him live in concert 82 times

Met him at signings, meet and greets and after gigs, what a lovely lovely guy, always has time for his fans, never refuses autographs

Adam Ant - 1995 - Lovely, was looking through my Adam and the ants annual I took along for him to sign

Kajagoogoo - met the guys loads in 2009 after following them on tour, saying hi to them after gigs, having photos taken etc, nice guys
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ What toyotacity said. Gary Numan=a lovely man. :)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    I went to the Grammys this year so I met a few. Nicki Minaj is bat shit crazy and Adele is sweet as pie.

So jealous! What was it like? What happened? What did you do?
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I've met Nicola Roberts. She was how I was expected her to be, sweet and fairly quiet.

Marcus Collins?

Nope!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So jealous! What was it like? What happened? What did you do?

It was really fun. My best friend won tickets and I already live in California so we went. I live in NorCal so it was only about a 30 minute plane ride the day before and we just hung out around LA for a day. It was really strange because we were literally in front of the hotel Whitney Houston died in when she died. We had no idea, but then someone came and told us and we were completely shocked.

Anyway, we were on the red carpet on the end after they all come in and right before we all go inside so quite a few of them stopped to sign autographs and talk. Kathy Griffin came by quite a few times in different outfits. But yea, like I said. Nicki Minaj is bat shit crazy. Something about her is just really strange. I think it might be because she was in character that night for equally as psychotic performance, but it was bizarre. Me and my friend even made it in the Yahoo article about it. :) It was a really awesome night. We were there for like 8 hours, though. Then the next day we went back home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Alexandra Burke & found her to be rude!!
    We were backstage ... I asked for a quick pic & she just f**cked off into her tour bus!..
    Btw- there wasn't that many people around either so it's not as if she was bombarded with fans!
    That was back in the day when "All Night Long" was a hit!
    Perhaps she's changed her ways now that she's flopped!!

The nicest person I've ever met was without a doubt Marina & The Diamonds!!!!!!!!
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Diana Vickers after a gig and she was lovely and absolutely BEAUTIFUL in the flesh.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KT Tunstall,Amy Macdonald and Taylor Swift are all lovely and friendly but Sheryl Crow just walked straight past and ignored my request for an autograph.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saturdays were all very friendly and down to earth when I met them.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Met Heidi and Keisha from Sugababes back in 2009, Heidi was lovely and spent time with my little sister, Keisha seemed to be in a world of her own but wasn't rude and eventually had pictures..

Also met Tom, Nathan and Max from The Wanted in London.. I expected Tom and Max to be mouthy idiots but were the complete opposite, happy to talk for quite a while and Nathan, I wanted to speak to but I just fell to pieces, Kind of weird at my age but he does strange things to me :P
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have met Alexandra Burke about four times. From when she was just starting out, to her tour. Each time she was lovely and had so much time for her fans...not just signing autographs but also talking to them individually for a decent amount of time. There were quite a lot of fans there one particular time, but she still spent ages talking and signing things.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i met Chuck Berry when he did a concert at Brentwood in the 90s he was approachable and even signed my programme.

But somebody tried videoing the concert on a recorder he went mad at the gig and would not carry on until the video camera had been confiscated.:)
  • Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Florence Welch from Florence and the machine. She s really nice, friendly and fun!
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McFly 4 times very quickly. Danny is probably the nicest from what I've seen but also not the sharpest too in the box.
    Billie Piper at a book signing - She was lovely and paid me a compliment on my height.
    Geri Halliwell at a book signing - Was underwhelmed by her. Wasn't what I expected, considering I loved the Spice Girls when I was younger, and hardly paid attention to us. Still got a lovely photo with her though.
    Olly Murs - Really down to earth and friendly. Took a photo with me even though he wasn't meant to as we were in a TV studio.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyotacity wrote: »
    Met Gary Numan, several times, seen him live in concert 82 times

Met him at signings, meet and greets and after gigs, what a lovely lovely guy, always has time for his fans, never refuses autographs

I met stuart adamson of big country, and the other band member, just like gary numan, stuart always had time for the fans, before the show, and after

He would spend a good half hour before the show, usualy round 3pm taalking to the fans, telling them what he has been up to

Even met hima few times at autogrpahing session, like when a new album is released, and done with in hmv

And today is his 11 annivesary

16 Dec 2001
    Stuart, your soley misssed by all of us
    RIP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I met Posh Spice in a restaurant I and my mum were at. All the diners had the chance to say hello and I have to say she was wonderful. This was at the height of the Spice Girls. The funny thing was that I was awestruck and just said "Victoria I think you are lovely... this is my mum".. My mum was so funny and ended up having a long chat about how girl groups have to set an example to young girls - I was sooo embarassed. But my mum got a kiss and handshake from her. We had photos - I think I have the only two photos where she is smiling! She totally surprised me and ever since then I've loved her!

A year later I won an internet competition to meet Emma Bunton in London and she was great too. We had a chat about music and girl groups. There was about 20 winners and she spent time with everyone. She was absolutely lovely. I thought I was on a roll and that I would meet a spice girl every year..but alas no - only Posh and Baby!

I also met a canadian celtic/world singer called Loreena McKennit - I was working in the merchandise stall voluntarily and she came to say thanks. She was lovely too. We had a chat about music but I was so tongue tied!! Anyway she was lovely too.

A few months ago I met John Taylor from Duran Duran at a book signing - I went with my sister who is a massive fan. I have to say he was a gent and so down to earth.

BUT my icing on the cake was...... Bananarama!! I met them twice - the first time in 2003 where I was with my friends who shouted out that I loved them so they said bring him backstage.. They were absolutely fantastic and posed for pics and autographs. Then they came out and did a full-on signing for the crowd so I decided to see them again and have more pics.

The second time I met them was in 2008 at a Pinktober charity event in London. After their set they went to the VIP section so I and my mates just hung around the entrance and waited... They came out to meet fans, sign autographs and pose for pics.. I loved them even more after that!
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    uzzybuzzy wrote: »
    McFly 4 times very quickly. Danny is probably the nicest from what I've seen but also not the sharpest too in the box.
    Billie Piper at a book signing - She was lovely and paid me a compliment on my height.
    Geri Halliwell at a book signing - Was underwhelmed by her. Wasn't what I expected, considering I loved the Spice Girls when I was younger, and hardly paid attention to us. Still got a lovely photo with her though.
    Olly Murs - Really down to earth and friendly. Took a photo with me even though he wasn't meant to as we were in a TV studio.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.

I've met McFly several times too (At signings)
    They are lovely, but the second time I met them, I heard Danny commenting to Dougie how fit my friend who I'd gone with was! I was so heartbroken at the time because they are my absolute favourite band, and she wasn't really as into them, she'd just come with me - And was mad they'd noticed her and not me!

That was quite some years ago mind, I've got over it now I still love them!
    Met them since at a signing, and they are just lovely, I know you don't get much time with them, but they really are just funny, genuine guys
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met a few X factor contestants last year- Misha B was a real gem, very friendly, whereas Marcus Collins was a real diva. He didn't engage with any fans and seemed to really fancy himself. A few of my friends have had similar experiences with him.

Also met Idina Menzel in New York and she was lovely