How to control the DVD section of a TV with built in DVD with universal remote?

I have got this second hand TV with built in DVD, it doesn't have a remote but I have a universal remote, so linked the TV with the universal remote but I having trouble linking the DVD section of TV with the universal remote.

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,329
    Forum Member
    Very often you can't work Combi's at all from a Universal remote, because they don't use TV codes, so I think you're doing pretty well to be controlling the TV at all.

Doesn't the remote manufacturer list that make/model?.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,443
    Forum Member
    Very often you can't work Combi's at all from a Universal remote, because they don't use TV codes, so I think you're doing pretty well to be controlling the TV at all.

Doesn't the remote manufacturer list that make/model?.

The problem is I don't even know what the model/make of this TV is.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    The problem is I don't even know what the model/make of this TV is.
    Should be a label on the back giving all that info. Unless someone has torn it off.
  • flashman1flashman1 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Presumably your remote is not a learning remote ?
    If it is then you should be able to copy the right commands from the genuine remote to the universal.
    My Logitech remote sometimes does not have the commands in their database so it copies them while the remote is connected to the PC
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Should be a label on the back giving all that info. Unless someone has torn it off.

Thanks I did look at the back of the TV and it did have label.
    Forum Member
    flashman1 wrote: »
    Presumably your remote is not a learning remote ?
    If it is then you should be able to copy the right commands from the genuine remote to the universal.
    My Logitech remote sometimes does not have the commands in their database so it copies them while the remote is connected to the PC

I'm not sure, I just point the remote at the TV, press the on button for 5 minutes and then assumes all the commands. But didn't take the commands for the DVD.
  • flashman1flashman1 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure, I just point the remote at the TV, press the on button for 5 minutes and then assumes all the commands. But didn't take the commands for the DVD.

If your remote is not a learning remote the very least you need to do is find out the brand of the tv.
    What is the universal remote you have ?

On the actual tv remote are the dvd commands available from different buttons or do you have to change the remote from TV to DVD to start using the dvd section?
    Forum Member
    flashman1 wrote: »
    If your remote is not a learning remote the very least you need to do is find out the brand of the tv.
    What is the universal remote you have ?

On the actual tv remote are the dvd commands available from different buttons or do you have to change the remote from TV to DVD to start using the dvd section?

The brand of the TV is a Durabrand. The remote that I have is a . Bush 4 Way Replacement Remote Control.

The TV didn't come with a remote.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The brand of the TV is a Durabrand. The remote that I have is a . Bush 4 Way Replacement Remote Control.

And yes on the remote there are buttons were I can switch from TV to DVD so I can use the DVD section
    Thought you didn't have the original TV remote? Which is possibly what flashman1 was referring to.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Thought you didn't have the original TV remote? Which is possibly what flashman1 was referring to.

I'm sorry I read wrong but no I don't have the original TV remote.
  • misarmisar Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The TV didn't come with a remote.

Return the Bush remote if you can and try here:
    http://www.easyspares.co.uk/products.asp?c=3&c2=268
    Forum Member
    misar wrote: »
    Return the Bush remote if you can and try here:
    http://www.easyspares.co.uk/products.asp?c=3&c2=268

Thanks