Options

Singers who have surprised you

jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
Forum Member
✭✭
Not a Barbara Dickson fan, though know her from that Chess song and do like musicals. But...I caught her doing this song 'All The Pretty Little Horses' on iPlayer and blown away. Just her and double bass; absolutely beautiful and haunting. Could just listen to her singing that for hours :)

Anyone else been surprised to like something that's not their usual genre?

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Shakira singing in English. She does it very very well considering it's not her native tongue. A very big fan indeed.

Nicole Scherzinger not singing pop. It's very very interesting, pop doesn't bring out the true beauty of her voice at all.

Alexandra Burke singing Live and Let Die & On My Own too. I was quite impressed with the versatility of her voice, considering she's a soul singer at heart.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Shakira singing in English. She does it very very well considering it's not her native tongue. A very big fan indeed.
    I heard her sing before I heard her talk, and it is quite surprising. She's not that good speaking English, but singing it you'd think it was her native language.
    Nicole Scherzinger not singing pop. It's very very interesting, pop doesn't bring out the true beauty of her voice at all.
    Definitely. She's a terrific singer, I remember her performance of Phantom of the Opera.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Nicole Scherzinger really surprised me when she sang Phantom of the Opera...it was really like wow! I still can't believe why she isn't doing songs to bring out that quality in her voice? She's got much better vocals than Adele and Emeli, she deserves similar success to them as well.