Why doesn't Carla just call the police?

buxbbuxb Posts: 36
Forum Member
Why is Carla giving Rob 30% of her hard earned business in return for him shafting her? She's portrayed as a strong independent women and yet apparently she doesn't have the guts to call the police and would rather let him walk all over her. Makes no sense to me :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buxb wrote: »
    Why is Carla giving Rob 30% of her hard earned business in return for him shafting her? She's portrayed as a strong independent women and yet apparently she doesn't have the guts to call the police and would rather let him walk all over her. Makes no sense to me :confused:

Not to put too fine a point on it I think what we have here is what is known as "shite writing". There's plenty of that in soapland.
  • Danny SimpsonDanny Simpson Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Because deep down she loves her brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty cow.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I think we're led to believe that because they are family, and Carla doesn't want a full scale war with him, she's letting him off. I suppose the fact that's seemingly competent at securing deals is perhaps part of the plan. But I reckon otherwise he would avenge her horribly

But the writing too is not great :cool:
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because their family.
  • ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the writing has been shaky but Rob is Carla's brother at the end of the day, deep down she loves him and he loves her, not that either of them would admit that.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is only a soap after all. They do a lot of silly things in soaps nowadays.
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Because their family.

Because their family...what?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he has some sort of hold over her?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    maisymoo wrote: »
    Not to put too fine a point on it I think what we have here is what is known as "shite writing". There's plenty of that in soapland.

Precisely this. How many times have we seen someone physically assault someone in a soap. How many times do the police get called ?