Confirmed: Most Haunted is Fake!!!!

Peggy-BitchelPeggy-Bitchel Posts: 1,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16303507%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=spooky%2dtruth%2d-name_page.html

oh god lord, this news has knocked me for 6 ! :eek:

28 October 2005
SPOOKY TRUTH
TV'S MOST HAUNTED CON EXPOSED TV medium 'faked' being possessed by dead jailer Producer hit soundman and pretended it was a ghost
By Matt Roper

THE TV show that has spooked millions with its footage of hauntings and poltergeists is today exposed as a fake - by one its own stars.

Resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe has sensationally lifted the lid on the ghosthunting series, Most Haunted ... and claims that the public are being deceived by "showmanship and dramatics."

He accuses the show's medium Derek Acorah of hoodwinking viewers by pretending to communicate with spirits and obtaining information about locations prior to filming.

The Mirror has also obtained unedited footage which appears to show presenter Yvette Fielding and her husband faking 'paranormal' occurrences such as ghostly bumps and knocks.

Most Haunted has quickly achieved cult status since it was launched in 2002 and is LivingTV's most successful programme.

Millions of viewers tune in regularly to watch Ex-Blue Peter girl Yvette and her team of ghost hunters spend the night in some of Britain's most haunted locations.

It has made Acorah - who claims to be guided by an Ethiopian spirit guide called Sam - into one of the country's best-known psychics.

Tonight the show will start its biggest ever live vigil, a four-night Halloween special from East London following the murderous trail of Jack the Ripper.

Yvette Fielding has said of the show - which is made by her husband Karl Beattie's production company Antix Productions: "There is no acting in this programme, none whatsoever. Everything you see and you hear is real. It's not made up, it's not acted."

But our investigation reveals how the programme uses careful editing to mislead viewers and, on at least one occasion, has even lied about the location of filming.

Ciaran, a lecturer in the paranormal at Liverpool's Hope University, knows speaking out will probably put an end to his media career... but he believes viewers should know the truth.

He says: "I think it's time to open the dialogue about what I've experienced on Most Haunted. There have been many incidents with the medium that have been brushed under the carpet.

"I was put in the show to give a professional slant to it, to give it an element of credibility, but the sceptical argument is just swept away.

"In my opinion, we're not dealing with genuine mediumship."

He says he isn't the only member of the crew who feels viewers are being cheated.

"Other crew members have been irked by Derek and what's going on, because it turns what should be a serious investigation into a laughing matter."

And our exclusive footage shows other members of the team occasionally forget they are on camera.

One of our clips, later edited out, shows Karl push an unwitting sound man in the dark and pretend it was a poltergeist attack.

In the remaining footage he says (after surreptitiously hitting the soundman): "S**t, did you feel that?"

Yvette: Are you all right? What's happened?

Karl: I felt something touch me on my shoulder.

Soundman: I felt something hit me.

And in another edited clip with medium Ian Lawman, Yvette is seen on camera making a deep sigh. In the scene that eventually went to air, Ian (after Yvette sighs) says: "What's that noise?

Yvette: What noise? Like a moan?

Ian: Breathing or something.

Yvette: I heard like an 'arrggh'.

Ciaran, who joined Most Haunted in April 2004 became suspicious of Acorah's antics on a shoot at Castle Leslie, Co Monaghan in Ireland where a 17th Century four-poster bed has been claimed to levitate.

Ciaran recalls: "As we walked into the bedroom, Derek touched the bed and came out with extremely accurate information.

"He insisted he got all the information just from touching the bed. But it was the wrong bed."

Antix Productions claims the mediums have no idea where they will be filming or know any details about the history of the locations.

But Ciaran says: "Derek must have had prior knowledge of the locations."

He devised a plan to see if Derek was deliberately deceiving the public.

While on a shoot at Bodmin gaol he invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker.

"I wrote the name down and asked another member of the crew to mention it to Derek before filming.

"I honestly didn't think Derek would take the bait. But during the filming he actually got possessed by my fictional character!"

On the next shoot at Prideaux Place, Cornwall, Ciaran made up another fictional character, highwayman Rik Eedles - an anagram of Derek Lies. Sure enough, Derek made contact with the dead outlaw.

Ciaran says: "In my professional opinion we're not dealing with a genuine medium.

"When Derek is possessed he is doing it consciously - all we are seeing is showmanship and dramatics."

Ciaran went a step further at Craigievar Castle, near Aberdeen.

"I made up stories about Richard the Lionheart, a witch, and Richard's apparition appearing to walk through a wardrobe - the lion, the witch and the wardrobe!" True to form, Derek mentioned all Ciaran's stories - even though Richard I reigned 500 years BEFORE Craigievar Castle was built.

The final straw came last month when Most Haunted presented a three-night special from Manchester.

On the second evening, the show claimed to be broadcasting live from the site of Cheadle's Victorian asylum, a place where - according to presenter David Bull - thousands died in torment. In fact they were in the derelict remains of Barnes Convalescence Home - where nobody died in torment.

Ciaran remembers: "Derek was communicating with spirits that sounded as if they'd been in an asylum, but it was never an asylum."

Yesterday the Mirror confronted Derek Acorah with Ciaran's allegations. He told us: "I've worked with Ciaran for many shows and he's got every right to say what he says.

"However, it does shock and surprise me. Not only do I believe that I am a genuine medium - I live my work 24 hours a day. If I thought that I wasn't a true medium, I wouldn't work as one."

A spokesman for LivingTV said: "Ciaran O'Keeffe has worked as the programme's official sceptic for 18 months and during this time has not brought any of his concerns to our attention.

