• ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOWIE
    (loughton)
    *sprints out of thread*

*peeks head in*
    A Touch of Frost filmed in debden broadway for one episode too

In 2000 the hospital I was a patient at for a while had a mortuary right opposite the part of the building I was in & they used to film the Mortuary scenes for A touch of frost there.
    Remember seeing David Jason when a few of us were outside having a ciggie one night & he waved at us.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    waterloo road at the moment. though i dont watch it

not a programme but the film sweet sixteen

The old Waterloo Road was just up the motorway from me.
  • BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Game of Thrones is filmed nearby and I have lots of friends who are extras. Thought of it myself but you need to have long grey hair and look unwashed. Not a good look - especially on the bus home:D
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Rushden and a old show called Hunters Walk was filmed here
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Well I live a mile or so away from Juniper Hill ( Fictionally called Lark Rise ) but needless to say it was filmed nowhere near here at all. Very odd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    retroguy wrote: »
    I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly

Ahh ... those were the days when Scottish tv was good
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    I was proudest of the fact that the legendary kids game show Fun House was produced by my local ITV franchise STV at their former studios in Cowcaddens Glasgow-which was about half an hour,s drive from where I live

Wheel Of Fortune and Win Lose Or Draw where Scottish productions too

The Paul Coia word quiz Catchword was a BBC Scotland production-though later co produced by an independent company and made at the former studios at Queen Margret Drive again not far from where I live and not too far from the studios of the rival ITV station

I,m gutted I could not sit in the Catchword audience as I was to young while it was on telly

In its early days, Win Lose Or Draw was made at the old STV Gateway studios in Edinburgh before transferring through to Cowcaddens.

When my sister lived in Glasgow city centre the end of her street was used for a scene in Taggart where a dead body fals out of a car. Her then boss was a member of Equity and played the dead body - he was paid quite handsomely for it, too!
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,293
    Forum Member
    Eastenders is filmed in parts of Hertfordshire I believe?

Donm't know what the show was but an ITV drama was filmed in a house in St Albans....
  • bangorboynibangorboyni Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Several scenes of Game of Thrones filmed in forest about 3 miles from me, Managed to have a walk around the set on a down day - pretty cool!
  • cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    The Prisoner was filmed just down the road from me
  • Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The odd scene from new tricks has been filmed nearby me. I never saw them filming but recognised the locations when I watched.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott and Bailey
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pie in the sky and Misomer murders had parts filmed where I come from, The Town was recently filmed in the next town over.

Where I live now is just up the road from Deal or No Deal studio and part of the Doctor Who xmas special was filmed a 5 minute walk away.
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I lived in Manchester part of the Cracker episode To Be Someone was filmed around the corner from where I lived. I must have walked past around the time they were filming it, as I wondered why my dentist had Asian film posters up in the window.

I now live in Yorkshire and part of South Riding was filmed around here.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy "Miranda" and CBBC comedy "Hotel Trubble" were recorded in an area that I don't live in but I'm not far away from it. In my free time, I usually go there to shop and sometimes do activities.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the 80's, they filmed part of a Doctor Who episode with Tom Baker in the hospital where my Dad was working at the time.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only ones I can think of is Eastenders which was last year.
    Also Don Jolly but you don't really see much as the cam is hiding behind a wall.
    But we are on Anglia and Look East News some times to.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the 60s and 70s, when the BBC owned Ealing Studios, it seemed that every outdoor location was filmed around here, from Z Cars to Monty Python and Dick Emery. It's still a favourite location and I reckon there's a film unit working in the borough at any given time. It's disconcerting to be watching something that's supposed to take place in Oxford (Morse, Lewis) or Bristol (Shoestring) and spot a house you pass every day.

The council is very accommodating and I think quite a few people are registered with agencies who find suitable locations for films, TV and commercials. My next door neighbour is one of these and we've had Harry Enfield, Chris O'Dowd, Sean Bean, Rafe Spall, Celia Imrie and several others wandering around. My claim to fame is that my bedroom window made a (very!) brief appearance in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!
  • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game of thrones filmed just up the road

Part of it (Crasters Keep) was shot half a mile up the hill from me too. They were back here a few months ago filming for series three around the old lead mines.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing has been filmed around my way since 'The Titfield Thunderbolt" in 1952. It was damn good though.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only ones I can think of is Eastenders which was last year.
    Also Don Jolly but you don't really see much as the cam is hiding behind a wall.
    But we are on Anglia and Look East News some times to.
    EE have been there a few times. The beach/pier has often been used for music videos. The pier is used in films eg Kinky Boots. Jaywick doubled as Southend in Starter for Ten. Luke Pasqualino ex Skins was in Clacton last year filming a horror movie (Love Bite?) Realise these are films not tv so probably dont count on this thread!
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor who episode 'Blink' was partly filmed in my husbands shop in Newport South Wales, whovians often think this episode is the best 'new' Who. Bit of a bonus too, I got to meet David Tennant and Carey Mulligan!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game Of Thrones was filmed reasonably close to where I live
  • punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    Doctor who episode 'Blink' was partly filmed in my husbands shop in Newport South Wales, whovians often think this episode is the best 'new' Who. Bit of a bonus too, I got to meet David Tennant and Carey Mulligan!

There's always plenty of BBC Wales filming in Newport. Favourite locations are Tredegar House and St Woolas cemetery which have been used several times in Who and Sherlock amongst others but there are other spots around the city including the cafe in Pill used for Being Human and the Gaer which is a favourite BBC council estate of choice used in Torchwood and the forthcoming batch of Who episodes. Parts of the city centre have also featured in Sarah Jane Adventures and Wizards and Aliens.

I work near Tredegar Park where the crew normally parks up if they are filming in the area and it's always exciting to see their vehicles there. They were there again this week filming something for Casualty nearby.

Newport is the new Hollywood don't cha know :D.