Comments

• TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    What a very random booking! His link to ice skating is rather tenuous to say the least... I think this show is trying to cram in far too many stars now, I can't see each person getting much time in the show which is a shame. The addition of Peter Andre to sing as a special guest at some of the shows is a bit of a strange one as well!

Personally I'm glad that I chose to go to see the Professionals On Ice instead, but this tour will probably do better as people will want to see their favourite celebs rather than good skating.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    What a very random booking! His link to ice skating is rather tenuous to say the least... I think this show is trying to cram in far too many stars now, I can't see each person getting much time in the show which is a shame. The addition of Peter Andre to sing as a special guest at some of the shows is a bit of a strange one as well!

Personally I'm glad that I chose to go to see the Professionals On Ice instead, but this tour will probably do better as people will want to see their favourite celebs rather than good skating.

Celebs on Ice only has a few celebs and mostly professional acts so there will be plenty good skating to watch and more variety too.
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Celebs on Ice only has a few celebs and mostly professional acts so there will be plenty good skating to watch and more variety too.

Each to their own but I would much rather see a show with nothing but skating like Holiday On Ice, Hot Ice etc. than a show with 'variety' acts. If I wanted to see Peter Andre I'd go to one of his concerts!

Oh and I'd say there are quite a few celebs in this show - they've got Beth, Matt, Gareth, Chico & Kyran, plus some woman off the X Factor singing and the aforementioned 'special guests'. I bet most of them only perform 1 routine in the whole show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Peter Andre and Paul Gascoigne are odd additions to the show tbh. I expect they could get lots of Andre fans that aren't interested in the skating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own but I would much rather see a show with nothing but skating like Holiday On Ice, Hot Ice etc. than a show with 'variety' acts. If I wanted to see Peter Andre I'd go to one of his concerts!

Oh and I'd say there are quite a few celebs in this show - they've got Beth, Matt, Gareth, Chico & Kyran, plus some woman off the X Factor singing and the aforementioned 'special guests'. I bet most of them only perform 1 routine in the whole show.

Since when was Holiday On Ice JUST about skating? It's got loads of variety acts, novelty acts, dancers, skaters on bikes doing a fun act etc etc.
    And as for your comments about Hot Ice well as someone who knows that show inside out, what were you watching? Did you miss the singer? The act in the bath with Alexey hanging from leather straps? Said Alexey pole dancing and again him balancing and doing a novelty act on a giant statue. Not to mention two of the girls above the ice using hoops, and then there's the fire act. Previous years has also seen novelty acts with go carts, a giant wheel, someone on a bike, flying acts on wires/silks, if you go further back in the shows history then there were even chimps on ice and magic acts, so no it's NOT just purely a skating show!
    Forum Member
    Since when was Holiday On Ice JUST about skating? It's got loads of variety acts, novelty acts, dancers, skaters on bikes doing a fun act etc etc.
    And as for your comments about Hot Ice well as someone who knows that show inside out, what were you watching? Did you miss the singer? The act in the bath with Alexey hanging from leather straps? Said Alexey pole dancing and again him balancing and doing a novelty act on a giant statue. Not to mention two of the girls above the ice using hoops, and then there's the fire act. Previous years has also seen novelty acts with go carts, a giant wheel, someone on a bike, flying acts on wires/silks, if you go further back in the shows history then there were even chimps on ice and magic acts, so no it's NOT just purely a skating show!

Sorry you're quite right, I put that really badly and was forgetting about Alexey! I think there is a subtle difference though as I doubt many people go to Hot Ice just to see an aerial act, whereas I can envisage some Peter Andre fans buying tickets for COI just to see him because he's a big name and will be a draw. Some of them might even moan that he's not on enough and that there's too much skating!

I even saw a comment on Facebook from someone saying they thought anyone who wanted to swap days (Chico isn't appearing when Peter Andre is, apparently) was mad. I would much rather see Chico any day!
    Forum Member
    Tonight's show was apparently cancelled due to 'unforseen technical issues' - i.e. the ice rink was more like a swimming pool! There seem to be lots of complaints on Facebook & Twitter, especially as people had bought drinks and merchandise before being told it was off.

I hope the rest of the shows go ahead for the sake of anyone who's going, but it's certainly not a good start! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's show was apparently cancelled due to 'unforseen technical issues' - i.e. the ice rink was more like a swimming pool! There seem to be lots of complaints on Facebook & Twitter, especially as people had bought drinks and merchandise before being told it was off.

I hope the rest of the shows go ahead for the sake of anyone who's going, but it's certainly not a good start! :(

Very bad start. I hope these unlucky people are given apologies and compensated for this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very bad start. I hope these unlucky people are given apologies and compensated for this.

Everyone was offered an exchange of tickets or a full refund, not much else they can do really
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was offered an exchange of tickets or a full refund, not much else they can do really

Perhaps refund the carpark fees and the drinks etc. people paid for?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps refund the carpark fees and the drinks etc. people paid for?

Why should they though?

Also read sarky comments on Twitter/Facebook saying that if it had been the 'proper' DOI tour that Torvill and Dean wouldn't have allowed this to happen, well actually they did and I know this as fact as I was at the Glasgow venue the year they allowed everyone in the building and again people bought drinks/food/program's/merchandise then let us in late for them to then pull the show 10 mins before it was due to start, all we got was money eventually refunded without even an offer to exchange tickets for a different venue
    I think the show have been pretty fair to at least offer an alternative show at any venue or a full refund of ticket price. The rest they can't do much about as it was a technical fault they couldn't fix in time.
    I will say though that it could possibly of been handled better with more info from the organisers and the NIA