"LivingTV has not seen any of your filmed evidence, but will fully investigate your claims."

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, what a surprise......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were we meant to think it was real??? :confused:
  • JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    :eek: Ands its the live event tonight. I wonder if they will address this?
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg i'm so surprised :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamfocus wrote:
    :eek: Ands its the live event tonight. I wonder if they will address this?

i wonder if its even live?
  • Peggy-BitchelPeggy-Bitchel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the live event is halloween ;). I hope they catch Yvette on the surprise, reading her script :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You watch your still get the “Acorah angels” and the MH die hard fans still making excuses, and saying its all lies.....
  • JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    the live event is halloween ;). I hope they cath Yvette on the surprise, reading her script :D

:D

I wonder if this could spell the end of the show then? This will no doubt cause them to lose viewers.

I expect this thread to be huge by tomorrow night :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there also this article click here

DEREK MAKES THE 'OTHER SIDE' SOUND LIKE THE OPEN UNIVERSITY
    JANE SIMON goes ghost-hunting with psychic Derek Acorah
    Jane Simon

THE cellar below the 200-year-old Grenadier pub in London's Knightsbridge is positively groaning with spirits - Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker - and a male and a female who left their physical bodies at some unspecified date in the past.

"That's where she was strangled and her body dumped!" Derek Acorah announces suddenly, pointing to the doorway where I'm standing. Derek's gold sovereign glints as he clutches at his throat and grabs his stomach.

"Was she garroted?" he whispers to Sam his faithful spirit guide. Sam is an Ethiopian who Derek knew in his last past life 2,038 years ago, come January. Lucky for us, Sam speaks perfect English.

"When you leave the physical plane of life there's no barrier of language because it's universal," Derek explains. But Sam wouldn't have learned English 2,038 years ago, would he?

"No," Derek agrees.

Do we learn other stuff after we die besides languages. Will we suddenly get really good at maths, for example?

"I think it would depend on yourself. What you do on the spirit side of life is entirely up to you." Derek makes the other side sound a bit like the Open University.

Or a hotel - and our two spirits seem to have checked out.

"You can't command visitations," Derek explains. "They come in when they wish."

I wonder if they've decided not to show because it's lunchtime, and Most Haunted was always done at night.

"Spirits don't just come at night," insists Derek. "They do come in daylight. Being a pub, you'd probably get more reaction in the evening time.

"If it was just a home, you'd get the experience of it day and night."

So, you could have done Most Haunted during the day and not bothered with all those daft night vision goggles then?

"It wasn't produced that way," says Derek. "I was just the medium."

"Night-time is much scarier," explains the LivingTV press officer firmly.

And I think we're all agreed on that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    I am so glad this has been exposed AT LONG LAST!

Fantastic :):)

I've been waiting for this day for so, so long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad this has been exposed AT LONG LAST!

Fantastic :):)

I've been waiting for this day for so, so long.

i bet the mirror waited til MH had been built up soo much to the point where this story would destroy it in a big way.

Its like what Mel C once sang,

'they build you up, so they can tear you down, trust the ocean, you'll never drown,'
  • duckapluckduckapluck Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we knew this only the gullible didnt
  • RuokasiRuokasi Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old news. I think that Ciaran is taking the fame for a few things off www.mosthauntedexposed.co.uk..

I don't mind though, I only ever looked at the show as entertainment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvette is on radio 1 chris moyles this morning. i hope he grills her on this subject!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    And to think that not all that long ago my partner Beckys_Mom was banned right after she had said on the MH thread it was a fake!! someone took that way too serious :rolleyes:

Can't wait to show her this LOL she will have a good laugh at those that slammed her for her views on the show for being fake!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive emailed Antix productions, i'll let you know if i get a reply ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does chris moyles do a phone in with his guests? i haven't listened to radio 1 in years. I hope she gets some awkward questions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote:
    does chris moyles do a phone in with his guests? i haven't listened to radio 1 in years. I hope she gets some awkward questions.

shes also on Paul O Grady on Monday, i wonder if she cancels :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been on the Antix website, and what comes over that the crew are close and good fun. Theres lots of quirky things on it, and so it must feel like being kicked in the teeth when one of team does this.

http://www.antixproductions.com/biogs_antix3.htm#ciaran

thats the person who went behined there backs. i wonder how long he will be on the website :rolleyes: .

but still, the truth must prevail ;)
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we've known about Derek for some time. The Kreed Kafer thing is old hat. As for the rest, I'll believe it's not just media hype when Ciaron can be bothered to update his own website ~ at the top of the home page it says "exposing the facts" :cool:

I'm on his e mail list and he hasn't let his own subscribers know anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well the programme was aimed at under 18z surely. i seen it once and didnt buy in to the crap they were selling
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any suggestions for questions Moyles should ask Yvette to chris.moyles@bbc.co.uk please :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Faeden wrote:
    You watch your still get the “Acorah angels” and the MH die hard fans still making excuses, and saying its all lies.....

So true!

"If you post it....they will come" :D

Stand by and wait.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat_Man wrote:
    So true!

"If you post it....they will come" :D

Stand by and wait.....

they've been pretty quiet so far. Mind you they're probably locked in their rooms at night. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to Ciaran for catching Acorah out, and not just once or twice! Yes, we knew about Kreed Kafer and Rik Eedles, but it was dismissed by the Acorah 'bleevers' who said they wouldn't believe it unless that the person who did it spoke out.

Now that Ciaran has spoken out, they will find it more difficult to ignore. It was very courageous of him, and shows him to be an honourable man. Well done, Ciaran.

Emma Gee
    www.doublexposure.co.uk