Kiesza-Giant In My Heart(2nd single)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.popjustice.com/songs/kiesza-giant-in-my-heart/

Just premiered! Its pretty awesome. Was worried that the follow up to Hideaway might not be that great,but it may even be better!Gonna be big!:D

Comments

• Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really like this! I too think i may just like this more than Hideaway! It has a brilliant energy to it, Im loving the early to mid 90s House vibe shes going for, shes pulling it off brilliantly. She is definately an artist im going to keep my eye on this year and beyond.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Err idk, much prefer Hideaway tbh
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This excellent! Really great follow up, gonna be a big summer smash!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing, she's amazing...finally we have a new dance diva popstar!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    The vocals sound a bit out of place but the song's good.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Sounds pretty good- the synth beats remind me of Lykke Li's "I Follow Rivers".
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor. Nowhere near as good as Hideaway. Another 1 hit wonder for this year. I couldn't get over why they kept building her up so much. Will be a moderate success at best and fade away to obscurity like all the others do over time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Poor. Nowhere near as good as Hideaway. Another 1 hit wonder for this year. I couldn't get over why they kept building her up so much. Will be a moderate success at best and fade away to obscurity like all the others do over time.

I don't think so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

I did fear after Hideaway became a colossal hit that Kiesza could be the latest one hit wonder, but her cover of What Is Love?, her energetic live performances, and now Giant In My Heart have all reassured me that she is in fact here to stay.
    Kiesza is simply too good a popstar to fade back into obscurity just yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Makson.

Even if the second single doesn't do as well as 'hideaway', that doesn't mean anything. People need to hear 'No Enemiesz' (which imo should've been the new single)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really, really love this. Had it on repeat even more than I did Hideaway.

I think this could easily give her another #1 if radio gets behind her again, which I'm pretty certain will happen.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the McClusky's video on Youtube. She is really good. I vote hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiesza has announced on twitter that on the 7th July a 'hideaway' EP will be released to tide fans over until the album (which is now looking at a late September release).

the tracklisting is:
    Giant In My Heart
    Hideaway
    So Deep
    What Is Love
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow I'm really impressed with that video, totally not what I expected, I love it!

Here is the YouTube link as I had trouble with that other one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUoSpDKwXk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's #3 in the midweeks!...Kiesza will not be a one hit wonder!!:D

Thrilled with that as this release has been very low key and not sure she's been getting much airplay in the uk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    She's #3 in the midweeks!...Kiesza will not be a one hit wonder!!:D

Thrilled with that as this release has been very low key and not sure she's been getting much airplay in the uk.

She's A List on Radio 1's playlist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pleased it's in the top 3, brilliany for a follow-up single
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    She's A List on Radio 1's playlist.

oh ok, that's great then:)
    the uk have really taken to her in a big way...i hope the states follows suit
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE Giant In My Heart. Definitely like it more than Hideaway, although I like Hideaway too. It has such a great 90s vibe, really reminds me of that music but - crucially - without RIPPING IT OFF or just sampling it like so many modern dance acts do.

And its not just instrumental house with a looped vocal sample like so many modern chart dance songs seem to be (or 'EDM') eg. Route 94 or that MK song.

I really like Giant in My Heart's video too and Kiesza herself seems a very genuine girl, great dancer, and great energy. Is she a professional dancer too I wonder? Her dancing reminds me a lot of Azealia Banks' backing dancers...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a trained ballerina
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE Giant In My Heart. Definitely like it more than Hideaway, although I like Hideaway too. It has such a great 90s vibe, really reminds me of that music but - crucially - without RIPPING IT OFF or just sampling it like so many modern dance acts do.

And its not just instrumental house with a looped vocal sample like so many modern chart dance songs seem to be (or 'EDM') eg. Route 94 or that MK song.

I really like Giant in My Heart's video too and Kiesza herself seems a very genuine girl, great dancer, and great energy. Is she a professional dancer too I wonder? Her dancing reminds me a lot of Azealia Banks' backing dancers...

You summed it up perfectly. She seems to be able to recreate it rather than reference it. She's basically fitting into that 90s dance music bracket whilst being in 2014!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiesza is this week's highest new entry at #4
    So now she has a #1 and a top 5 follow-up single....very impressive:D