The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    911 covering Dr Hook?

Yeah they did an album of covers for their second album iirc. They also covered 'More than a Woman' by the Bee Gees.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Was Yvie the vocal coach on Popstars when Hearsay/Liberty X were chosen?

I'm not sure about that but she was featured in the first few series of The X Factor.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant show tonight!!
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the show tonight, wish we got to see more of rehearsals (my favourite bit), since they filmed the whole thing the should put extra clips online..
    So good to see Five and Bwitched again, I think I had their debut album on cassette somewhere..

PS. Sorry but Blue werent needed, I'd rather other groups singing 1 extra song.
    +If Bwitched had to cut out To You I Belong because of them.... :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like kerry katona but she looks awful with that hair cut. It makes her look like a butch bloke with all those tattoos. She was so pretty when she was in atomic kitten. She should put extensions in her hair to make her look more feminine.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Yeah they did an album of covers for their second album iirc. They also covered 'More than a Woman' by the Bee Gees.

I remember Chris Moyles when he first joined radio one hugely taking the piss out of 911.I used to listen to his show when I came home from school. He did a version of More Than a Woman called "More than a Baldy":D I think it was Moyles anyway? I'm sure it was. Was around 97/98 time.

911 seemed to do a lot of 70's cover versions. 80's nostalgia hadn't kicked in at that point.
  • MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    gkmacca wrote: »
    This is where ITV ripped off the idea for this show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_Reunited

The only change they've made is to turn it into more of a soap-style teenage bawlfest.

Technically true but a band reuniting and touring is hardly a novel concept. There are many bands who split acrimoniously and refused to tour for years (e.g. The Police) but in the MP3 era with record royalties vanishing suddenly they found it in themselves to bury the hatchet and go on a lucrative tour. The Eagles probably can't stand the sight of each other by now yet after the initial reunion in 1994 (!) they have toured many times in order to maintain their lavish lifestyles.

The difference here, of course, is that the reality TV-style drama leading up to the gigs is the primary focus of this show.

And, let's face it, Bands Reunited reunited actual bands i.e. musicians. I'm not here to slam sequenced pop music except to note that these are all vocal-only groups. Rekindling one's instrumental chops in a short time is a much more daunting prospect.
    Forum Member
    foxy23 wrote: »
    She is still seems very hurt by Sinead - Not sure why she is still holding on to this. Seems like it was more than a friendship, in her eyes? Very interesting!

It sounded exactly like two ex-lovers quarrelling. Not a judgment, just an observation.
    Forum Member
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    Is Sean ever not miserable?

Chuck the moaner out and let's have 3ree! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Natasha's on a big big big high. ;)

You're terrible (but funny and probably right)
    ;):rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Between Lindsay and Mariama I was wearing out the pause button.

Lindsay stretched out on the floor in those slinky jeans and heels. *swoon*
  • mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majorkey wrote: »
    Chuck the moaner out and let's have 3ree! :rolleyes:

Keep Shon in--he`s a character. 5ive are like a sitcom!
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this episode, spoiled by the preview of next week with the introduction of Blue :yawn::yawn::yawn::sleep:
    Agreed, I'm not too keen on Lee already as he has in the past acted like the ultimate d!ckhead.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Another enjoyable episode last night, although Kerry was on far too much... can she actually sit still for 5 minutes without opening her gob and trying to draw attention to herself?? The rehearsal stuff was pretty daft but fun - and the Honeyz sound amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing them on the tour very much, considering this lineup never performed together before they were very 'together'! :)
    Forum Member
    Lindsay is definately standing out much more now, when I remember them originally she was the quiet one you didn't really notice!

I can confirm that I for one always noticed her! ;)
    Forum Member
    Just been thinking... is it just me or is Scott from 5ive being quite selfish? He seems obsessed with the idea of having a new member to replace J, when its obvious that the other guys don't want to! He's probably a decent enough guy but other people seem to be getting criticised for less?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    She is still seems very hurt by Sinead - Not sure why she is still holding on to this. Seems like it was more than a friendship, in her eyes? Very interesting!

Wonder if they will still work as a unit?

Yes the way she seemed to have held onto the hurt, seemed like there was more to it.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I must admit Kerry didnt annoy me on thursday as much as i thought she would

sean on the other hand................drama queen??
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    As much as I'm enjoying this show, I cannot help but feel that some bands are getting all the attention (mainly Five and Atomic Kitten) and the rest are getting shortchanged (particularly the Honeyz and Liberty X).

I also don't see the point of Blue being introduced so late in the programme. They're not needed and they never really broke up in the first place.

Sean from Five does my head in with his constant tantrums. He should just get his head sorted or go home.
  • Skygirl19Skygirl19 Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How amazing is Abz!. He's hilarious and just gets on with stuff. He doesn't get pulled into any of the squabbles either. I love how he still says lovely things about J.

Sean needs to sort his head out and stop raining on everyone's parade every 2 minutes.

Bring back J!
    Forum Member
    Skygirl19 wrote: »
    How amazing is Abz!. He's hilarious and just gets on with stuff. He doesn't get pulled into any of the squabbles either. I love how he still says lovely things about J.

Sean needs to sort his head out and stop raining on everyone's parade every 2 minutes.

Bring back J!

Yeah I think Abz is ace too, probably THE star of the series I reckon! I never imagined that I would like him as much as I do now.

Oh and I'm also disapointed that Honeyz in particular get so little attention, but presumably the programme makers want to focus more on the groups who have bigger fanbases and plenty of drama?
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Still perhaps too much 5ive, I would've liked to have seen more rehearsals for the other groups but here's hoping they will be featured more in the next episode. I doubt it though since it seems it will be centred on Blue's arrival, who are just going to ruin it I think. Would've preferred more songs from the others to perform, now they only have three each :(

As long as they stick to showing what they have advertised then I'm hoping that means more B*Witched rehearsal time. I remember a few episodes ago in their "next time" feature that Sinead was upset during singing rehearsals. That may be shown next week as a few of them seem to be struggling.

I really liked Kerry. I think she's always been funny and nice, but just made a few bad mistakes. Natasha was fun as well, had a good laugh. I was really nervous for them all having to perform in front of one another. I see B*Witched still can't do the dancing in time with one another :p I'm really glad they are sharing vocals. From the clips on Youtube, it appears they do share them so I'm guessing Keavy, Sinead and Lindsay overcome their nerves and manage to sing lead along with Edele.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I'm loving this. It brings back some wonderful nostalgia.

I think being around Sean would be so draining, he sucks the fun out of everything.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    The more and more I think of Blue being involved the more I come across disappointed..Don't get me wrong I LOVE Blue...I just cant help but think the concert will be the Six we have invested all our time in then Blue if you get me...They will look like they will be out of place UNLESS they are now including them in the show...I Know if they had been involved from day 1 then i would have been cool with it...But half way through..NAH!

This is how I feel, plus I think they were slightly later than all of the rest in terms of when they were big. Just seems a bit bandwagon jumping to me.

Blue were fine, but nothing special.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All so false. Can see why they switched Naimas mic off
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_JKvODbeE