Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Jackapple wrote: »
    I used to love heavy rock/ metal /thrash /grunge and lots of other stuff, i recently heard 'Bullet for my valentine' - tears dont fall..........I couldnt believe how awful it was and how it had over 50 million views on youtube.

what the hell ?

That's because they're a pretty boy Metalcore band aimed at adolescent girls. It's not Metal.

My youngest likes them. She saw 1D last night :o

Just to put them into perspective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't remember if I've already posted this in here. If I haven't then I should have. Like some German Blackened Folk Metal?

Equilibrium - Blut Im Auge (Blood In The Eye)

I love this. :)
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    embryo wrote: »
    The more mainstream end of rock/metal isn't really where the best stuff is anymore (with a few exceptions). Bullet for My Valentine certainly aren't a band I have any interest in, but I would argue that there's actually a lot worse rock/metal around nowadays than them! I don't actually mind 'Tears Don't Fall', though as I say, it's not the kind of metal I'd choose to listen to.

Terrible band. I had the unfortunate time of seeing them on their first big tour, when they were supporting 36 Crazyfists and they were even worse back then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    a non accoustic one [URL="[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-SQGOYOjxs]Rise Against – Prayer of the Refugee[/url]"][/url]Rise Against – Prayer of the Refugee

Yeah, that's more like it :) Powerful message in that video.

Now something from my favourite Swedish Industrialists. This brings a lump to my throat

Raubtier - En Hjältes Väg (A Hero's Path)

:cry:
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    Eddie was never happy about her being known as "The Iron Lady" but he did get his revenge :D

Only one Iron Maiden

The original version of the cover didn't have her eyes covered with the black strip. I believe that version is worth a few quid now.

Fortunately, I have one....... :D
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have you seen the prices for the sabbath gigs? no way am i paying £60

Trouble is for a band of that size it is the around the going rate these days. Rush are @ the same price.

I don't do many arena gigs these days for that reason, although there are always exceptions like Rush!! :D

We're going, mainly because my nephew has never seen Sabbath with Ozzy before and I can't imagine they will be doing too many more tours after this one.
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Well the Stones are charging £95 ennit

That's the starting price, plus booking fee of course, the price range goes considerably higher than that! We saw them @ 20 years ago when Bill Wyman was still in the band so I've no need to see them again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Van Canto, with Manowar's Kings Of Metal

Who says Germans don't have a sense of humour? :D

Unless Sly's actually taking this seriously. In which case, as you were :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This was on page 3 :eek:

Have we been broken? Did we go down? No, we'll never fall, we're the Masters Of The World

Anyway, the decision has been made. I'm going to Bloodstock :D
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    This was on page 3 :eek:

Have we been broken? Did we go down? No, we'll never fall, we're the Masters Of The World

Anyway, the decision has been made. I'm going to Bloodstock :D

Hope its a cracker for you:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope its a cracker for you:D

I'm just getting a day ticket for the saturday, when they become available. Tbh, I've never been to a festival before. Wtf am I letting myself in for? :eek: :o
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just getting a day ticket for the saturday, when they become available. Tbh, I've never been to a festival before. Wtf am I letting myself in for? :eek: :o

I would love to go to one, but not sure if i mentioned, i have 'Issues' with toilet facilities, could be a phobia!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would love to go to one, but not sure if i mentioned, i have 'Issues' with toilet facilities, could be a phobia!!!

That's definitely one thing that worries me :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I went to Bloodstock last year and had a brilliant time, I'm sure you'll love it. The atmosphere is brilliant, very welcoming and friendly, it feels much smaller and less corporate than something like Download or Sonisphere. There's always plenty going on as well, even without the music!

I see toilets have been mentioned - obviously you won't be getting luxury, but I have to say they weren't *quite* as bad as I thought they'd be. If you're only there for the day I'm sure you'll survive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I went to Bloodstock last year and had a brilliant time, I'm sure you'll love it. The atmosphere is brilliant, very welcoming and friendly, it feels much smaller and less corporate than something like Download or Sonisphere. There's always plenty going on as well, even without the music!

I see toilets have been mentioned - obviously you won't be getting luxury, but I have to say they weren't *quite* as bad as I thought they'd be. If you're only there for the day I'm sure you'll survive!

