• SambdaSambda Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Three words,

Sally Thomsetts Ass.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Wait till you get to the episode where they use Mrs Roper's sunlamp :eek:
    Forum Member
    7:15 into this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ex8yS_LCeI&feature=relmfu shows the scene cut from todays episode

"try and screw them for £100 quid and maybe we'll have a night out" was removed from ITV3

Why on earth did they remove that? "Screw" wasn't being used in a sexual sense.

There's an episode with the word "pissed" in it too (one of the first times it was used pre-watershed?) - that'll go, no doubt.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, I've just had a flashback:eek:

Is that the the one where Larry's bird drinks barley wine (it's OK, kids, you won't have heard of that).

Larry tells her that he's a mechanic for a racing team, gets her back to his flat and offers to show her how to strip down an engine, using her as the engine. I can remember the line "First we remove the spark plugs".

Am I close or is the dementia more advanced than I thought?:D

That sounds like the episode from the last series when Robin realises he is losing Chrissie to his brother and the two girls that Larry and him pick up try and console him.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Will they edit the scene from the first series when Robin and his friend Larry go to the pub and pick up two girls the one Larry lands up with is Janine Davitski and she is a Gary Glitter fan.:eek:

Yes they did as ITV3 showed that episode today.

The other girl(the one that Robin picked up) was played by Jenny Hanley....
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Surely cutting the last scene must have ruined the structure of the episode? I'm guessing the writer built up the confusion over Roper's change of heart during the episode, setting up the denouement with the 'poof' joke, so leaving it out must have left the episode confusing.

The number of things that get edited out of sitcoms is ridiculous.:eek:

The last time the episode was screened they just blanked out the word p**f (I'm even censoring myself!! :rolleyes:).
    This time round it jumps to Chrissie explaining he'll have to wear the women's clothes for the rest of his life.....the joke was completely lost!
    Forum Member
    Great show, a true 70s classic - I'm well chuffed this is being re-run.
    (A tad overkill on the editing out of 'poof' though)

I had a huge crush on Jo back in the day as a nipper, when this originally aired.

Robin's cheeky mate Larry was always a big favourite too.

Sadly the actor who played Larry, Doug Fisher, died in 2000 at the age of just 59. :(
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny Hanley [ from Magpie ] in tonight's episode looking rather sexy.

Also Ian Lavender looking not so sexy, but with requisite 1970s face fuzz.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cor, watching this show brings back memories.

They were talking about baby sitting and how much they earnt for doing it.

40p an hour.
    :eek:
  • MarkG6RMarkG6R Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    An episode of Man About The House has a cheeky Scrabble board scene, technology has now advanced sufficiently to allow us read the words clearly !

http://www.noisetosignal.org/2008/07/dirty
  • oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarkG6R wrote: »
    An episode of Man About The House has a cheeky Scrabble board scene, technology has now advanced sufficiently to allow us read the words clearly !

http://www.noisetosignal.org/2008/07/dirty

Reminds me of an episode of Steptoe and Son, when the 'dirty old man' had all rude swearing words!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,887
    Forum Member
    I caught this the other week and I am sure they removed the cockrell and two cats from the end titles.
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's episode was the opening one of Season 3, those of you watching carefully will have noticed the change to the title sequence, it is now the one filmed at the zoo.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught a c ouple of these and they still make me laugh!
  • leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of editing, the episode of Fawlty Towers about the Germans was shown the week before last on GOLD. As many of you know the major makes certain racial references using two unacceptable words. Surprising how after all this time that GOLD can get away with this without editing. Can you imagine the hell there would be to pay if BBC1 or BBC2 transmitted this without editing.
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »

Has that been shown yet?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What happened?? I don't recall it.
    When will this episode be shown?
    Forum Member
    What happened?? I don't recall it.
    When will this episode be shown?

AFAIR, Mr Roper secretly sells his wife's sunlamp to those upstairs. She then assumes they have nicked it when she sees them using it. They're at cross-purposes until George is found out; Mildred has a go at him.

Anyroadup, there are a couple of scenes with both girls in bikinis using the lamp. The shots of Sally T (wearing the briefer bikini) are rather nice. I think Robin actually exclaims, "Cor blimey!" when he sees her. Paula Wilcox is far less curvy, actually.

It's one of the later episodes. And taking a guess from the list of titles on Wiki - "The Sunshine Boys"?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIR, Mr Roper secretly sells his wife's sunlamp to those upstairs. She then assumes they have nicked it when she sees them using it. They're at cross-purposes until George is found out; Mildred has a go at him.

Anyroadup, there are a couple of scenes with both girls in bikinis using the lamp. The shots of Sally T (wearing the briefer bikini) are rather nice. I think Robin actually exclaims, "Cor blimey!" when he sees her. Paula Wilcox is far less curvy, actually.

It's one of the later episodes. And taking a guess from the list of titles on Wiki - "The Sunshine Boys"?

Cheers! I'll keep my eyes on the listings
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone see last nights episode (Tuesday)?

Robin practically tried to force himself on Chrissie.

I'm not sure if it is 70s sensibility or 2010's PC'ness, but it felt very uncomfortable to watch.

I doubt women would accept that sort of behaviour now a days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cor, watching this show brings back memories.

They were talking about baby sitting and how much they earnt for doing it.

40p an hour.
    :eek:

40p?? Must be London rates I only got 30p!

Loving the re runs of this programme - such memories from my youth, from a time when life was so much less complicated. :(
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leslie123 wrote: »
    Talking of editing, the episode of Fawlty Towers about the Germans was shown the week before last on GOLD. As many of you know the major makes certain racial references using two unacceptable words. Surprising how after all this time that GOLD can get away with this without editing. Can you imagine the hell there would be to pay if BBC1 or BBC2 transmitted this without editing.

I once heard that PC edits of old shows get a lot more complaints than new stuff that that contains material that some people find offensive, only that it is not reported in the Mail.
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

For those who can't wait, here's a sneaky clip...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xYuttvlW78
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's not that frail/stupid/without his own thoughts.
    He didn't buy The Mail. :D
    Forum Member
    leslie123 wrote: »

We might find out quite soon! BBC2 Scotland has been running Series 1 at weekends. It's timeslot's moved around recently due to Remembrance Day and sport events.

Last Sunday "Gourmet Night" was screened at 5.30pm billed as episode 5 of 6. This would mean "The Germans" episode should be on this weekend.

I wonder if they'll make any edits?