The Official DS Singles Dating Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    missy83 wrote: »
    Good luck with it.

There seems some really possessive, clingy women on there mind, with questionnaires for potential partners and very particular demands for their type of man etc
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All women are like that :D
    Forum Member
    missy83 wrote: »
    All women are like that :D

It's quite freaky that I've recognised a few girls on there. It's also agonising that I can't click on their profiles without giving myself away!! Does match.com not have a stealth mode of some sort?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never used match so have no idea but hopefully someone else will know. Is it free? maybe if it is you could create a second account just for looking?
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There seems some really possessive, clingy women on there mind, with questionnaires for potential partners and very particular demands for their type of man etc
    This means they are looking for potential babydaddy material. If you don't want babies maybe steer clear of these ladies.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This means they are looking for potential babydaddy material. If you don't want babies maybe steer clear of these ladies.

Or wear a condom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Or wear a condom
    Best to avoid altogether, avoid wasting each others time.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning :)
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning BG!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning BG!

Morning H

How ya doing?
  • HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning H

How ya doing?
    Jolly good ta! How's you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jolly good ta! How's you

I'm fine thanks.

its a bit brrrrrrr here today
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started up on POF again. Why o why did re-register? I hated filling out that bio. I can't ever find something good to say which will pull in the messages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I started up on POF again. Why o why did re-register? I hated filling out that bio. I can't ever find something good to say which will pull in the messages.
    I think you may have to message the ladies first, rather than wait for them to message you.
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good advice! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you may have to message the ladies first, rather than wait for them to message you.

That was what put me off last time. No matter how many ladies i spoke to, i never got any replies back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing to remember about dating sites is that often men outnumber women so women can afford to be a bit more selective.

What kind of things are you putting in your opening messages? I never replied to any that were over the top..the ''hi baby you're beautiful'' kinda thing or any generic ''hi how are you?'' messages.

I always replied to ones that mentioned something I'd said in my profile as it shows they had bothered to read it.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never, in my 'not so long' history, used a dating site and judging by the stories i have heard on here, i'm glad i haven't.

It all seems a bit too complicated for me, i admire your dedication Jason.
    Forum Member
    It's going ok on Match so far. But it's all meaningless until I actually meet these women. Trying to avoid the temptation on picking the most lustworthy (and often attention seeking), so just looking for character first and reasonable appearance second.

I've recognised a couple of women I see when on the Metro too. Not interested date wise, but the would love to take a peek at their profile. I need to create a second stealth account!!
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PART 26.................wow :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going ok on Match so far. But it's all meaningless until I actually meet these women. Trying to avoid the temptation on picking the most lustworthy (and often attention seeking), so just looking for character first and reasonable appearance second.

I've recognised a couple of women I see when on the Metro too. Not interested date wise, but the would love to take a peek at their profile. I need to create a second stealth account!!

Have you paid the full subscription on Match or can you still look for love and message with out paying a monthly cost?

Once i finished my profile on POF i started fishing and one woman i clicked on was a researcher in Television (i work in radio)
    i mentioned her job in my opening message and asked if i might have heard of any of the programmes that she's researched on as well as introducing myself. So far i've not heard back.
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Have you paid the full subscription on Match or can you still look for love and message with out paying a monthly cost?

Once i finished my profile on POF i started fishing and one woman i clicked on was a researcher in Television (i work in radio)
    i mentioned her job in my opening message and asked if i might have heard of any of the programmes that she's researched on as well as introducing myself. So far i've not heard back.

I ended up paying a subscription so I can send and receive. They must be making a flippin fortune on there!

How longs it been since you sent your message? Maybe you could post it on here so some of our resident ladies can give you feedback?! I mean, I've been asking some female friends for tips on dealing with that place so you could too!
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I have never, in my 'not so long' history, used a dating site and judging by the stories i have heard on here, i'm glad i haven't.

I couldn't use one either and almost admire the effort others put in:eek:

I wish you all luck as i'm bored with being single myself . Would be nice to have some good luck this year!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    I couldn't use one either and almost admire the effort others put in:eek:

I got myself on some, but not really put any effort in at the moment.

I wish you all luck as i'm bored with being single myself . Would be nice to have some good luck this year!

I agree, something should go right this year, not sure if I am board of being single or not. It is nice to do what I want when i want, but being alone can have it drawbacks.
    Forum Member
    I've created a fake profile so I can scan the details of those I'm interested in (or are interested in me) multiple times without them knowing!