Outlast {Great looking new Horror}

Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,762
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else interested in this up coming horror game, it looks so good, it's available 4th September on steam for £11.99 though not sure how long the game will be as yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x3oJQ6uUA8

Comments

• RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing this with the Oculus Rift would seriously mess you up!
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    This out today. If your quick you can get 20% off on steam.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played it for an hour or so, it is one hell of a scary game it has me creeping around every wall and door, great game but not cool to play at 1:30am lol
    Forum Member
    Played it for an hour or so, it is one hell of a scary game it has me creeping around every wall and door, great game but not cool to play at 1:30am lol

Too right! I had to turn it off at midnight and play something 'nice' for a bit before i could go to bed.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have to get this game...I do love the games that make me jump out of my skin lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add, the video is gameplay when you creep around it is like that.
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a superb game. It's scaring the living daylights out of me trying to get away from the nutters :D
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the 'reactions' video from IGN when some of the staff played in the dark. The problem I have with it is I've seen the monster and that takes a lot of the horror away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add, the video is gameplay when you creep around it is like that.

Yeah I watched the vid last night lol almost jumped out of my skin when that zombie thing tried to grab him :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really impressed the house is huge for some good exploration dark depressing corridors with tons of doors and rooms with a twisted story as it unfolds, and the camcorder mostly used for when it's pitch black adds to the suspense.

Not expecting it to be a long game they never are these indie games, but I've put about 4 hours in so far I don't see the ending to near yet, I love taking my time with games like this :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really impressed the house is huge for some good exploration dark depressing corridors with tons of doors and rooms with a twisted story as it unfolds, and the camcorder mostly used for when it's pitch black adds to the suspense.

Not expecting it to be a long game they never are these indie games, but I've put about 4 hours in so far I don't see the ending to near yet, I love taking my time with games like this :)

So worth the 14.99 then SB ?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So worth the 14.99 then SB ?.

Yes it's a great survival horror.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished it last night the ending is a big wtf moment though, took me about 5 hours as expected, this game deserves a lot of credit one of the best horror games since the very first Resident Evils, it easily takes a place in my top 5 this year.
    Forum Member
    Been playing the new Amnesia today and, whilst it's good, i have to say Outlast is MUCH scarier.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the chances of this appearing on the WiiU or PS4??? Looks absolutely fantastic!!! :cool:

(It sooo reminds me of the horror movie **grave encounters**) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing Amnesia to it is creepy but slightly disappointed it was meant to be this Outlast beater although I'm still enjoying it, but Outlast is so much better I agree.

Simon, I read about it coming to PS4, not 100% sure though :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to get more of these smaller games onto console, PC is amazing for quality games that millions of gamers just don't get the opportunity to play.

There is a lot to be said for consoles, but I wouldn't be without my PC now. Never thought I'd say that.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon, I read about it coming to PS4, not 100% sure though :)

The guy behind Outlast is singing the PS4's praises in the latest official mag so I guess it's pretty much guaranteed! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 owners are in for a treat then, as well as a few scares lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any survival horror scary pants fan that hasn't played this yet, then get playing lol.

The tension in some parts is so intense it's barely unplayable, for me anyway.

Forget Capcom and resi evil, Outlast is where all the real jumps/scares and tension lays, simply brilliant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any survival horror scary pants fan that hasn't played this yet, then get playing lol.

The tension in some parts is so intense it's barely unplayable, for me anyway.

Forget Capcom and resi evil, Outlast is where all the real jumps/scares and tension lays, simply brilliant!

I genuinely got that feeling, the suspense of the jump scares are very well done, I love the heavy breathing when you see something in the distance or a noise.

Has anyone watched PewDiePie playing though this? he a little over the top but the jump scares really get him lol

Don't watch if you haven't played it though the scares will ruin it.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished watching PewDiePie's playthrough of this. I love his reactions to horror games. :p
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just finished watching PewDiePie's playthrough of this. I love his reactions to horror games. :p

All of them completely fake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Near the end now and all credit to the devs behind this game, they've mastered the art of making you jump but they haven't gone overboard with obvious and frequent scare tactics.

I believe this will feature on the PS4, so if you get chance play it.