What is your favourite game of all time?

Comments

• Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chriss234 wrote: »
    Bioshock.

I have both of them sat next to the 360, and just have never played either

Altered beast on the Megadrive. Purely nostalgic reasons, it takes me back to being a kid.

It was the game that came with the console and Sonic when I had it bought for me

Was brill at the time

Daryl Dark wrote: »
    Yeah Metal Gear Solid was amazing when I first played it and was right up there

Sure was......

Red Dead Redemption gets it for me. I've obsessed over games aplenty, played dozens of titles to death and there are old classics out there that date only in graphics. Red Dead was an actual experience, and I was immersed by it. The authenticity of it all, combined with the graphics, the plot and everything else just made it THE game for me. :D

I've NEVER been able to get into RDR..
    treme wrote: »
    I have a few

Metal Gear Solid - unique game experience (remember having to enter codes from the packaging, and the vibrating controller gimmick? Brilliant)
    Syphon Filter - remember these?
    Skyrim - still playing this, it's just awesome

Loved the first two...MGS and 2, .wonder why they never did a modern Syphon Filter...... and then Skyrim....but since I had to reboot........I can't get back into it....

kramstan70 wrote: »
    Resident Evil on PSOne

Resident Evil on PS1, was the gaming moment, I needed to go and buy one.....

Sat in a house with my mates, playing Res Evil, ooh the tension...... as we took it in turns...

For me, with some of the named ones above, I loved, the most memorable in BOLD

In the arcade........Toki.......R-Type, 1942, Golden Axe, Final Fight, Strider

Spectrum ZX - R-Type IK+

Megadrive - Sonic, Decap Attack, Ghouls and Ghosts, James Pond 2, Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage

Amiga - Championship Manager, Xenon, Rainbow Island, Lemmings, Populous

PS1 - Tenchu, MGS1, PES 1&2, Res Evil 1, Silent Hill.....

Dreamcast - Res Evil CV, Soul Calibur, Headhunter, Power Stone, Crazy Taxi, Metroplis Street Racer

PS2 - Medal of Honor Frontline, MGS2, God of War, Silent Hill 2, Call of Duty, Psi Ops,

Xbox - Halo CE, MoH, PGR, Call of Duty, Deus Ex, The Suffering, Star Wars KOTOR 1&2, Black, Star Wars RC, Gears of War series,

360 - Halo 3, COD4, Forza 3, Skyrim, Halo Reach, Far Cry 3, BF3 Online BFBC 1&2 Fable 2, Condemned

Will get around to the HD collection version of MGS so I can play Snake Eater...

I've never played Mass Effect.....but I guess its related to KOTOR.......so may be worth a punt

There are WAY too many games to single it down to 1

Maybe one of each genre!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have both of them sat next to the 360, and just have never played either

I've never played Mass Effect.....but I guess its related to KOTOR.......so may be worth a punt

Maybe one of each genre!

I like many, would highly recommend Bioshock and Mass Effect.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I like many, would highly recommend Bioshock and Mass Effect.

Most definitely.

ME is the natural successor to KOTOR.
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Baldurs Gate 2. Am a bit sad to see no one else has posted it yet :(
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfeinstien Enemy Territory :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Both Oblivion and Skyrim are all-time favourites of mine after putting so many hours and so many play-throughs of them both.

Bioshock.

Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 is my favourite horror game yet, remains unbeated for me in sheer impending terror and atmosphere.

Fallout 3.

Metal Gear Solid on the PS1.

Gauntlet on the Master System.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed a 2D shooter on Master System think it was called transbot. Used to have battles with the family for the highest score.
  • TPKingTPKing Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Metal Gear Solid PSX: Fighting Psycho Mantis where he was able to read what was on your memory card and having to change controllers so he could not read what you was going to do holy cow.

Honourable mention: Metal Gear Solid 2: Ai freaking out and telling you to go to bed. Almost Crap my pants lol.

