"Leverage" Cancelled

Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It had a good 5 year run on TNT but sadly the final episode airs (in the US) this coming Tuesday. It's not a surprise because the producers did mention a few weeks ago that this is most likely the show's final season. The good news is that it will have a proper finale. Since they anticipated the cancellation, they had enough time to write and film the finale that they envisioned for the show. The final episode is called "The Long Goodbye Job".

LINK

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A shame but as you say it had a good run for its money
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real shame. I got in to this quite late and, thanks to FX, caught up quite quickly as they started it again from Season 1, Episode 1 at 6pm a few months back.

But then I guess 5 seasons isn't a bad run and at least it's getting a proper ending as well.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Yeah found out a few hours ago, really saddened about the news, seems theres a few US shows coming to an end after a long run, Flashpoint being one other last week. Oh well hopefully it makes way for some new exciting T.V shows in the new year.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Yeah found out a few hours ago, really saddened about the news, seems theres a few US shows coming to an end after a long run, Flashpoint being one other last week.

Flashpoint was Canadian.:)
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Flashpoint was Canadian.:)

...............So?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    ...............So?

You had mentioned Flashpoint as an example of one of the "US shows coming to an end after a long run." I simply pointed out is not a US show. It's Canadian.:)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leverage has always been on my to-watch list but it's always been a mixed-bag kinda series. Each season was a mixture of a couple of stella eps, a few good eps and a couple of stinkers - but the quality of the stella ones made me forgive them the icky ones. This season, however, I can't remember if they've even had a good one :( -
    ( unless the double ep where they split up the team 3:2 happened )

So I will be sad to see it go, if the end ep rocks I won't be too disappointed - it's time to turn off the lights cos this party is over.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    It's a shame that it's ending, it's one of my favourite shows at the moment. Still 5 seasons isn't a bad run I suppose.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to never miss it and religiously watched season 1 - 3, but kinda miss it the last few seasons but still a good show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tempting to download S5 now I suppose, rather than wait until next year
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i think it had gotten tired. turned in to the a team.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    i think it had gotten tired. turned in to the a team.

That's exactly what I thought. The fizz was fizzling out of this show. Still it was much better than most other shows. I will miss it. Especially the cast, they worked so well together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    aww thats a shame. It was nice to have a formula style show that wasn't based around murder or police work. It was much less cringey than hustle but probably a good thing they didn't flog it to death.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a nice finale. I was satisfied with the conclusion and the final minute leaves enough of an opening for just in case they ever want to spin if off into another series some day (unlikely but one never knows). :)
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of Christian Kane and the band Kane, but for some reason I just couldn't get into this show. I managed two or three episodes. Plus I found that blonde one incredibly annoying.

Still, I'm sad for the show, the cast/crew, and of course the fans.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    modeyink wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of Christian Kane and the band Kane, but for some reason I just couldn't get into this show. I managed two or three episodes. Plus I found that blonde one incredibly annoying.

If you're interested in giving it another go I'd recommend you start with either of these two eps:

s1e05 - The Bank Shot Job
    and/or s1e11 - The Juror Job

both eps show (imho) how great the series could be.

Methinks if you try them and they don't click for you then yup, you were right not to give the show more eps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    It was a nice finale. I was satisfied with the conclusion and the final minute leaves enough of an opening for just in case they ever want to spin if off into another series some day (unlikely but one never knows). :)

Well thanks for telling us about something that hasn't even aired in the UK yet. Very considerate of you.. :rolleyes:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thanks for telling us about something that hasn't even aired in the UK yet. Very considerate of you.. :rolleyes:

This is the US section is it not?

Not to mention it was hardly "spoilery" was it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    This is the US section is it not?

Irrelevant. There are threads about US shows in this section that are clearly marked "US Pace" and "UK Pace".

While this thread isn't obviously marked with either, I think it was quite clear from reading the thread that the majority of contributions were from people who weren't watching at US Pace so it would have been a simple curtesy to error on the side of caution and add spoiler tags - that's all.
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Not to mention it was hardly "spoilery" was it?

Doesn't have to explicitly mention plot points or details to be "spoilery" does it ?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irrelevant. There are threads about US shows in this section that are clearly marked "US Pace" and "UK Pace".

While this thread isn't obviously marked with either, I think it was quite clear from reading the thread that the majority of contributions were from people who weren't watching at US Pace so it would have been a simple curtesy to error on the side of caution and add spoiler tags - that's all.

Doesn't have to explicitly mention plot points or details to be "spoilery" does it ?.
    Well, yes. It kind of does. A show being cancelled is a statement of fact, it's not ruining anything about the show for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes. It kind of does. A show being cancelled is a statement of fact, it's not ruining anything about the show for you.

I'm not talking about the show being cancelled - that's more than obvious. I'm talking about the poster who mentioned the final episode's final moments and the fact that it apparently leaves enough open for a spin-off which, IMHO, leaves enough to infer certain things about the fate of the team.

But, that said, I'll leave this thread alone now as I'm not going to argue the toss and someone will invariably think they're being "helpful" by revealing specific tag-free spoilers.