Celebrity Autograph Thread?

2»

Comments

• sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    In ancient times (1940s) we kids used to write to Hollywood actors requesting their autographs, the film studios use to have a department setup for such requests and usually responded, but the envelope stamped `XXX Studio Hollywood` become more valued that any autograph

I wonder where I stand, then?

I had a letter from Charlton Heston, addressed to me at home, and signed by him, after a few lines of correspondence.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have some from when I was younger - some of the Casualty actors (which I seem to have lost :o We were 11 when a friend and I wrote to ask for Ian Kelsey's autograh, we were so ridiculously excited to get a signed photo back :D)

I also have Busted's autographs (from a relative of a colleague's of my mum's or something, never met them!), some of the guys from D-Side (Irish pop band for a little while), who were lovely, and the four McFly guys, back in 2004, who again were lovely. :)
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elton John - signed, unplayed LP - cos I don't like him - won it.
    Gary Linekar
    Frank Bruno
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Autographs we have in our house:

Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)
    Gary Speed
    Geoffrey from Rainbow :o:cool::D
    Max from Brookside :o
    A couple of other soap stars and some footballers

Members of my family have the Spice Girls autographs.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jose Mourinho :cool: (stamford bridge 2005)
    Dennis Wise :D (stamford bridge 1998)
    Andy Boy Simmonz (British pro wrestler) - (indie wrestling show 2005)
    Audley Harrison :o (book signing in bluewater 2001/02)
    Chris Eubank (shopping centre - it was a post card with his autograph printed on 1997)

That's all i can think of.
  • jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Paul and Linda McCartney from when Wings were on the go..
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjruss wrote: »
    Paul and Linda McCartney from when Wings were on the go..

which year was on the wings on the go?
  • HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Richie Wermerlling and Lee Murray (Ex Let Loose, they were really lovely)
    Robbie Williams on a brown paper bag
    Ex Man Utd player Andrei Kanchelskis
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    which year was on the wings on the go?

1972-79.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1972-79.

ok , were they any good?
  • golden raygolden ray Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I used to collect autographed pictures in the eighties.

The ones I treasure the most are the ones from

Paul Newman
    Shirley MacLaine
    Julie Walters
    Ryan O'Neal
    Valerie Harper
    Sophia Loren
    Tatum O'Neal

Plus many others..

Just about most of them were personally signed including all of the ones stated above.

The most recent one a letter from Ozzy Osbourne in 2003 and an autographed pic. That was in response to a get well soon card I sent after he broke his neck whilst riding a quad bike. I remember telling him not to ride again at a faster than speed of light--I was only joking as I wanted to cheer him up but I never expected a response and receiving an autographed gothic photo of him that made my day.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I've got Will Young's autograph on the programme for The Vortex with a message for me. I also have two letters from Gethin Jones and Joe McElderry's autograph to me personally.

Is Joe McElderry even a celebrity?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Arsenium (Moldovian singer)
    Ken Follett (author)
    Charlotte Riley

...eclectic mix! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Joe McElderry even a celebrity?

no but , a lot of people who go on the X factors now a days are known as celebrities afterwards.
  • Femme FataleFemme Fatale Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I just paid silly money for a Kate Bush autograph on eBay. I would never normally buy an autograph (David Bowie is the only other person I'd consider doing it for) - I'd rather meet the person too and have the autograph as a memory. Except I don't think I'll ever meet Kate Bush given how private she is, and she's one person who comes the closest thing I have to a celebrity idol. Although I don't think of her as a celeb - a huge part of her appeal that she's so un-celeb like.

It will look lovely in a frame and will become my most prized possession when I get it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just paid silly money for a Kate Bush autograph on eBay. I would never normally buy an autograph (David Bowie is the only other person I'd consider doing it for) - I'd rather meet the person too and have the autograph as a memory. Except I don't think I'll ever meet Kate Bush given how private she is, and she's one person who comes the closest thing I have to a celebrity idol. Although I don't think of her as a celeb - a huge part of her appeal that she's so un-celeb like.

It will look lovely in a frame and will become my most prized possession when I get it. :)

how much did you pay?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.fanmail.biz/ just discovered this site for stories about autographs.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher Reeve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got an autographed framed photos of 4 Bolton players which was bought at the Bolton club store.