Got To Dance Series 4

Comments

• MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Hmm. Is this the last audition show? Anyway still wondering what a 3 year old is doing on the show and why she's getting so much air time. Oh well!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Hmm. Is this the last audition show?

Looks like it, which is quite worrying given that unlike all previous series, there hasn't been a single act that has stood out to me. :( I'm just hoping they have some hidden gems up their sleeves that we haven't seen yet.

Anyway still wondering what a 3 year old is doing on the show and why she's getting so much air time. Oh well!!

I can kind of forgive them for that, because they were bookending her, with the 96(?) year old, to give the message that any age can dance.

What's less forgivable to me is the amount of time wasted on kids/toddlers on the other audition shows. They might have been good for their age, and cute, but none of them deserved 1 red star, let alone the 3 they all seemed to get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wot no call-backs? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Wot no call-backs? :confused:
    Looks like they've scrapped that. May be it took up too much time. Anyway some very good acts there. I think that the soloists Lukas, the Canadian, and the contortionist breakdancer guy Shun are in with decent shouts. May be the two best soloists they've ever had on the show. None of the groups or couples look a step up from what we've seen before.
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Still watching, just not posting much. Will watch this evening's recorded one later.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted about Pop-c and Diva-J :(
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    They might have been good for their age, and cute, but none of them deserved 1 red star, let alone the 3 they all seemed to get.

Are you sure you are meaning gold?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Also gutted that Pop c Diva j didn't get through too.
    Too many similar styles going through and not enough diversity in dance styles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zerofreak wrote: »
    Also gutted that Pop c Diva j didn't get through too.
    Too many similar styles going through and not enough diversity in dance styles.

I also really liked one woman who tapped really beautifully and another who did some wonderful ballet piece. Would have swapped them for one of the break crews and one of the individual breaker types. That Rory Kid maybe.
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Am I mistaken in thinking in previous series, the whittle-down of the shortlist was a whole separate show, usually with a couple of dance offs when the judges "couldn't decide", plus footage of the judges going to the live finalists homes to deliver the good news? All condensed down to the final part of the last audition show tonight, with no scenes of contestants being told they'd got through (or otherwise). Feels very rushed this year. I still like the judges (well, 2 of them!) but the production/presentation of the show is not as good as in previous years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I also really liked one woman who tapped really beautifully and another who did some wonderful ballet piece. Would have swapped them for one of the break crews and one of the individual breaker types. That Rory Kid maybe.

Ahhh yeah, now I think about it there are a couple of really excellent tap dancers who didn't get through. And really? Rory? I can't remember much from his original audition but I know that he wasn't as stand out as some others who got cut.

I guess we're always going to be disappointed when it comes to who doesn't make the semis but this year there really does seem to be an uneven proportion of solo street compared to other syles...

Also Aston - what?! I just can't take what he says seriously
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Are you sure you are meaning gold?

Indeed, well spotted. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tigraboi wrote: »
    Am I mistaken in thinking in previous series, the whittle-down of the shortlist was a whole separate show, usually with a couple of dance offs when the judges "couldn't decide", plus footage of the judges going to the live finalists homes to deliver the good news? All condensed down to the final part of the last audition show tonight, with no scenes of contestants being told they'd got through (or otherwise). Feels very rushed this year. I still like the judges (well, 2 of them!) but the production/presentation of the show is not as good as in previous years

Yep, you're right. It's a pity because the call-backs have always been good shows to watch as it forced the dancers to step up their game and also gave us more insight into why the judges liked/disliked certain acts.

It was also a shame to see them pick "x" number of street acts and "x" number of contemporary, etc. instead of picking the 30 best acts that auditioned. :(

I don't know what has gotten into the producer's heads this year but they have certainly changed the show for the worse by getting rid of many of the things that made this show stand out above the plethora of other generic talent shows that are on TV.
    Forum Member
    Probably not worth start new threads for the live shows this year as the sub forum's a bit quiet but yes they get under way this evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all. I normally use livechat but they don't seem to have it this year
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not liking Ashley's hair!
    Forum Member
    Hi all. I normally use livechat but they don't seem to have it this year
    Sky's invested in Zeebox so they probably you to use that now.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Probably not worth start new threads for the live shows this year as the sub forum's a bit quiet but yes they get under way this evening.
    I didn't even know a sub-forum existed! I could have sworn I saw a thread in the TV Shows: UK earlier today and did a search - and found here by mistake! ;)
    Forum Member
    This Tom kid is great for his age at popping but he surely can't compete with the older guys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom was really good and had some great moves but did not feel like a live semi final performance. needed to be bigger and wower.
    Forum Member
    Tom was really good and had some great moves but did not feel like a live semi final performance. needed to be bigger and wower.
    I bet the kid's been working with the show's choreographers. I know Akai did for the live shows which probably helped him win series 1.
    Forum Member
    That was a bit of a low key performance from the young dancers there.
    Forum Member
    Aston's live show comments are much better than the edited ones of the auditions.
    Forum Member
    Collective Ent. was underwhelming as Ashley said.

Edit: As all the judges said.
    Forum Member
    Dance for Joy were surprisingly solid.