Doom 1 & 2
    Half Life
    Freespace 2
    Unreal
    Quake 2
    Skyrim
    GTA Vice City. Pinnacle of the series imv. GTA San Andres was good but was lacking something.
  • dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex kid in miracle world
    Sonic 1
    Tomb raider 2
    Crazy taxi
    Gear of wars
  • paintballukpaintballuk Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I like paintball Games. A lot. I like the competition, the camaraderie, the adrenaline, the tinkering, the strategy and countless other aspects of the sport.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    For me the COD4 in which we were Soap :P
    And yea my all time favourite the fifa series, Somehow EA Killed Lan in 13 as well.
    But fifa 14 is about to be out in some months , Gimmme my lan option Back @ EA :(
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your favourite games of all time are Call Of Duty and FIFA you would do well to expand your field of interest somewhat beyond footy and guns. There's nothing wrong with footy and guns, I think both are great within reason, but there are many more interesting and rewarding gaming experiences out there, I recommend giving them a go.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal Darkness.

Ones that came close:
    LoZ: Twilight Princess
    Resident Evil Remake (gamecube)
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Uncharted(s)
    The Sims (original on pc)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Choosing one game.. Now that is hard....

I would say the Police Quest series. I spent many days of my childhood playing that game.

Mentions to:

Monkey Island (Especially 1 & 2)
    The Sims 2
    Oblivion
    Skyrim
    Sam and Max Hit The Road.
    Guild Wars 2
    Half life (loved all of these) :D
    Battlefield 2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it has to be Pong
  • matt4001matt4001 Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I can't believe nobody has given Thief a mention. Not the tarted up re-boot that will probably never see the light of day, but the original from 1998. The most tense, nerve-jangling gaming experience you will find. And still going strong after 15 years with literally hundreds of fan missions to keep you going :)
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 standouts from each ...

PS1 - Metal Gear Solid, Gran Tourismo
    PS2 - Timessplitters II, GTA 3
    XBox - Burnout Takedown, Spliter Cell
    Xbox 360 - Dead Rising, Crackdown
    PS3 - Borderlands, Fallout 3
    PC - UT '99, Portal 2

I cant say they're all time, as games are still being made that push the boundaries. Cant wait to see what the PS4 Xbox Orbis (?) will give us :)
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jet Set Willy
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Road Rash
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Manhunt
    Portal 1/2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    For me always been a tie between FFVII, Streetfighter 2 Turbo Edition, so vastly different but spent many hundreds of hours on each.

To the point where I used to know the Guile 10 hit ReDizzy :p damned if I could do it now though hah and I must have played through FFVII 6/7 times, Aeris always gets me right *here*.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burnout Revenge. Everything was fun and challenging. Online was truly international, as opposed to being stuck with English chav kids.

Absolutely loved coming home to that on a night.

Burnout Paradise was shite.

Far Cry 3 is superb, but multiplayer is terrible.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matt4001 wrote: »
    I can't believe nobody has given Thief a mention. Not the tarted up re-boot that will probably never see the light of day, but the original from 1998
    I loved Thief 2, but I came to that first and never got on with Thief 1. And even though Thief 2 was great, I'd rate Deus Ex , System Shock 2, and the original Half Life as being better.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Quake. I had so much fun back in the day with the original Quake Death Match system, clans and then QuakeWorld. Playing on the Barrysworld servers etc. Quake 2 RA was also enjoyable but nothing really beat the original Quake.

In terms of single player experience, Half Life and Bioshock Infinite.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quake 3 online

Call of Duty 2 Online - gawd how I miss the Omaha Beach map.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    If your favourite games of all time are Call Of Duty and FIFA you would do well to expand your field of interest somewhat beyond footy and guns. There's nothing wrong with footy and guns, I think both are great within reason, but there are many more interesting and rewarding gaming experiences out there, I recommend giving them a go.

Can you please name some of them so I can try ;)