What provisions should I take? Food, seating, wellies?

Can't help feeling I'm going to be totally out of place :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What provisions should I take? Food, seating, wellies?

Can't help feeling I'm going to be totally out of place :o

I'd recommend taking some food - there are some pretty good food stalls there, but as with all festivals, they're ridiculously expensive! Seating is up to you - I was happy standing and watching the bands all day, just going back to the campsite every now and again between bands or when someone I didn't like was playing. You can always just sit on the floor (weather permitting), or obviously take a chair if you want to, plenty of people do. That does mean sitting a fair way back from the stage though once the bigger acts start playing. I'd be prepared to take wellies but see what the weather is like first - last summer it was really hot all weekend so they were completely unnecessary. If that's the case again, do not forget suncream!!!

You'll fit in just fine, there are all kinds of people there and of all ages etcetc..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd recommend taking some food - there are some pretty good food stalls there, but as with all festivals, they're ridiculously expensive! Seating is up to you - I was happy standing and watching the bands all day, just going back to the campsite every now and again between bands or when someone I didn't like was playing. You can always just sit on the floor (weather permitting), or obviously take a chair if you want to, plenty of people do. That does mean sitting a fair way back from the stage though once the bigger acts start playing. I'd be prepared to take wellies but see what the weather is like first - last summer it was really hot all weekend so they were completely unnecessary. If that's the case again, do not forget suncream!!!

You'll fit in just fine, there are all kinds of people there and of all ages etcetc..

So it's not wall-to-wall spiky people in corpse paint? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's not wall-to-wall spiky people in corpse paint? :D

Haha no not at all - you'll get a few of those though!

Almost forgot to say, festival essentials are wet wipes and toilet roll - just in case!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha no not at all - you'll get a few of those though!

Actually, they don't bother me really. The saturday lineup on the main stage is all Heavy/Death/Power. I'm more worried about hordes of bored Thrash fans waiting for the sunday :D There's loads of them whining about the 'double dose of Power' (Sabaton followed by Avantasia) over on the Bloodstock forum :rolleyes:
    Almost forgot to say, festival essentials are wet wipes and toilet roll - just in case!

Good thinking!
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We're going, mainly because my nephew has never seen Sabbath with Ozzy before and I can't imagine they will be doing too many more tours after this.

I saw their download show. I don't even like sabbath and I think ozzy is a gibbering wreck. But bugger me, they were fecking awesome :D thoroughly enjoyed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, they don't bother me really. The saturday lineup on the main stage is all Heavy/Death/Power. I'm more worried about hordes of bored Thrash fans waiting for the sunday :D There's loads of them whining about the 'double dose of Power' (Sabaton followed by Avantasia) over on the Bloodstock forum :rolleyes:

To be honest the corpsepaint is all a bit of a laugh anyway, I don't think anyone I saw wearing it was taking it that seriously.

And take no notice of the Bloodstock forum, they make up a small minority of the festival-goers. The absolute outrage on the forum when Machine Head were announced as the secret headliners last year was completely OTT (and I don't even like Machine Head!) - I was expecting them to get booed off stage! Yet they went down really well with the crowd on the night. I don't think there was any obvious hostility towards any bands I saw - and you certainly won't be the only power metal fan around anyway!
  • Options
    axlgodaxlgod Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, ive been listening to the new Ghost (or Ghost B.C if your in America) album 'Infestissumam' which leaked a few days ago.
    Has to be a strong contender for album of the year.

All hail satan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    axlgod wrote: »
    Yay, ive been listening to the new Ghost (or Ghost B.C if your in America) album 'Infestissumam' which leaked a few days ago.
    Has to be a strong contender for album of the year.

All hail satan.

I prefer their older stuff :D

Leaked? Suuure it did. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yay, Rock Rules :D
  • Options
    axlgodaxlgod Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer their older stuff :D

Leaked? Suuure it did. :p

Sarcasm?
    It's all over the net.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I'm going to see Sonata Arctica in Nottingham tomorrow night, I cannot wait! It'll be my third time seeing them!!

Flag In The Ground

Fullmoon

My personal favourite:

The Day

and one with Banjos! :D

Cinderblox