Who Knows? (Doctor Who Panel Show) Episode 1

doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello and Welcome to the first episode of Who Knows? The panel show that combines the greatest show in the galaxy (see what I did there) Doctor Who with six forum members and a few quizzes, games and challenges!

In this episode we'll be playing games such as Who or False and Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey however more on those games later. We'll also be chatting about the recent rumours of the Missing Episodes aswell as discussing what we think to the recently announced Twelfth Doctor- Peter Capaldi!

However we wouldn't have a show if it wasn't for our teams s let's meet them!

TEAM TIME TRAVELLERS

Yes its team time travellers, the team that travel all over the universe throughout time and space occasionally getting lost! Let's meet their members:

Unfortunately in this game there's no things that involve ABBA however we're sure they'll hang up their dancing shoes just this once. It's dancing.queen

They're living the dream. No thats not right... they're living their ambitions. No I'm still not right. Ah...they're living their destiny... It's Living Destiny

And finally their team leader. Unfortunately they haven't come all the way from Colin Baker story Mindwarp even though they share the same name as a character from that story it's King Yrcanos

Now time to meet the other team it's DALEK DEFEATERS

They'll be an even bigger Doctor Who expert after this show it's Kyllerbuzcut

We saw Palm TREES in another Colin Baker story The Two Doctors however there's one person unfortunately we didn't see it's Palmerwho

And their team leader, they're username features my favourite ever doctor and the one I think is the best however will we think this team is the best after tonight's events, it's Dr2Pat

Let's go and meet them!

Teams can you confirm your presence! :)

Comments

• king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am present :)
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ready to play!
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Yes, I am here, thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi- I was constantly reloading the other thread for ages- expecting it to all start there lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Dalek Defeaters in the house!
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst we wait for our other participants let's just go over what happens.

Each episode five different rounds of quizzes, games and challenges based on Doctor Who will take place. Our two teams will be against each other for the whole of the episode and will be taking part in these challenges in order to build up points. Whichever team at the end of the episode has the most points will get 1 point added to their team leaders total. Then in a few episodes time we will find out the true whovian and this will be based on the person who's team has the highest number of points. Whilst team leaders stay on the same team each episode, our guests might not :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's feeling lonely on my team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're just waiting for dancing.queen and Living Destiny to join us then we can start.

In the meantime please introduce yourself tell us yor name, favourite doctor, episodes, companions, enemies etc :)
    Forum Member
    As team leader of the Dalek Defeaters, I just want to welcome you and good luck tonight team.
    Hi i'm Dr2Pat, and I've been a fan since 2005 as I wasn't around during the original series. Since then I have grown to love the show and gone back to watch most of the classic series episodes.
    For me choosing a favorite Doctor is tough as I think they all bring something unique to the role but if I had to say one I would have to say Matt Smith. I just think he's brilliant.
    Favorite Story would have to be The Caves of Androzani.
    Favorite Villain would have to be The Daleks and Davros.
    Favorite Companion Must be Ace because, just like me, she is a Charlton Athletic fan.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's feeling lonely on my team.

If worst comes to worst and nobody on your team turns up we will ask one member of the other team to join onto your team :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're just waiting for dancing.queen and Living Destiny to join us then we can start.

In the meantime please introduce yourself tell us yor name, favourite doctor, episodes, companions, enemies etc :)

I'm Kyllerbuzcut.

My favourite Doctor is a hard one, it;'s a bit like deciding which one of your children is the best :D

My favourite episode is quite hard too, but I'm plopping for The Wedding of River Song. Such a crazy, out there episode, which also had a plot line which allowed it .

I like Ace as a companion, although loads of them are great I just remember Ace from when I was growing up.

And Daleks- enough said :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try not to embarrass us lol

Hi folks, I'm Palmerwho.

Favourite Doctors include - 2, 5, 10 & 11 although that changes everytime a new Doctor debuts.
    Favourite episodes include - The Caves of Androzani, Utopia, The Pandorica Opens & The Name Of The Doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm King Yrcanos of the Krontep
    My favourite episodes are: The Seeds of Doom, The City of Death, The Robots of Death, Inferno, The War Games, Vincent and The Doctor, Warriors' Gate
    Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee and David Tennant follow
    Favourite Companion: Defintley Sarah Jane, then probably Jo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My name: Doctorwhofancal (also known as Callum or Cal)

Favourite Doctor: 2 (with 3,6 and 10 close behind)
    Favourite companion: love all of 2 and 3s companions
    Favourite episodes: Tomb of the cybermen; the mind robber, terror of the autons, curse of peladon, vengeance on varos and the stolen earth
    Favourite enemy: Cybermen any day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll give the others 10 minutes and then if not we'll start without them :)

Moving on from introductions. Recently there has been many rumours surrounding the missing episodes from Hartnell and Troughton claiming that some have been found. However which ones would you love to be found and no before you ask you can't say them all.. That would be everyone's answe :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Power of the Daleks if only one were to return. The first post regeneration episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah- Power of the Daleks would be a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Power of the Daleks would be a great one in fact I think most of Season 4 if not all of it sounds fantastic.

I for one would love Marco Polo, The Celestial Toymaker and The Macra Terror to be found I just think they all sound amazing
    Forum Member
    Oh I so hope the rumours are true, but not getting my hopes up too much. It's hard to choose. Theres the obvious ones like Tenth Planet 4 and Power of the Daleks, they would be amazing, but the one I would like to see, even before all these rumours started, is The Enemy of the World.
    I don't know too much about it but I would love to see how Patrick Troughton plays the two roles of The Doctor and Salamander. It's just an idea that's intriging to me and I would love to see it if possible, Here's hoping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    Oh I so hope the rumours are true, but not getting my hopes up too much. It's hard to choose. Theres the obvious ones like Tenth Planet 4 and Power of the Daleks, they would be amazing, but the one I would like to see, even before all these rumours started, is The Enemy of the World.
    I don't know too much about it but I would love to see how Patrick Troughton plays the two roles of The Doctor and Salamander. It's just an idea that's intriging to me and I would love to see it if possible, Here's hoping.

Ooh The Enemy Of The World would be a great one :)

In fact the other day I was talking to a friend of mine in his late 50s who remembers that one very well and said the last few minutes were amazing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid as we've been waiting over half an hour for them I'm going to have to ask one of the Dalek Defeaters to join King Yrcanos on his team for this episode. Luckily there are no challenges in this episode that involve three people so we can schedule around that :)
    Forum Member
    Ooh The Enemy Of The World would be a great one :)

In fact the other day I was talking to a friend of mine in his late 50s who remembers that one very well and said the last few minutes were amazing
    Well it's one that is among the 3 stories that have been supposedly found, so we'll see if it's true or not soon, I guess.
    Like I said not getting my hopes up too much, but what a 50th anniversary it would be if true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind what team I'm in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyllerbuzcut, would you prefer to stay of go?

I'm happy to go with your choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    Well it's one that is among the 3 stories that have been supposedly found, so we'll see if it's true or not soon, I guess.
    Like I said not getting my hopes up too much, but what a 50th anniversary it would be if true.

Definatley! Being on Twitter though I get sick of people saying 'there'll be an announcement at midnight' you stay up until midnight and then there's nothing